Actually Loving One's Neighbors As One Loves Themself.

Bradley D

Sounds like you may have been stationed on Subic Naval base at one time. My pastor friend pastors Adullam Bible Baptist Church in Palanginan.Iba.
Yes, I was stationed twice at Cubi Point Naval Air Station next to Subic Naval Base from 1971-1973 and 1982-1985.

Jenkins

I can reflect on the Love of Jesus even if God's love is not always what humans think it should be.

Mark 7

25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:

26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
Do you think "reflecting on" mercy and charity equate with performing them?

Jenkins

Or, they could begin to acknowledge that they are living in and participating in a social and economic system that favors the rich and greedy, while it exploits the poor downtrodden. A system that rewards us for turning our heads and blaming the the victims so that we can pretend it won;t happen to us. Until it does.

And then having acknowledged that we are participants is such an unfair and callous system, we can begin to agitate for change. For more fairness and shared opportunity, and for a greater sharing of the wealth. And most of all for a system that stops rewarding greed and selfishness above all else.
I doubt anyone can either imagine of or engage in any Social system or Government which is not unfair or callous.

Why then would you speak of one within a discussion? Do you operate within your imagination quite a bit?

PureX

I doubt anyone can either imagine of or engage in any Social system or Government which is not unfair or callous.

Why then would you speak of one within a discussion? Do you operate within your imagination quite a bit?
So your theory is that if perfection is not possible, progress is not worth pursuing?

Jenkins

So your theory is that if perfection is not possible, progress is not worth pursuing?
Not what I said.

Word Salad about something imaginary provides nothing to be pursued. Instead of Word Salad, do some action.

However, the trouble becomes what the Bible clearly says, that Common Mankind is doomed to Hell when apart from the Lord Jesus. Agreed? Maybe some avocado now on that salad ... ?