Apathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Split from this thread-Nineveh

paulpeterson83 said:
Thank you Robin, its been fixed. Spelling as I have always said, isnt one of my strongest points. But thank you none the less.

psssssssssssssssssst use a dictionary :)

Got Firefox?

Last edited:

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
psssssssssssssssssst use a dictionary :)

Got Firefox?

I do, I missed one. Sorry if I personally offended you in any way shape or form by misspelling a single word. You have so much time on your hands, dont you have a homo to bash or something?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
I do, I missed one. Sorry if I personally offended you in any way shape or form by misspelling a single word. You have so much time on your hands, dont you have a homo to bash or something?

Look, there is a difference 'tween [mispelling] misspelling [takes the time to look up the correct spelling and fixes mistake to set a good example] and just being lazy. How long are you going to use that same excuse, "Spelling as I have always said, isnt one of my strongest points."? It's one thing to be apathetic toward other people, but toward yourself? C'mon, paul, at least aim higher for yourself. :) It's not that hard, really. You can recover from public school. Many have :)

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Look, there is a difference 'tween [mispelling] misspelling [takes the time to look up the correct spelling and fixes mistake to set a good example] and just being lazy. How long are you going to use that same excuse, "Spelling as I have always said, isnt one of my strongest points."? It's one thing to be apathetic toward other people, but toward yourself? C'mon, paul, at least aim higher for yourself. :) It's not that hard, really. You can recover from public school. Many have :)

Sorry, didnt go to a public school, I went to a privet christian school through highschool, and was home schooled before that. And as far as being apathetic towards myself, I've already told you my spelling has made leaps and bounds, and is much better then it used to be. I try and improve, but, it takes time and effort. And, your the last person I need to prove anything to, and frankly, I dont really care what you think of my spelling. Like I said, its never been one of my strong points.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
Sorry, didnt go to a public school, I went to a privet

spell check

christian

Is capitalized, like all other proper nouns.

school through highschool, and was home schooled before that. And as far as being apathetic towards myself,

It's obvious you were then, and you are now. No one can force you to use proper English, no one can force you to use a spell check.

I've already told you my spelling has made leaps and bounds, and is much better then it used to be.

than.

I am a rotten speller. Always have been. Know what though? I care about the person who is trying to read what I type and the thoughts I want to express enough to use the Firefox dictionary and dictionary I have pointed out to you.

I try and improve, but, it takes time and effort.

*~BINGO!

And, your the last person I need to prove anything to, and frankly, I dont really care what you think of my spelling. Like I said, its never been one of my strong points.

No, you don't need to "prove" anything to me. I never asked you to. Perhaps you don't know why I keep pointing your apathy out to you. It's not to my benefit, paul, it's to yours. If you want to present yourself to others as semi-illiterate, that's your choice.

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
spell check

Which word?

Is capitalized, like all other proper nouns.

To me, christian, is lower case. I dont consider it proper.

It's obvious you were then, and you are now. No one can force you to use proper English, no one can force you to use a spell check.

Then shut up.

Then.

I am a rotten speller. Always have been. Know what though? I care about the person who is trying to read what I type and the thoughts I want to express enough to use the Firefox dictionary and dictionary I have pointed out to you.

I must not care very much about you then. And as I've said before, I do type at around 75 words per minuet. Ones bound to slip through every once and while.

I WON!!! WOOOOHOOO!

No, you don't need to "prove" anything to me.

Good, we're agreed.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
Which word?

Are you really that lazy? Or did you really attend classes at a shrub?

To me, christian, is lower case. I dont consider it proper.

You hold Christ to the same low standard you hold yourself, so it's no wonder.

Then shut up.

:crackup:

:p : SINGS : You CAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaan't make me! : / SINGS : :p

"much better then it used to be."

than: Used after a comparative adjective or adverb to introduce the second element or clause of an unequal comparison: She is a better athlete than I.

