Crow's Pick 2/3/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

:thumb:POTD, Clete!:first:

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
Originally posted by elohiym

The law is spiritual. You totally miss that the law is spiritual.
You assume too much. I have missed nothing. Whether the law is spiritual or not is not the question at hand.

It is rediculous that you believe spirit is capitalized in the Greek, and try to use that as an argument.
I never said that it was "capitalized in the Greek". It's capitalized in the New King James though. How much do you want to bet that the guys who translated the NKJV know more about the Greek language than you do?

It is rediculous to suggest that three thousand men died because they kept the law. They broke the law. Those that kept it (ex. Joshua) lived.
Which post are you responding too? I never said, "three thousand men died because they kept the law", I never even suggested that. All I said was that one the very day that the law was given, God (via Moses) had some three thousand men killed and I don't believe that it is any small coincidence that the same phrase, "about three thousand" is used in Acts chapter 2 when the Spirit (yes that is with a capital S) was given.

Your comparison is sophmoric.
One thing I know for certain. You are a jackass.

The fulfillment of the law, what every verse in the law is based upon, is LOVE. Love is the spirit of the law.
So what? What does that have to do with the law being God?

The distinction is made between the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. The Bible draws this distinction in several places you have apparently missed. Too bad.
Saying it doesn't make it so. No such distinction is ever made in scripture. On the contrary, the Bible teaches repeatedly that you cannot follow the law, not with love or by faith or by any means whatsoever. You cannot follow the law, period; not the letter of the law or the intent of it (assuming for the sake of argument that there is a difference).

You seem to think that the law, as in words on a page, or how one uses those words, kills. That is rediculous, since it is God that kills the wicked, and it has always been so. Check your Bible.
You might feel good about yourself by assuming that others are stupid but you need to wake up out of your dream world and actually make arguments against what people actually believe. What is this, like the third or fourth time in a single post that you have attributed to me things which I have not said. Grow a brain or go away.

Resting in Him,
:Clete:

Context

Sozo

Re: Crow's Pick 2/3/05

Originally posted by Crow

:thumb:POTD, Clete!:first:

One thing I know for certain. You are a jackass.

That was my favorite part!

Status
Not open for further replies.