All Things Are Lawful For Me

Jerry Shugart

What did the Apostle Paul mean when he wrote the following?:

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any"
(1 Cor.6:12).​

"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" (1 Cor.10:23).​

This can only be explained by what Paul said here:

"For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believeth"
(Ro.10:4).​

Paul repeatedly used the words "free" and "liberty" when referring to the fact that those in the Body of Christ have been set free from law:

"And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage" (Gal.2:4).​

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal.5:1).​

In fact, Paul charged the Galatians not to use the liberty as a base of operations for sin:

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another"
(Gal.5:13).​

That practically mirrors the words of Peter found in his first epistle:

"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God" (1 Pet.2:16).​

This is the basic teaching about the "grace" by which believers are saved:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph.2:8-9).​

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt"​
(Ro.4:4).​

Praise the Lord!

Last edited:

knh777

BANNED
Banned
Hmm If you are sealed with His Spirit you can greive the Spirit.
I do not think the Spirit will fill you unless you are one He knows would be sealed by His Spirit for redemption.
Once you are sealed you are in His hand and no one can pluck you out. BUT, you may be let loose for the destruction of flesh that your soul might be save. One who remains in stubbornness in that state and then crucifies Christ twice is in a sad state. If its possible it would be as Judas.

The Holy Spirit seals, He is faithful to complete His work.

We need to call many to put on the Mind of Christ.

I refer to the rapture as "the first seating."

God has shown me there are two seatings.

Those not killed by war and bombs may be presented with a very short time to be saved through not bowing to the antichrist regime through martyrdom. Bible calls it destruction of flesh as a discipline of the Lord on the "Day of the Lord"

Those left behind will be those who were deceived by the world views that are steeped in the spirit of antichrist.

For America that would have a high concentration in special interest groups as example, as in black lives matter, which is vengeance and bitter roots of bitterness, unforgiveness, covetousness and many attitudes of the heart that are antichrist attitudes.

There are many other deceptions, like that.

Each is steeped in antichrist spirit. Yet somehow embraced without the sheep recognizing it is not Christ. These deceptions are warned of in Matt 24 and many other scriptures.

Many wont have an opportunity to recant. But many will. This is the great multitude found in Revelation who come out of the "Great Tribulation"

When His wrath is poured out it will be as if YHWY is drunk with blood. The destruction will be complete. This present darkness will be replaced. And all the wicked will be removed, from the greatest of them to the least.

The multitude will be purged through His consuming fire as children discipled by the Lord.

These disobedient children must be purged through the harsh discipline of the Lord. "The destruction of their flesh on the Day of the Lord" in order to be purged of their divided heart.

Friendship with the world, making them enemies of God. Prodigal sons eating pigs food. Deceived they chose teachers who have tickled their ears, and they chose dual citizenship of two kingdoms. Which cannot be! Many the Lord will vomit. Some He will purge.

These disobedient children need get to the point where they recognize the deception so when the mask comes off and they see it for what it is, they fall down in flesh to never be deceived by the antichrist kingdom of the world again!

Work out your Salvation with fear and trembling.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

Once you are sealed you are in His hand and no one can pluck you out.

That is right!

Those who believe the gospel have already been given eternal life (1Jn.5:11) and this is what the Lord Jesus says about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

The Lord also said:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out"
(Jn.6:37).​

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What did the Apostle Paul mean when he wrote the following?:

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any"
(1 Cor.6:12).​

"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" (1 Cor.10:23).​

The law Paul is referring to is the obsolete Law of Moses. When Jesus Christ bought the church he changed the law.

knh777

BANNED
Banned
I would preface this with sealed with the Spirit. Its a complete work of the cross, even if weak in flesh.

A sinners prayer chant is a false security if one hasn't truly had the work of the cross in their lives resulting in being born again.

knh777

BANNED
Banned
The law Paul is referring to is the obsolete Law of Moses. When Jesus Christ bought the church he changed the law.
No He didn't. He had it fulfilled in love.
Its actually greater righteousness than the law could work in us.

You need to under stand God as legal and judge to understand the law and see Him in it as sitting on the mercy seat

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:4).​

The word "end" is the Greek telos, which means goal.

1 Timothy 1:5 KJV Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned...

The word "end" is the Greek telos, which means goal.

1 Timothy 1:5 NASB But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

knh777

BANNED
Banned
The law of love fulfills the law
So where the law says eye for eye Jesus brings us above the law not under it. So we walk in the Spirit above sin working in us under this temporal carton which is under the law. We are not slaves driven by the flesh under the works of the flesh. You can say we are "above the law" "We tread upon serpents" The serpent is the warden of the dust, which he sits on its belly.

As flesh is under the serpent under the law. Christ raises us to walk in the Spirit not in the flesh. So we tread on the serpent when we walk in the Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

No,it is referring to the Ten Commandments for the Jews and for the Gentile it is referring to this:

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Ro.2:14-15).

The Gentiles were never under "the Law" of Moses so it couldn't be said of them that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

One has to be under the Law before Christ can be the "end" of the law for righteousness.

Last edited:

Zeke

Where are all those on this forum who say that if a Christians breaks God's law then he will lose his salvation?

Yet where does God resident? the egocentric nature focuses on the letter as exoteric secular history when it is esoteric/allegorical in context 2Cor 3:6, Galatians 4:24, Luke 17:20-21, 1Cor 13:13, the more excellent way has no exclusive dogma except Divine love that covers all things.

Jerry Shugart

Yet where does God resident? the egocentric nature focuses on the letter as exoteric secular history when it is esoteric/allegorical in context 2Cor 3:6, Galatians 4:24, Luke 17:20-21, 1Cor 13:13, the more excellent way has no exclusive dogma except Divine love that covers all things.

I really do not understand what you are saying.

Could you please break it down so that I can understand it?

Thanks!.

Jerry Shugart

No He didn't. He had it fulfilled in love.
Its actually greater righteousness than the law could work in us.

Here Paul speaks of a "righteousness which is of God" which comes to a person by his "faith":

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil.3:9).​

That is the same thing Paul said here when he writes of the grace of God:

"But now the righteousness of God without law is made known, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus"
(Ro.3:21-24).​

The believer's righteousness is not based on his own works of law but instead he receives the righteousness which is of God.

Here Paul speaks of some who were trying to establish their own righteousness:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:2-4).​

Praise the Lord!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

No,it is referring to the Ten Commandments for the Jews and for the Gentile it is referring to this:

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Ro.2:14-15).

The Gentiles were never under "the Law" of Moses so it couldn't be said of them that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

One has to be under the Law before Christ can be the "end" of the law for righteousness.

Jerry Shugart

Once you are sealed you are in His hand and no one can pluck you out.

That is right!

Those who believe the gospel have already been given eternal life (1Jn.5:11) and this is what the Lord Jesus says about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

The Lord also said:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out"
(Jn.6:37).​

Jerry Shugart