ECT ARE YOU DEAD ??

DAN P

Hi to all and there will always be and argument as to " are you dead " or are you alive ?

In Rom 6:1 says , " Shall we say " is a verb in the FUTURE TENSE and Active Voice and Indicative Mood of FACT of what is written !!

The next verb is also in the FUTURE TENSE , and in the ACTICE VOICE and in the Indicative Mood of FACT !!

The third verb " may abound " is in the s Aorist tense , Active Voice , but in the Subjective Mood which means that GRACE will not always abound to take care of sin in the DISPENSATION of GRACE because we will be taken up to be with Christ !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that it is God PRODUCING the action !!

Looks LIKE OSAS !!

iT also means that since the Body is dead to sin as recorded in Rom 6:2 and that means sin HAS no more control over believers !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been crucified with Christ. When I was baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit, I was crucified into his death. Therefore, I am dead to sin. And the best part is, I am raised up with him, alive forever. Since that is what everlasting life means.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all and there will always be and argument as to " are you dead " or are you alive ?

In Rom 6:1 says , " Shall we say " is a verb in the FUTURE TENSE and Active Voice and Indicative Mood of FACT of what is written !!

The next verb is also in the FUTURE TENSE , and in the ACTICE VOICE and in the Indicative Mood of FACT !!

The third verb " may abound " is in the s Aorist tense , Active Voice , but in the Subjective Mood which means that GRACE will not always abound to take care of sin in the DISPENSATION of GRACE because we will be taken up to be with Christ !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that it is God PRODUCING the action !!

Looks LIKE OSAS !!

iT also means that since the Body is dead to sin as recorded in Rom 6:2 and that means sin HAS no more control over believers !!

dan p

I'm dead and you're dead too !!

Danoh

6:1's "that grace might abound" is a reference to the issue of the POTENTIAL for the abuse of Grace.

It is in light of the fact of the following free gift...

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is in light of that, that Paul asks...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Thus, the subjunctive mood...

In other words, just because God responded in grace when that was not what man deserved...

Just because grace risks abuse...

Should the Believer abuse it just because God responds in grace because grace is what His Son's sacrifice has made possible?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
6:1's "that grace might abound" is a reference to the issue of the POTENTIAL for the abuse of Grace.

Not wise to
elvis.gif
sin presumptuously (Ps. 19:13). :dizzy:

DAN P

It is in light of the fact of the following free gift...

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is in light of that, that Paul asks...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Thus, the subjunctive mood...

In other words, just because God responded in grace when that was not what man deserved...

Just because grace risks abuse...

Should the Believer abuse it just because God responds in grace because grace is what His Son's sacrifice has made possible?

Hi and it is a big difference to be SAVED by Grace and the blood that was shed and a BIG DIFFERENCE being dead in the flesh and having the INDWELLING Holy Spirit , the NEW MAN at the same time !!

dan p

Danoh

Not wise to
elvis.gif
sin presumptuously (Ps. 19:13). :dizzy:

Right now that great quote by Dave Havard that Musterion quotes would be just right...

Consider that although you often assert Dispensational distinctions, apparantly, you have failed to note that Psalm is a confession under the Law.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

He was acknowledging his inability under the Law.

In contrast, such is not the case under Grace.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

We can't just go by a passage just becuase it appears to make sense to us.

The question we must always ask is "in light of what, is it that this, or that, that I am concluding making sense?"

In short, we need to check what we are basing what makes sense to us on.

This is what we MADs mean by "All Scripture, in light of Romans thru Philemon," 2 Tim. 3:16-17, in light of 2 Tim. 2:15.

The best to you as to clarity on this :)

Danoh

Hi and it is a big difference to be SAVED by Grace and the blood that was shed and a BIG DIFFERENCE being dead in the flesh and having the INDWELLING Holy Spirit , the NEW MAN at the same time !!

dan p

Hi DP, hope you're in good health, dear brother :)

DAN P

Right now that great quote by Dave Havard that Musterion quotes would be just right...

Consider that although you often assert Dispensational distinctions, apparantly, you have failed to note that Psalm is a confession under the Law.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

He was acknowledging his inability under the Law.

In contrast, such is not the case under Grace.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

We can't just go by a passage just becuase it appears to make sense to us.

The question we must always ask is "in light of what, is it that this, or that, that I am concluding making sense?"

In short, we need to check what we are basing what makes sense to us on.

This is what we MADs mean by "All Scripture, in light of Romans thru Philemon," 2 Tim. 3:16-17, in light of 2 Tim. 2:15.

The best to you as to clarity on this :)

Hi and I am clear as to what I wrote !!

If you are saying I am not clear , so then explain what the verbs and the ACTIVE VOICE means !!

dan p