ECT David, Mary, highly favored of God. How come?

Cross Reference

David . . . "Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob."
Acts 7:46 (KJV)

"And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Luke 1:28 (KJV)

The same can be said about David and other persons of the OT. So how come some hold fast to Romans 3:10 KJV ff which, by inference, would make such people as David and Mary, etal, disqualified for such favor.

Might I add that God doesn't create righteousness to be used of Him as opposed to the knowledge that He does create evil for His purposes to explain righteousness. cf King Saul with David.

Cross Reference

Paul's quote of David is used out of context with what David actually said and to whom David was referring.

When a statement is used out of context it is meaningless.

Now that would depend on what it was used for, don't you suppose? That said, what was Paul attempting to drive home for our understanding?

theophilus

Problem with that interpretation is God cannot go against His Holiness; Who He is. He would be doing so if He promoted unrighteousness. Point is: He can't, sovereignty notwithstanding.

"Consider my servant Job..."

"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."

Sticking with my original answer friend.

God can do anything He wants.

Cross Reference

"Consider my servant Job..."

Sticking with my original answer friend.

God can do anything He wants.

Job was righteous.

Enoch was righteous.

Since we are speaking of the "Character/Nature/ attributes of God, what part did I get wrong?

"But, "he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
Exodus 33:20 (ESV)

Now where do you want to go?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that would depend on what it was used for, don't you suppose? That said, what was Paul attempting to drive home for our understanding?

Paul said, "As it is written."

Paul's quote was in the context of as it is written and that's the way it should be understood.

theophilus

Job was righteous.

Enoch was righteous.

Since we are speaking of the "Character/Nature/ attributes of God, what part did I get wrong?

Maybe not wrong...

...we simply cannot limit God's sovereignty. It's His Universe and His divine choice as to whatever He wants to do. We cannot know the Mind of God.

He chose Judas for destruction and a virgin to bare His Son.

David was a man after His own Heart and Moses was His servant.

Abraham was His friend.

Isaiah was His mouth-piece.

We are His bond-slaves.

God does not limit His Holiness...sometimes He simply includes His creatures in it in ways we don't/can't understand (but we will someday...for now we see through a glass dimly).

:)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

God took Enoch to an undisclosed location to preserve his life and all the days of Enoch were 365 years. (Genesis 5:23 NKJV)

Enoch walked with God for 300 years after he begot Methuselah.

beloved57

cr

David, Mary, highly favored of God. How come?

Because like all who were chosen in Christ before the foundation, they were accepted in the beloved Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

That word accepted is the very same word used for unto mary, its the greek word charitoō and means:

I.to make graceful

A.charming, lovely, agreeable

II.to persue with grace, compass with favour

III.to honour with blessings

Its a Salvation Blessing, that both David and Mary and the rest of the Election of Grace partake of !