Crow's pick 9-26-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Originally posted by JackRUS
gregor4.
Tellme, are you a JW or possibly a Christadelphian?

To believe means to trust in Christ's finished work on the cross. It does not mean to keep the Law. Your mishmash of verses to defend your false doctrine of keeping the Law to establish one's own righteousness leads me to believe that you are a perfect fit for 1 Cor. 2:14.

And furthermore, one must believe that Jesus is God in order to be righteous (saved) in the Father's eyes. 1 Cor. 5:21

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth
not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

And He said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye
are of this world; I am not of this world.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye
believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before
Abraham was, I am. John 8:23-24,58 (Ex. 3:6,14)

But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said
unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you,
Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of
power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken
blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. Mt. 26:62-65

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. John 13:13 (Isa. 40:3).

In Psalm 93 it says that the LORD (Jehovah) is of old, from everlasting. Only God is not a created being with a fixed point in time to come into being. Every other living thing had a time-point in creation. In Micah 5:2 it states:

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the
thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me
that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

This verse is surely about Jesus (Mt. 2:5-6; John 7:42), and it claims that Jesus never had a beginning and is therefore God. Just as the Father said in Hebrews 1:8.

And as for your statement that Jesus is not God and only the son of God, tell me...do you have any children, and are any of them human?

Are you offended by this question? So is the Father when people don't glorify the Son even as they are to glorify the Father.

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to
receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor,
and glory, and blessing.
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Rev. 5:11-14

How is it then that Jesus is being worshiped in heaven if He is not God?

context:first: (I meant to award this on the 22nd, but forgot where I had seen it.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.