ECT Definition of Futurism

Interplanner

As far as I can tell, Dispensational Futurism is the belief that when you read Mt24A, it has nothing to do with that generation in Judea. Instead, there are 'lights' flashing in the text that direct your attention to events X000 years in the future, but about which Jesus was very worked up and very alarmed for those people listening to him X000 years ago.

The Lord Jesus was very worked up and alarmed? What, came to earth after an emergency cabinet meeting in heaven, the Father wringing His hands, in despair, not knowing where to go from there? The Bible is replete with future prophecy that reaches far into the future, including hundreds of such prophecies already fulfilled, prophecies of Jesus' first advent in the Old Testament, the crucifixion in Psalms 22, around 1,000 years before the event, hundreds of other examples.

Too many times, things you've posted are such that any fool, who knows anything about the faith, can simply take the negative of what you've claimed and, therein, find the truth. Statements such as yours are why message boards are a wasteland, no reason to communicate with somebody whose premise is error and deceptive, falls on its face, right out of the gate, even flies in the face of common sense and denigrates God. I'm tired of simply seeing all the lying idiocy and the parading trollfest of error, in the name of Christ. You should be seeking conversation in some forum that involves subject matter you actually know something about. You only insult yourself, insulting others' intelligence. Matthew 15:14.

Danoh

The Lord Jesus was very worked up and alarmed? What, came to earth after an emergency cabinet meeting in heaven, the Father wringing His hands, in despair, not knowing where to go from there? The Bible is replete with future prophecy that reaches far into the future, including hundreds of such prophecies already fulfilled, prophecies of Jesus' first advent in the Old Testament, the crucifixion in Psalms 22, around 1,000 years before the event, hundreds of other examples.

Too many times, things you've posted are such that any fool, who knows anything about the faith, can simply take the negative of what you've claimed and, therein, find the truth. Statements such as yours are why message boards are a wasteland, no reason to communicate with somebody whose premise is error and deceptive, falls on its face, right out of the gate, even flies in the face of common sense and denigrates God. I'm tired of simply seeing all the lying idiocy and the parading trollfest of error, in the name of Christ. You should be seeking conversation in some forum that involves subject matter you actually know something about. You only insult yourself, insulting others' intelligence. Matthew 15:14.

THIS witness...is true.

THIS witness...is true.

Thank you. I don't wish to be so strident, but it's offensive, the concept the Lord Jesus was very worked up and alarmed, so false. If the Lord Jesus was worked up, He was worked up over going to the cross in Gethsemane, but, bless His holy Name, fully knowing this His terrible work of salvation He would endure. If He was worked up, He was sad over the rejection and the pervasive waywardness and blindnes of man, but none of this, not one scintilla, surprising, nothing unexpected.

Matthew 24 is not a warning to put Him on the throne and how all Jews better become sweetness and light, or else, as if the Lord Jesus worked up and alarmed the Jews may not give Him the throne, when He prophesied, in no uncertain terms, the cross and His resurrection, we now clearly see, no surprises, no emergencies, all ordained, Old and New Testaments, from the very foundation of the world. Again, there's so very little discussion of truth around here, just one mud clod after another, added to the wall of ignorance and deception. If anything, the Lord Jesus was the picture of strength, focus and the stability of a rock, when He walked this earth as a man, Matthew 24 not a political speech where He was all worked up and alarmed that maybe everybody in Judea was not quite right. It's an offensive characterization of omniscient God, whose will is done to the letter, in the end, my God not all worked up and alarmed over anything, nor giving policy speeches, when He is, in fact, laying out the future that has no surprises, for Him. Any other claim is simply offensive to His majesty, period, as if not to mention how many people around here wouldn't know true eschatology if it hit them in the rear.

