Could Christ have sinned?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Yet, He was fully human, and set aside His divinity to be with us.

Surf's up, Dude!

That's similar to what TOL's genuineoriginal said in this post:

Christ Jesus left heaven, stripped Himself of His divinity, and was born as a man.

I had been unaware that Jesus had the power to "strip Himself of His divinity", until genuineoriginal taught me that it was so. I asked genuineoriginal whether God the Father, also, has the power to "strip Himself of His divinity", just like genuineoriginal said Jesus had. I mean, surely genuineoriginal didn't really want to make Jesus out to be MORE POWERFUL than God the Father!? You know, I never got an answer. It was more like genuineoriginal had, just then, encountered some gnarly, heavy waves, and just had to bail. Guess genuineoriginal was just a barney, after all, eh?

But, what about you? Since you say that Jesus had the power to "set aside His divinity", would you say that God the Father, also, has the power to "set aside His [God the Father's] divinity"?

Also, since, as we learn from the Bible, Jesus is Immanuel (God with us), only a kook or, say, a quimby, could say that Jesus "set aside his divinity [His being God] to be with us." You, like every other anti-Christ, are making Jesus out to be not Immanuel, but, rather, a mere man with us.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
This is why He became fully human and yet fully God...

Do you not remember your having said, earlier:

Yet, He was fully human, and set aside His divinity to be with us.
????

Please, by all means, try to explain to us how He can BOTH have "set aside His divinity" AND be "yet fully God"!

Jesus is, indeed, FULLY GOD, as you seem to be admitting. However, he never, as you claim, "set aside His divinity".

Bradley D

If Jesus could not be tempted why did Satan try to tempt Him? I believe Christ's humanity made it possible for Him to understand what we are going through.

"The Biblical meaning of temptation is 'a trial in which man has a free choice of being faithful or unfaithful to God'. Satan encouraged Jesus to deviate from the plan of his father by misusing his authority and privileges. Jesus used the Holy Scripture to resist all such temptation" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temptation_of_Christ).

Matthew 4:1
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

I came across the view that Christians do not believe that Christ could have sinned and failed in his mission on earth. Well then how could he be 'tempted in the desert'? Was it all a charade or could Christ have sinned?

Repent of your BLASPHEMY. Yes, even entertaining such a thought is blasphemy. Temptation does not equal sin.

For we have not a high priest, who can not have compassion on our infirmities: but one tempted in all things like as we are, yet without sin. (Heb 4:15)

Last edited:

beloved57

[h=2]Could Christ have sinned?[/h]

No, Could He be tested or Tempted ? Yes Could He be enticed ? No because enticement denotes this James 1:14

14 [FONT=&quot]But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Now the Man Christ Jesus didnt have His Own Lust, so could not have been tempted in this regard.[/FONT]