You claim you are a better speller than you used to be.

then: At that time: I was still in school then. Come at noon; I'll be ready then.

Maybe when you become less apathetic, then you will proofread and spellcheck.

I must not care very much about you then.

You show the same regard to everyone you show to yourself. None. So your attempt to make me feel special didn't work.

And as I've said before, I do type at around 75 words per minuet.

Spell check

Or did you really mean you can only pound out 75 words per dance?

Ones bound to slip through every once and while.

Quantity must outweight quality. A monkey could probably type even faster. And make about as much sense.

I WON!!! WOOOOHOOO!

Yep, you spell like the semi-literate you want people to see you as :)

Good, we're agreed.

That you are the poster child for apathy?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aw great, now Nin's Miss Manners, a stone thrower, and a spell checker.

This is like being stuck with a Christian English teacher for eternity.

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Are you really that lazy? Or did you really attend classes at a shrub?

Your going to have to take up my education with the teachers your god ordained me to have.

You hold Christ to the same low standard you hold yourself, so it's no wonder.

Well he was human. Why should I hold a human to a higher standard of myself. Your also taking for granted that I think he existed at all.

:p : SINGS : You CAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaan't make me! : / SINGS : :p

Well duh. Just like you trying to bust my balls by correcting my spelling is so funny to me.

"much better then it used to be."

than: Used after a comparative adjective or adverb to introduce the second element or clause of an unequal comparison: She is a better athlete than I.

You claim you are a better speller than you used to be.

then: At that time: I was still in school then. Come at noon; I'll be ready then.

Maybe when you become less apathetic, then you will proofread and spellcheck.

Wow, you must think these silly little posted mean a bloody thing to me at all. This is something that I do when I have nothing better to do. You'll notice that I havent been on of late. Thats because the weather has been beautiful and there is a ton of yard work to be done. So, if my posts arent gramatically correct, or pressed out to a "T" its because I really dont care that much about the totally correct gramar. But, I do what most people do, and put in what sounds right in our heads.

You show the same regard to everyone you show to yourself. None. So your attempt to make me feel special didn't work.

What ever.

Spell check

What? Quote what you want checked and I'll do it. I'm not going to go word hunting for you.

Or did you really mean you can only pound out 75 words per dance?

What are you talking about? There are well over 75 in most of the posts I make. What a dumb thing to say.

Quantity must outweight quality. A monkey could probably type even faster. And make about as much sense.

Wow. A monkey. Can he smoke and wear a funny hat at the same time? I would have a type off against that monkey. He would be a worthy foe. And he would probably make as much sense as a christian with a copy of "Left Behind".

Yep, you spell like the semi-literate you want people to see you as :)

Hmm, your the only person who ever complains about my spelling on a regular. Every one else can understand me just fine.

That you are the poster child for apathy?

Yeah, thats exactly it Nin. Thats exactly what I was talking about.

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
Your going to have to take up my education with the teachers your god ordained me to have.

You'll have to take that up with a calvie. Your laziness is just you.

Well he was human. Why should I hold a human to a higher standard of myself. Your also taking for granted that I think he existed at all.

I don't have any clue what "higher standard of myself" means. Try English.

Well duh. Just like you trying to bust my balls by correcting my spelling is so funny to me.

Wow! Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Do you need to have APATHY bolded for you or something? You are so apathetic you don't even care if you appear semi-literate. Your laziness with the English language is merely a symptom of your disease.

Wow, you must think these silly little posted mean a bloody thing to me at all.

:shocked: You mean you are apathetic?! Say it ain't so!

This is something that I do when I have nothing better to do.

Like practicing your use of English?

You'll notice that I havent been on of late. Thats because the weather has been beautiful and there is a ton of yard work to be done.

Oh, that's good. And here I thought it was because you take such poundings when you post :)

So, if my posts arent gramatically correct, or pressed out to a "T" its because I really dont care that much about the totally correct gramar.

...or spelling.....or yourself.... or posting at TOL ...or.....

