Believing on His Name !

beloved57

John 1:12

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Calling on His Name is the same Acts 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Now this believing on His Name or calling on His Name is not merely academic, but its calling or recognizing who He is in the Salvation of His People. Peter says Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That Name is Jesus and His Name is associated with His Mission to save as revealed here Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His Name Jesus is associated with His Saving Power and Mission to Save His People from their sins. Not all people, but His own People or Sheep. Its limited atonement here, for Salvation in the Name of Jesus is for a specific people, and unless this confessed we have not scripturally believed on His Name ! To believe on a jesus that came to die for all mankind without exception and merely made Salvation possible, its not believing on the name of Jesus of Matt 1:21 or Jn 1:12 !

beloved57

We dont believe on Jesus Name if we dont believe the Divine Promise that He shall save His People from their sins. If we believe in a jesus that may or may not save someone contingent upon what that person does, then thats not believing on the Name of Jesus the scripture presents Matt 1:21

Nanja

We dont believe on Jesus Name if we dont believe the Divine Promise that He shall save His People from their sins. If we believe in a jesus that may or may not save someone contingent upon what that person does, then thats not believing on the Name of Jesus the scripture presents Matt 1:21

Amen to both parts!

This Divine Promise shall be revealed to every one of His People or Sheep He gave His Life for when they are made Spiritually Alive in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So Seeing Him, being delivered from spiritual blindness, precedes their Believing on His Name Gal. 5:22; Phil. 1:29 or calling upon His Name Ps. 80:18.

beloved57

Amen to both parts!

This Divine Promise shall be revealed to every one of His People or Sheep He gave His Life for when they are made Spiritually Alive in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So Seeing Him, being delivered from spiritual blindness, precedes their Believing on His Name Gal. 5:22; Phil. 1:29 or calling upon His Name Ps. 80:18.

Amen Sister Nanja.