ECT 2 COR. 6

DansingWall

2 COR. 6 [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. [14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] AND WHAT CONCORD HATH CHRIST WITH BELIAL? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

So far all points of scripture in this passage seem to be giving us instructions as to how we can become sons and daughters to the Father. So what about verse 15. Jesus Christ vs belial.

DEUT. 13 [13] Certain men, THE CHILDREN OF BELIAL, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, SAYING, LET US GO AND SERVE OTHER GODS, which ye have not known; [14] Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; [15] Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. [16] And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. [17] And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that THE LORD MAY TURN FROM THE FIERCENESS OF HIS ANGER, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; [18] WHEN THOU SHALT HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD THY GOD, TO KEEP ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS WHICH I COMMAND THEE THIS DAY, TO DO THAT WHICH IS RIGHT IN THE EYES OF THE LORD THY GOD.

Just as the "many" believe in these times, those of Belial didnt believe they were under the 10 commandments either. Why's that?

Interplanner

2 COR. 6 [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. [14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] AND WHAT CONCORD HATH CHRIST WITH BELIAL? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

So far all points of scripture in this passage seem to be giving us instructions as to how we can become sons and daughters to the Father. So what about verse 15. Jesus Christ vs belial.

DEUT. 13 [13] Certain men, THE CHILDREN OF BELIAL, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, SAYING, LET US GO AND SERVE OTHER GODS, which ye have not known; [14] Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; [15] Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. [16] And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. [17] And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that THE LORD MAY TURN FROM THE FIERCENESS OF HIS ANGER, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; [18] WHEN THOU SHALT HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD THY GOD, TO KEEP ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS WHICH I COMMAND THEE THIS DAY, TO DO THAT WHICH IS RIGHT IN THE EYES OF THE LORD THY GOD.

Just as the "many" believe in these times, those of Belial didnt believe they were under the 10 commandments either. Why's that?

Define your terms. "Under" as in 'an way to perform that will obligate God to accept us' and release us from charges against us for our sins?

Or, "under" as in 'a permanent and absolute moral guide to be expressed as heartily and energetically as possible.'

DansingWall

Define your terms. "Under" as in 'an way to perform that will obligate God to accept us' and release us from charges against us for our sins?

Or, "under" as in 'a permanent and absolute moral guide to be expressed as heartily and energetically as possible.'

Not sure what your asking. I believe (and scripture points out} that the 10 commandments are to be observed for ever. Even in the kingdom.

More good stuff from 2 COR.6

2 COR. 6 [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, OUR HEART IS ENLARGED. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) BE YE ALSO ENLARGED.

Our heart is enlarged and be ye also enlarged. So what does this mean to enlarge your heart?

PSALM 119 [32] I WILL RUN THE WAY OF THY COMMANDMENTS, WHEN THOU SHALT ENLARGE MY HEART.[33] Teach me,LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.[34] Give me understanding,and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.[35] Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

Well thats easily understood

ISAIAH 5 [13] Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.[14] Therefore HELL HATH ENLARGED HERSELF, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. [24] Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAST AWAY THE LAW OF THE LORD of hosts, and despised the word of THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.

Hell hath enlarged herself because they have cast away the law of the LORD. Despised the word of the HOLY ONE of Israel. We all should know who the HOLY ONE of Israel is?

ISAIAH 48 [17] THUS SAITH THE LORD, THY REDEEMER, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; I am the LORD thy God whichteacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

The HOLY ONE of Israel is also called thy REDEEMER. Yup. Jesus Christ himself.

Danoh

Your obvious error in understanding the obvious, DIFFERENT Dispensations, Stewardships, or Economies in Scripture (Luke 12: 42; Hebrews 3: 1-6, etc.) would lead one to conclude that the Spirit was wrong to have told Peter in Acts 10 that his Israelite diet under the Law was no longer.

Here, a ribbing at ya "Apollos."

:chuckle:

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Danoh

Your error ..... Listening to Les Feldeck.

Your error...your obvious reading into a thing.

For I was coming to the views I hold to for about a year and a half before I ever even heard of ANY Dispensationalism.

Simply through time in Scripture on my own.

Prior to that I was not even a Believer.

Fact is that should someone pick up a Gideon Bible in some hotel room, somewhere, some night, and conclude from it ALONE that "Christ died for our sins ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES" - that does not mean they got that from someone other than from their own time in Scripture in that hotel room, that night.

But your kind are all alike in this - "where two or more agree on a thing it must be the one taught it to the other...."

Which is nothing more than your kind's projection of the source of your own views...

Rom. 14:5; Rom. 5:6-8.

DansingWall

Out of the writings of Paul. Les would like that

2 COR. 6 [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, AND TOUCH NOT THE UNCLEAN THING; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

This NEW COVENANT scripture tells us as believers we are not to touch the unclean thing.

ISAIAH 52 [9] Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath REDEEMED Jerusalem. [10] The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the SALVATION of our God. [11] Depart ye, depart ye, GO YE OUT from thence, TOUCH NO UNCLEAN THING; GO YE OUT OF THE MIDST OF HER; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord. [12] For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the Lord will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

Redeemed. Salvation. Words you would find in the new testament concerning Jesus. And as is always the case, you will find whats being said in the new testament has already been said in the old or prophecied.

LEVITICUS 20 [22] Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. [23] And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. [24] But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD, WHICH HAVE SEPARATED YOU from other people. [25] YE SHALL THEREFORE PUT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLEAN BEASTS AND UNCLEAN, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. [26] And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, THAT YE SHOULD BE MINE.

Be ye separate.

DEUT. 14 [8] And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, IT IS UNCLEAN unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Everywhere theres lots of piggies living piggy lives.......

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. [16] For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many. [17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

The above scripture is speaking of the “Day of the Lord”. Whats prophecied about that day will come to pass as written no matter what dispensation you think your in

DansingWall

Your obvious error in understanding the obvious, DIFFERENT Dispensations, Stewardships, or Economies in Scripture (Luke 12: 42; Hebrews 3: 1-6, etc.) would lead one to conclude that the Spirit was wrong to have told Peter in Acts 10 that his Israelite diet under the Law was no longer.

ACTS 10 [9] On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:[10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,[11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:[12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.[13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.[14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.[15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, WHAT GOD HATH CLEANSED, THAT CALL NOT THOU COMMON.

Those who would try and convince you that its alright to eat the piggy will quote scripture above

ACTS 10 [25] And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.[26] But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.[27] And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.[28] And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but GOD HATH SHEWED ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANY MAN COMMON OR UNCLEAN.

But if you keep reading that very same chapter you find that is not so

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

And here we find what Jesus will do to those who eat the piggy when He returns on the Day of the Lord