Did God hit Florida with Hurricanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Being a resident of Florida, I know God didn't make the hurricanes hit Florida. Thats ridulous.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drbrumley

Being a resident of Florida, I know God didn't make the hurricanes hit Florida. Thats ridulous.

Oh, so he just LET it happen.

Not sure what alternative is worse.

Chileice

Originally posted by drbrumley

Although there is no way I could know if He did or not, why do you say it is ridiculous? If hurricanes hit Iraq, would you say it was ridiculous? The truth is, meteorologically speaking, those hurricanes were each unusual... especially the last two. Ivan drove right up to Jamaica's doorstep, then made a left turn and stayed at sea, drove right up to Cuba, turned left and missed her and then drove straight across the Gulf and slammed into the U.S.

Jeanne was even more bizarre. It looked like it was going to die out in the middle of nowhere, does a 270 degree spin and drives back to Florida. Now I'm still not saying God did it... but you have to admit it was a meteorological oddity that we haven't seen before. Maybe God didn't like the results FL had in last election and wanted to send a reminder, or can He not do that kind of thing?:think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
God didn't make those hurricanes hit.

So what happened?

Well, the hurricanes just took their course. God watched it happen but he didn't force them to go anywhere.

So...God let the hurricanes do their thing? And didn't intervene?

Well, technically, yes.

How is that different from deism? He stepped back and watched the hurricanes do their thing, right? He wound them up and let them all go, right? So while watching this heinous round of hurricanes go to work and rip apart an entire state, even though he MADE the hurricanes, he didn't MAKE THEM go in any particular direction.

In other words, stuff just happens, and either God watches and doesn't care, or he cares and just watches.

:kookoo:

temple2006

TONGUE IN CHEEK...........Of course he did. Don't you know that everything is preplanned and executed according to "The Plot".

Seriously, the latest theological concept....emergence, says that the universe is full of random events and novelty. God is a force and does not know what randomness and novelty will introduce but we can believe and hope that It's response is always loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.