CONFESSION UNTO SALVATION

DougE

10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10
I am of the opinion that the above verses are directed to Jews. Salvation for Israel was not in the law but faith in the risen Jesus.
In the following verse the topic is Israel's salvation.
10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. Romans 10:1
While Romans 10:9-10 may be good verses to use for salvation, technically, in Romans 10:1 it is evident Paul is dealing with Israel in this chapter and in those verses.
The following verses below are from Romans; Paul is speaking of the righteousness of faith in Jesus Christ;
10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:6-8
It can be seen that the above verses are related to the verses below from Deuteronomy, spoken to Israel.
30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. Deuteronomy 30:11-14
Confession of Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah, and the Son of God for Israel followed faith and trust in him. This is similar to what we find in Romans 10:10.
Below is what Jesus said of confession.
10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32
Many Jews believed on Jesus to eternal life but did not publicly confess him as Christ, the Son of God for fear.
9:22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue. John 9:22

12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: John 12:42
In 1 John we read that Israel is to confess Jesus as the Son of God.
4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
CONFESS-TO AGREE FULLY
I Jn 4:15
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
[Rom 10:8-10
[8] But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
[9] that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
[10] For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
I Jn 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
I Jn 4:2-3
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
Luke 12:8-9
8 "Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.
9 "But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.
Phil 2:9-11
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
Matt 16:13-18
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Matt 11:27-30
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
John 14:23-28
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)
XXX Confess means to agree fully. Jesus says He is not God and He is not the Father. But He has been appointed by God as Lord. If you dont know who Jesus is you cannot know who God is. If you cant agree with the milk understanding how will you ever be able to understand the meat understanding. Confess means to agree fully. To agree fully with Jesus is to accept the whole new testament. As the Word of God from Jesus.

John 5:26-27
26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 "and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
(NKJ)

John 6:65-66
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
(NKJ)
[1Jo 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10
I am of the opinion that the above verses are directed to Jews. Salvation for Israel was not in the law but faith in the risen Jesus.
In the following verse the topic is Israel's salvation.
10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. Romans 10:1
While Romans 10:9-10 may be good verses to use for salvation, technically, in Romans 10:1 it is evident Paul is dealing with Israel in this chapter and in those verses.
The following verses below are from Romans; Paul is speaking of the righteousness of faith in Jesus Christ;
10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:6-8
It can be seen that the above verses are related to the verses below from Deuteronomy, spoken to Israel.
30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. Deuteronomy 30:11-14
Confession of Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah, and the Son of God for Israel followed faith and trust in him. This is similar to what we find in Romans 10:10.
Below is what Jesus said of confession.
10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32
Many Jews believed on Jesus to eternal life but did not publicly confess him as Christ, the Son of God for fear.
9:22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue. John 9:22

12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: John 12:42
In 1 John we read that Israel is to confess Jesus as the Son of God.
4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15
Your confession must be validated as the truth.

Your obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ
is confirmation you are confessing in truth.