But, I do what most people do, and put in what sounds right in our heads.

No, most people try to present their ideas in a legible form.

What ever.

Sorry your dart missed :)

What? Quote what you want checked and I'll do it. I'm not going to go word hunting for you.

: laughing :

Right, I'm going to spell check all your posts for you because you care so very deeply. Geewiz lazy bottom, I gave you a link to Firefox dictionary. Try using it once in a while.

What are you talking about? There are well over 75 in most of the posts I make. What a dumb thing to say.

No, the dumb thing to say was, "And as I've said before, I do type at around 75 words per minuet."

Wow. A monkey. Can he smoke and wear a funny hat at the same time? I would have a type off against that monkey. He would be a worthy foe.

Again we agree :) Twice in the same thread even!

Hmm, your

I think you meant "you are". Right? That would be "you're". It's a contraction. But I've also noticed you fear the apostrophe key.

the only person who ever complains about my spelling on a regular. Every one else can understand me just fine.

It isn't them who looks semi-literate, now is it?

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
You'll have to take that up with a calvie. Your laziness is just you.

Thats your opionion, and you're intitled to it.

I don't have any clue what "higher standard of myself" means. Try English.

I do appologize. I meant to say "a higher standard then myself". I do appologize.

Wow! Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Do you need to have APATHY bolded for you or something? You are so apathetic you don't even care if you appear semi-literate. Your laziness with the English language is merely a symptom of your disease.

No, I know what it means. The question you have to ask your self is do I really care that I'm apathetic? Did it ever cross your mind that I'm just apathetic and I dont care. I've told you time and time again I dont care. Thats about all I've said. You think that calling me apathetic hurts my feelings in some way, or that its a bad thing to me. I am apathetic. I happens. I'll live, so will every one else around me. One person not caring isnt going to end the world. I'm an apathetic, disillusioned, economic pesimistic, ex-christian. And I really dont care.

:shocked: You mean you are apathetic?! Say it ain't so!

Duh. Thats kind of what I've been saying.

Like practicing your use of English?

I could if I wanted to.

Oh, that's good. And here I thought it was because you take such poundings when you post :)

Nope, nice of you to think so. I just have a ton of work to do.

...or spelling.....or yourself.... or posting at TOL ...or.....

Well, I have been working on the spelling, as far as myself, I take okay care of the space suit I've been given. And no, the posting on TOL, not at the top of the list.

No, most people try to present their ideas in a legible form.

What exactly did you expect as a retort to that? Nothing, something else. I've noticed that conversations on TOL are more like races to try and get the last word. You should really work on trying to have a conversation and not just trying to end the conversation.

Sorry your dart missed :)

What ever.

: laughing :

Right, I'm going to spell check all your posts for you because you care so very deeply. Geewiz lazy bottom, I gave you a link to Firefox dictionary. Try using it once in a while.

I figured you've been doing such a bang up job as a secretary you would mind doing it some more, so...

No, the dumb thing to say was, "And as I've said before, I do type at around 75 words per minuet."

Yeah, another slipped by me. It should be minute. The reason I spelled it like that is because in my head minute and minuet just sat next to eachthoer and I picked the wrong one. So sue me.

Again we agree :) Twice in the same thread even!

I know, that monkey sounds awesome. To bad he couldnt talk and say funny things. Or kick box. That would be cool to.

I think you meant "you are". Right? That would be "you're". It's a contraction. But I've also noticed you fear the apostrophe key.

No, just put in whats fastest to write. Thats all.

It isn't them who looks semi-literate, now is it?

That wasnt the point. Have you noticed that I only miss a word here and there. You really have to be nit picking to find mistakes. That just tells me that you have either way to much time on your hands, or you care so much about how I look.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
Thats your opionion, and you're intitled to it.

You mean it really is beyond your ability to look up the word "opinion" in a dictionary so you could spell it right just once?

I do appologize. I meant to say "a higher standard then myself". I do appologize.

