BEL: Bob changes tactics re: Homo... 06-27-2003

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: BEL: Bob changes tactics re: Homo... 06-27-2003

Re: Re: BEL: Bob changes tactics re: Homo... 06-27-2003

Originally posted by ebenz47037
Knight, I got a "not found" message on that one.
Yea... me too.

Its that way on the KGOV site as well.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not a problem. I like listening to him. I'll miss it tonight.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Link is fixed; homosexual problem is not...

Link is fixed; homosexual problem is not...

Sorry guys, the link is now fixed from KGOV. Yes, I've decided to change my tactic when talking about homosexuals. -Bob

john724

What's the rationale for the change?

What's the rationale for the change?

I listened to the show but couldn't find a clear rationale given for the change in tactic. Is it that:

- Bob gives up on homos
- Bob gives into political correctness
- There are more important topics

???

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
john724:

John, I'm confused about your confusion. I thought the reason was given directly. If you'd like, you can indicate the reason you heard, and (if I see this thread again), I'll be happy (or one of the other listeners possibly), to comment. -Bob

john724

Based on listening again, I'd say that the change in tactic was because:

It didn't generate enough momentum to be effective.

Bob compared his "over the top" approach to homosexuality with the abortion/Operation Rescue effort.

As Bob expressed, Operation Rescue lost effectiveness due to Christians being unwilling to risk the increasing likelihood they would spend years in jail for blocking access to murder clinics.

However, there is as of yet no such risk for Christians (at least in the US). The Supreme Court's supreme mistake (just another actually) should embolden Christians to be more "over the top" now that it's a frequent national news item. It's on people's radar screens. Homo-related news is on TV everyday and there's somewhat of backlash building. The unwashed masses are beginning to recognize that homos won't just go away (or stay in the closet) and that homos are beginning to infringe upon they're rights, viewing habits, ability to hold their lunch, etc.

Maybe Bob needs another H-free month to renew his energy on this issue.

BTW: Does this mean no more gay-away or dyke-off?

Coming soon: NoMoreHomos.com

some other dude

It's a dead link again, but it got me wondering. Given the unprecedented integration of things homosexual into our culture in the past eight years, what are Bob's thoughts on this today?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rebuke in the presense of all so others may fear. Rebuke sharply so they may be sound in the faith. I can't see what would be different.