Calling out Hartline

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechyld

allsmiles said:
how does this Hartline fella have any public fame/notoriety at all?

Granite, you mentioned the press... what does that mean?

I don't know about real-world press (outside of what he himself posts) but his name pops up on certain gay rights forums.

Mostly because he's well know as a self promoting troll who hangs around a board forum for a couple of months hurling insults and pimping his site, then moves on to another when no-one cares.

On Fire

I think James is one of the hardest working Christians on TOL. There's nothing wrong with exposing evil in the world. It would be different if he were making some kind of personal gain from it.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Funny how Granite -- "Annoying the majority since 2003" -- is basically saying James Hartline should be banned because he's annoying. :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
He's a self-righteous self-aggrandizing blowhard who doesn't take personal responsibility for screwing up his life. I think you just call that waste of skin but maybe there's a more diplomatic phrase that eludes me.

On Fire

You are guilty of the same thing. We all can be at times. But at least he's doing something about issues that concern him.

Go James!!!

firechyld

On Fire said:
I think James is one of the hardest working Christians on TOL. There's nothing wrong with exposing evil in the world. It would be different if he were making some kind of personal gain from it.

You really think he's in this for anything more than the pats on the back, and the reassurance that his problems aren't his own fault?

I think you need to redefine what you see as "personal gain".

Sozo

James is a fruitcake.

He uses alot of "Christian" cliches to defend himself, but deserves as much of our endosement for coming out against homos, as the Catholics do for standing against abortion.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
James is a fruitcake.

He uses alot of "Christian" cliches to defend himself, but deserves as much of our endosement for coming out against homos, as the Catholics do for standing against abortion.
Why do you say he's a fruitcake?

Status
Not open for further replies.