Getting closer, but "then" is a when not a comparison. We covered this :)

No, I know what it means. The question you have to ask your self is do I really care that I'm apathetic? Did it ever cross your mind that I'm just apathetic and I dont care.

Absolutely brilliant!

You dazzle!

I've told you time and time again I dont care. Thats about all I've said. You think that calling me apathetic hurts my feelings in some way, or that its a bad thing to me. I am apathetic. I happens. I'll live, so will every one else around me. One person not caring isnt going to end the world. I'm an apathetic, disillusioned, economic pesimistic, ex-christian. And I really dont care.

Ok, so you like being lazy. It's epidemic.

Duh. Thats kind of what I've been saying.

Well...

Ok.

Who am I to try to get you to care about yourself? I'm sorry you are apathetic to the degree you cherish looking semi-literate. If you don't care what you have to say, you won't be shocked when others lose interest as well.

That wasnt the point.

No, it wasn't. You should have thought about what I said before you went on to reply. But as you stated, you are proud to be apthetic. No reason why you shouldn't expect others to support your efforts in setting such low standards for yourself.

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
You mean it really is beyond your ability to look up the word "opinion" in a dictionary so you could spell it right just once?

I'll get right on that.

Getting closer, but "then" is a when not a comparison. We covered this :)

Once again, dont really care.

Absolutely brilliant!

You dazzle!

Why thank you.

Never said that. I just said I dont care.

Well...

Ok.

Who am I to try to get you to care about yourself? I'm sorry you are apathetic to the degree you cherish looking semi-literate. If you don't care what you have to say, you won't be shocked when others lose interest as well.

I dunno, but you keep trying. I need some one to have a good chuckel about during the day.

No, it wasn't. You should have thought about what I said before you went on to reply. But as you stated, you are proud to be apthetic. No reason why you shouldn't expect others to support your efforts in setting such low standards for yourself.

What ever Nin. I'm a 23 year old living in New Hampshire. The president is a moron, another world wide pandemic is on the cusp of over taking the whole of the planet, and we're mired down in a war with no fore see able end. I'm unemployeed in a really crappy job market, and my savings are dwindling. Now, with the rest of the word going to hell around me do you really think I have a ton of reasons for being upbeat and happy? If anything, I've earned a little bout of the "I dont give a flying --". Then again, I'm still young and have plenty of time to turn things around. So. There is that.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
paulpeterson83 said:
What ever Nin. I'm a 23 year old

:shocked:

You should be ashamed of yourself. At your age lacking basic skills and not even caring.

The president is a moron, another world wide pandemic is on the cusp of over taking the whole of the planet, and we're mired down in a war with no fore see able end.

So? What do you care?

I'm unemployeed in a really crappy job market, and my savings are dwindling.

You are young. What keeps you in your less than favorable job market? ( And your employment status might make a change for the better if you actually cared. )

Now, with the rest of the word going to hell around me do you really think I have a ton of reasons for being upbeat and happy?

Is that what you think I have been talking to you about? I thought we understood we were talking about you being apathetic. You can't have "happy" and "upbeat" when you don't care.

I grew up during the cold war. I remember society trying to instill the fear of a nuke war because of that "imbecile" prez Regan. It's sad lib-ism got to you. But I recovered from the panic filled liberal mindset. You can, too.

If anything, I've earned a little bout of the "I dont give a flying --". Then again, I'm still young and have plenty of time to turn things around. So. There is that.

When you gunna start? 25? 30? Quit wasting the best years of your life. You have a long time yet to regret it.

ShadowMaid

Nineveh said:

Websters New World Dictionary.

Lazy: 1. Not eager or willing to work or to exert oneself. 2. Sluggish.

Thesaurus: Idle, loafing, dallying, careless, indifferent, neglectful, passive, slothful.

paulpeterson83 said:
Never said that. I just said I dont care.

Wait... isn't that what Nineveh just said?

Status
Not open for further replies.