What sort of conversation is one to expect, with, again, somebody who's oblivious, right out of the gate, making ridiculous, offensive statements of no relationship to reality? Sometimes, you can find no truth to discuss here, and I can't see making a career of refuting incessant error and stupidity, can't see the sense of endless disputing, page after page, that goes on, any collective profit in it or the Christian morality of it. 1 Timothy 6:4-5. Philippians 2:12-16. And let's dare to call a spade a spade, that there are people here who are oblivious to a Holy Spirit understanding of the most basic, Sunday school truths, believe I've seen about everything of the fundamental gospel refuted here, and any grip on things more complex? Just forget about it.

Last edited:

Interplanner

You should be talking to D'ists because they are the ones who think a last minute thing was stuffed into history called the church. They are the ones who refuse to learn what 1st century conditions were like.

The line about getting worked up and the jetting off to X000 years in the future is my satire on D'ism.

No one is doubting distant future prophecy, but many OT items were about the Gospel event (the coming, life, death, res of Christ) some were about the destruction of Jerusalem like Jesus said there. But the intelligent question is why none are talked about as having to do with another round of Judaism (worship system, temple, city) and the 2nd coming. It never happens.

That's what people won't talk about but think they 'know' or 'rightly divide' the Bible.

Some bookkeeper back in the 1800s decided he was God's gift to the world and said, "hey, what's this? A line from Ps 83 that hasn't happened? Well, I'm going design a theology that takes care of that."--as though that was how the Lord used the OT! Not!

Praytel, how a person is totally settled with Acts 13's sermon has somehow missed the basics! Then, when I go to orient them with Acts 13, they think I'm speaking in Mandarin!

Interplanner

Thank you. I don't wish to be so strident, but it's offensive, the concept the Lord Jesus was very worked up and alarmed, so false. If the Lord Jesus was worked up, He was worked up over going to the cross in Gethsemane, but, bless His holy Name, fully knowing this His terrible work of salvation He would endure. If He was worked up, He was sad over the rejection and the pervasive waywardness and blindnes of man, but none of this, not one scintilla, surprising, nothing unexpected.

Matthew 24 is not a warning to put Him on the throne and how all Jews better become sweetness and light, or else, as if the Lord Jesus worked up and alarmed the Jews may not give Him the throne, when He prophesied, in no uncertain terms, the cross and His resurrection, we now clearly see, no surprises, no emergencies, all ordained, Old and New Testaments, from the very foundation of the world. Again, there's so very little discussion of truth around here, just one mud clod after another, added to the wall of ignorance and deception. If anything, the Lord Jesus was the picture of strength, focus and the stability of a rock, when He walked this earth as a man, Matthew 24 not a political speech where He was all worked up and alarmed that maybe everybody in Judea was not quite right. It's an offensive characterization of omniscient God, whose will is done to the letter, in the end, my God not all worked up and alarmed over anything, nor giving policy speeches, when He is, in fact, laying out the future that has no surprises, for Him. Any other claim is simply offensive to His majesty, period, as if not to mention how many people around here wouldn't know true eschatology if it hit them in the rear.

What sort of conversation is one to expect, with, again, somebody who's oblivious, right out of the gate, making ridiculous, offensive statements of no relationship to reality? Sometimes, you can find no truth to discuss here, and I can't see making a career of refuting incessant error and stupidity, can't see the sense of endless disputing, page after page, that goes on, any collective profit in it or the Christian morality of it. 1 Timothy 6:4-5. Philippians 2:12-16. And let's dare to call a spade a spade, that there are people here who are oblivious to a Holy Spirit understanding of the most basic, Sunday school truths, believe I've seen about everything of the fundamental gospel refuted here, and any grip on things more complex? Just forget about it.

That generation was infected with hoping a Davidic kingdom would happen. The depth of it is the reason the disciples are blindsided by the actual Gospel. They didn't know when the first heard it that THOSE two things would clash so sharply one day. (I've been in similar situations myself). But the depth of that belief instilled in them since kids is why they ask about the beautiful temple buildings in Mt24A, the right to sit on the right and left of Christ in other paragraphs, and why they still think there is a kingdom coming to Israel as such in Acts 1. They were children poking around for what they thought was truth, and they were corrected when they did.