Armageddon or Harmagedon: Revelations 16:16

CherubRam

Armageddon or Harmagedon: Revelations 16:16. "and in the Hebrew language it is called Armageddon."

There is no word "Armageddon" in the Hebrew language; the word Armageddon is a contraction and mistranslation for the words,"Mount of the Congregation Zion".

Ar / ma / ged / don. Also: Har / ma / ged / on.

Har / edah / siyyon.
Har: Mount or Mountain.
Edah or Mowed: Assembly, Community or Congregation.
Siyyon: Zion.

Revelations 16:13-16. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and that beast, and out of the mouth of a false prophet.
14. For they have evil spirits, working miracles for the rulers of the earth and the whole world, to gather them togather to do battle against God Almighty on that great day.
15. Watch, I come like a thief. Blessed is he that keeps watch, and keeps his cloths, or else he will walk naked, and people will see his shame.
16. And they gathered them together to that place, and in the Hebrew language it is called; Mount of the Congregation Zion.

Isaiah 29:8. So will it be with the hordes of all the nations that fight against Mount Zion.

Proverbs 9:1. Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars.

Revelations 3:12. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.

Zechariah 3:9. There are seven eyes on that one stone,...

Zechariah 4:10. These seven are the eyes of the lord,...

Revelations 5:6. He had seven horns and seven eyes,...

Daniel 12:3. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars...

Revelations 1:20. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lamps is this: The seven stars are the angels (messengers of God) of the seven churches, (congregations)...

Zechariah 3:8. Listen O high priest of (Joshua / Yahshua) and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come; I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. (Yahshua)

And so, where are they? Who are these seven different churches [congregations] and the seven messengers? When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

It is a presumption by some scholars, and not a fact, that Megiddo is a battlefield described in the Bible, in relationship to Revelation 16:16, as a place of a predicted final struggle between good and evil. Some believe that the name may be taken from that of the battlefield of Megiddo valley. See Judges 5:19.

The word "Megiddo" appears in scripture twelve times, and never with the word "Har" for (Mount) in front of it. The word "Megiddon" is a King James translation in the Old Testament only; and in Revelation 16:16, the King James uses the word spelling "Armageddon". The Valley of Megiddo and Armageddon have no biblical relationship.

King James Version: Zechariah 12:9-11.
9. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me / him whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as (Like) the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zion is not only the faithful in Israel and the world, but it is also a city in the last days according to scripture.
There is a great deal of scripture to support what I claim, with the word "Zion." However, there is no scripture to support that the valley of Megiddo is a gathering place for Zion.

JosephR

And so, where are they? Who are these seven different churches [congregations] and the seven messengers? When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

do you think He is not here now? You think He will see anything new?Is He blinded?

CherubRam

do you think He is not here now? You think He will see anything new?Is He blinded?
Not physically yet. This thread is about the seven congregations of the last days. Mt of the congregation Zion
Revelation 1:19-20.
“Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. The mystery of the Seven Stars that you saw in my right hand and of the Seven Golden Lampsticks is this: The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.

JosephR

Not physically yet. This thread is about the seven congregations of the last days. Mt of the congregation Zion
Revelation 1:19-20.
“Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. The mystery of the Seven Stars that you saw in my right hand and of the Seven Golden Lampsticks is this: The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.

well you seemed to put it as tho when He returns He will see new things He has not seen before....

but to your OP I apologize, I have nothing to add... the future dont concern me much...sorry to derail.

CherubRam

Jeremiah 30:17

But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’

rstrats

CherubRam,
re: "Armageddon or Harmagedon: Revelations 16:16."

Any particular reason for adding an "s" at the end of Revelation?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A goof on my part. I keep thinking that the word should be a plural.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ is about the biblical Day of the Lord. The Revelation was sent by Jesus' angel to his servant John.

John said, "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet..."

CherubRam

Isaiah 18:7
At that time gifts will be brought to the Lord Almighty from a people tall and smooth-skinned, from a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers— the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, to a place named for (the Lord / Yahwah) Almighty.