Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

"No eye has seen
no ear has heard
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."
I Cor 2 quoting Is 64.

It is in a chapter where the question of restoring Israel is hashed over again. How come, O Lord, you don't come down and obliterate your enemies.

The answer is that there is something new afoot and we find from I Cor 2 that the question being asked in Is 64 is missing out on the fact that God just might be planning to do something entirely new. The answer is in Christ and what took place in him. God was about to be "found by those who did not ask for him...etc.", 65:1, which meant believers from all nations. They would be people 'Israel did not know.' 63:16.

Paradoxically, this chapter includes asking this kind of question while 'Jerusalem was a desolation' AGAIN. Because the writers of the NT knew this was about to take place again, being mentioned steadily in Mt 21-24, or numerous places in Luke which is essentially transcription of Paul.

God would make a NHNE for his servants, while those smugs who assumed they were "in" but were not doing his service as the apostles called for, would be 'destined for the sword.' 65:12.

Right Divider

Body part
"No eye has seen
no ear has heard
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."
I Cor 2 quoting Is 64.

It is in a chapter where the question of restoring Israel is hashed over again. How come, O Lord, you don't come down and obliterate your enemies.

The answer is that there is something new afoot and we find from I Cor 2 that the question being asked in Is 64 is missing out on the fact that God just might be planning to do something entirely new. The answer is in Christ and what took place in him. God was about to be "found by those who did not ask for him...etc.", 65:1, which meant believers from all nations. They would be people 'Israel did not know.' 63:16.

Paradoxically, this chapter includes asking this kind of question while 'Jerusalem was a desolation' AGAIN. Because the writers of the NT knew this was about to take place again, being mentioned steadily in Mt 21-24, or numerous places in Luke which is essentially transcription of Paul.

God would make a NHNE for his servants, while those smugs who assumed they were "in" but were not doing his service as the apostles called for, would be 'destined for the sword.' 65:12.
Another angle on your false doctrines.... same old, same old....

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Rom 11:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (11:13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (11:14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. (11:15) For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

This is crystal clear and unambiguous to anyone not prone to trying to prove false doctrine.... like IP. I know that these verses are invisible to a "real writer and grammar scholar".

Interplanner

Another angle on your false doctrines.... same old, same old....

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Rom 11:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (11:13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (11:14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. (11:15) For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

This is crystal clear and unambiguous to anyone not prone to trying to prove false doctrine.... like IP. I know that these verses are invisible to a "real writer and grammar scholar".

He explains in the same passages that it is those who have faith who also happen to be from Israel. You are totally disqualified to read.

And the Isaiah passage said "Israel does not know us". Who is "us"?

Interplanner

The NT writers referring to OT prophecies to show that what they are saying is IN AGREEMENT with the prophecy, does not mean it's the fulfillment of the prophecy.

Ah, I see. They are supposed to ask YOU--You with the abuse of Acts 2:30+, Acts 13:32+, Acts 15, and Heb 2:5 --"the world TO COME about which we are speaking". Of course they would ask YOU.

Right Divider

Body part
He explains in the same passages that it is those who have faith who also happen to be from Israel. You are totally disqualified to read.
Israel has always had a believing remnant. So what is your point Mr. Vague?

Please QUOTE the passage that you refer to so that we can all KNOW what you are referring to, Mr. Vague.

Danoh

On the contrary...

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. 64:9 Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Acts
15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

Prime example, of which you totally distort.

The Apostle Paul quotes various passages for a similar reason - which you have clearly misunderstood as some sort of an assertion on his part that some aspect of the Mystery he alone had preached, had been hidden in the OT.

You and some of your pals pick on IP for that, even as some of you have done the same with other times where Paul was actually not asserting a thing as being in the OT.

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

SaulToPaul 2

The Apostle Paul quotes various passages for a similar reason - which you have clearly misunderstood as some sort of an assertion on his part that some aspect of the Mystery he alone had preached, had been hidden in the OT.

You and some of your pals pick on IP for that, even as some of you have done the same with other times where Paul was actually not asserting a thing as being in the OT.

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

Oh.

Interplanner

Israel has always had a believing remnant. So what is your point Mr. Vague?

Please QUOTE the passage that you refer to so that we can all KNOW what you are referring to, Mr. Vague.

Glad you agree there was always a remnant; that is all he is referring to in rom 9-11 because a person must have faith like Abraham who was "in" to receive the blessing of the Gospel.

As for the Isaiah passage, it is clearly identified above. Context of communication means there is always a backstory and previous events and things referred to, unlike your sound-byte system, where there is always 2P2P and everything is to be shaped by that.

Interplanner

Acts
15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

Prime example, of which you totally distort.

James said it was the Gentiles having faith in the Gospel right then, solving the division. That is the undistorted content that intepreted the Amos 9 passge, 2P2P be damned.

Right Divider

Body part
Glad you agree there was always a remnant; that is all he is referring to in rom 9-11 because a person must have faith like Abraham who was "in" to receive the blessing of the Gospel.
So the remnant rejected God? The remnant was a group of BELIEVERS in Israel. THEY were the faithful ones.

Rom 10:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:21) But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

So that is talking about the faithful, believing remnant?

Rom 11:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (11:12) Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

So the "believing remnant" fell?

As for the Isaiah passage, it is clearly identified above.
If it was "clearly identified above", I would not be asking what it is.

Why is everything a game to you? Just give the chapter and verse(s), it's not that hard.

Context of communication means there is always a backstory and previous events and things referred to, unlike your sound-byte system, where there is always 2P2P and everything is to be shaped by that.
Baloney. Yours is a fairy tale based upon forcing scripture into your mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.