ECT Creation of Man

JosephR

there are many theory's...Apoc,, there is the Gap theory... there is also another one that states the way Gen 1 is written that states it is two different stories... the Jewish interpretation is Gen 1 is a summary and Gen 2 is the detailed version..

I usually agree with the Jewish interpretation, as they wrote it,and understand it best..

6days

ttruscott said:
6days said:
As I thought... you don't believe them, but think they require interpretation. In other words your opinion trumps what God says.*Statements of fact may be true or false... they don't require interpretation.

Parables....prophecy...evidence needs interpretation. Statements of fact require no interpretation.
* "For in six*days, God created...everything."
Evo spin: 'God meant billions of years'
So which*use of*yowm,*Exodus 20:11*is the statement of fact, please?

DAY: Strong's H3117 -*yowm

day, time, year*
day (as opposed to night)
day (24 hour period)
as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
as a division of time
a working day, a day's journey
days,*lifetime*(pl.)
time,*period (general)
year
temporal references
today
yesterday
tomorrow

No interpretation please - just the statement of fact as to which*
English word is to be used for*yowm*in*Exodus 20:11, eh?
It is actually very simple. No reinterpretation is needed. The Hebrew word 'yowm' is used the same way our English word 'day' is used with similar meanings. The word is understood by the context. For example....
'In my fathers day , it took 3 days to catch 50# of fish, when he fished only during the day' .
Test question... the word day is used 3 times in that sentence. Are you able to identify the 3 different meanings?*

I assume it is easy for you to recognize and understand 3 different meanings of the same word...all made clear by context.
Likewise, the Hebrew word for 'day' is easy to recognize and understand the different meanings by the context.

There are several exegetical methods to make sure we are understanding what 'yowm' is in Genesis 1. ( or Ex. 20). One method is to look for other places in scripture where a number is associated with the word *'yowm'. You will find 410 instances in scripture outside of Gen. 1.... and the context is always a normal solar day.*

Hebrew Scholar Answers*(who does not believe Genesis)
James Barr, Professor of Hebrew Bible at Vanderbilt University, former Regius Professor of Hebrew at Oxford.
"Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1-11*intended to convey to their readers the ideas that (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience; .. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the "days" of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know."