Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart Reports for Jury Duty

This is the show from Monday January 10th, 2011.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
I remember the female police sargent at the Planned Parenthood down at 20th and Vine who I got pretty mad at. Operation Rescue had a horse there and this young girl who was crying was pulled into this abortion clinic and it looked like she was 13 or 14 years old. And so we said to the policemen and this sargent, "Look, you guys have to go in there and talk. There's evidence this child was sexually assaulted by somebody. Somebody's got to go in there and talk to her." And this sargent not only refused, the horse was nibbling on the grass. And she said, "You know what? I'm going to give a ticket to this horse for eating city property." And I was enraged. And the cops who were there said, "Maybe we should go in and check." They were agreeing with us. They saw her go in. And I was just enraged at this woman for acting like she cared about the grass but not the young girl going in who was very possibly raped.

SUMMARY:

* Frosty the Snowman Arrested in Denver: Jo Scott of Pro-life Colorado and Bob talk about the Frosty Caper at the local Planned Parenthood abortion mill and Denver's catch and release program.

* God's Criminal Justice System: After being called for jury duty today, Bob describes some of the systemic failure of the U.S. criminal justice system. As Bob has said on air for twenty years, "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system." When our lawyers and judges say that we have the best system in the world, what they mean is that we have the highest paid judges and lawyers in the world. However, because America has among the highest rates of violent crime, murder, sexual assault, and incarceration, we have one of the worst systems in the world, that is, if results are used in the measurement of whether or not a system is good or bad. Bob also describes why the standard of proof "beyond a reasonable doubt" is an incorrect standard of justice, and what the threshold for conviction should be. Click below on the links to Bob Enyart's store to browse the KGOV Department of Government!

* Finally, a Comprehensive Listing: You're Invited to check out ARTL's March for Life Finder!

* FROSTY THE SNOW JOB: By Jamie Scofield, aka, the graphite. Sung to the tune of...

Frosty the Snow Job
was a Keystone Copper tale.
Yeah, they threatened Jo
...cuz she melted snow,
said she'd have to soon post bail...

Frosty the Snow Job
was an awful crime, they say.
Vandalizing snow
is a crime, you know,
while they kill more kids today.

. . O, there must have been
. . some sunshine on
. . that fence, said pastor Bob.
. . Cuz the cops then turned
. . around and saw that
. . the sun finished the job...

Ohhhhh...
Frosty the Snow Job
Cops were lying, plain to see
They don't care if kids'
murders are well hid
in the clinic's secrecy

Frosty the Snow Job
then they let Jo off the hook
Said they didn't care
about the murders in there
They wouldn't even look

Frosty the Snow Job
Cops were hurrying on their way
Didn't write her up
Tore the ticket up
But they'll be back... again... someday!

Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through the Department of Government in the KGOV Store? Check out especially our best-selling DVD on God and the Death Penalty titled The New Testament Support for Capital Punishment, and God's Criminal Justice System MP3 CD, instant download, or the GCJS printed syllabus!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to live in Castle Rock about 10 miles south of Denver.

Writing in frost--destroying public property? LOL! Their evidence melted.

I don't get proaborts. The proabort policewoman ticketing a horse for eating grass instead of investigating the girl? That is just plain stupid.

Our legal system is broken. It is the reason why we have such high crime rates. We should go back to the biblical standard of evidence. Two to three reliable pieces of evidence.

Wife beaters: :Lock em up and throw away the key.

Jukia

I used to live in Castle Rock about 10 miles south of Denver.

Writing in frost--destroying public property? LOL! Their evidence melted.

I don't get proaborts. The proabort policewoman ticketing a horse for eating grass instead of investigating the girl? That is just plain stupid.

Our legal system is broken. It is the reason why we have such high crime rates. We should go back to the biblical standard of evidence. Two to three reliable pieces of evidence.

Wife beaters: :Lock em up and throw away the key.

And how do we determine what those "reliable pieces of evidence are"? And just who gets to determine them?

Frayed Knot

I did not understand - at all - Bob's issue with the "reasonable doubt" standard of evidence that's used. That seems like such a "reasonable" standard to me.

If the standard were two or three reliable pieces of evidence, what if you have only one, but it's dead-certain? What is "reliable"? I certainly wouldn't want my freedom to hang on two or three pieces of somewhat-reliable evidence.

The standard as it now is sounds ideal to me: has the state proven its case, to a point that there is no reasonable way to doubt it? That's perfect!

Also, using a high crime rate as proof that our justice system is broken, is a non-sequitur. We could have a perfect justice system and still have a high crime rate. How does Bob get from point A to point B?

Granite

Hall of Fame
So Enyart trashes the system regularly, wants it replaced, thinks he's thought of a better way of doing things...and then he shows up for jury duty. Uh-huuuuuuuuuh.

Does he even believe in or support trials by jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.