Catholic Church Losing Ground in Latin America

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Catholic Church Losing Ground in Latin America Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] :eek:linger: "In just one generation, Latin America has seen the number of people who identify themselves as Catholic plummet, with more people becoming Protestant or dropping religion altogether. The shift is dramatic for a region that has long been one of the bastions of Catholicism in the world. With more than 425 million Catholics, Latin America accounts for nearly 40% of the global Catholic population. Through the 1960s, at least 90% of Latin Americans were Catholic, and 84% of people surveyed recently by the Pew Research Center said they were raised Catholic. But a recent report found that only 69% of Latin Americans still consider themselves Catholic, with more people switching to more conservative Protestant churches (19%) or describing themselves as agnostic or religiously unaffiliated (8%)." Pro-Gospel.org

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
have you heard they are going to find peter's bones in baghdad?
and
the pope will move there
unite with islam
and
create the one world religion

you should be all over this

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
have you heard they are going to find peter's bones in baghdad?
and
the pope will move there
unite with islam
and
create the one world religion
you should be all over this
"How much for one rib?" ~
icon_afro.gif
Customer, I'm Gonna Get you Sucka

2014_6$largeimg203_Jun_2014_195351463.jpg

Last edited:

republicanchick

[69% of Latin Americans still consider themselves Catholic, with more people switching to more conservative Protestant churches (19%) or describing themselves as agnostic or religiously unaffiliated (8%)." Pro-Gospel.org

they will come back.. when they realize what they are missing (or... and/or when they study Church history and etc)

. Of course, every Catholic is different and not all have learned well what the Church has to teach and to offer

I wasn't catechized well (or at all, really) as a child/teen and so I studied the Faith some years ago, studied fairly extensively (still ongoing studying..).

I know the difference between catechized and uncatechized. There is a vast, an infinite difference

(which is why we humans, we mucky, sinful humans don't just desire but NEED The Church Christ established)

++

republicanchick

make sure they don't move them

I'm powerless. But I really doubt anyone is going to excavate and take the bones away esp to Bagdad.

Even so, I do wonder about the RCC (certain hierarchy therein that is, not the whole RCC) will one day join up with other "churches" and ... well, just whatever.

But there will always be that small remnant, as there was in the time of Moses and etc... who will keep the True Faith

Jesus promised that his Church would NOT fall to Satan (aka: human fraility)

++

republicanchick

I was outside th Catholic Church for years myself.. went to this "church" and that one.. But I came back. I came back when I saw... oh, just a lot of things. The Church has ways of helping people o/come... deceptions from the evil one(s), etc... South America will come back