The NEW-UPDATED 10 TOL Commandments

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A link to information about the subject would seem appropriate..along with commentary

A link to information about the subject would seem appropriate..along with commentary

Knight,

Forgive me if I overlooked it but can you clarify your policy on posting only links to other websites in order to reply to threads? That is, when the substance of a member's reply consists of nothing more than links?

Hi musterion,

As I touched on earlier here,...I've been posting links in my commentary which deal with the subject being discussed for years here, as long as it is within reason, and just a few interspersed within the commentary. If your post is just a long list of links, of course that is frowned on, although an OP or explanatory page may contain more essential links regarding a subject, serving as a 'portal-page' of sorts. In the interest of education, information and expanding consciousness on any subject, appropriate links have their place, and only those really interested in researching more will click on them anyways.

I was recently banned for 'intentional blasphemy and sharing a link with 'malware' (although I had someone else go to those sites, and they said they were ok, as I myself had no problems, but the moderator apparently found one link infected with malware :idunno: ) , - it seemed more of a biased and bigoted gesture, since my commentary was along a more skeptical analysis of Paul the apostle particularly. I do have a 'portal-page' on Paul (with various links to resource-sites and our other threads on Paul).

I usually share links in a post, so those interested can see alternative views, scholarship and conclusions on a controversial subject, so they can make up their own minds on the data, - such is the value of personal research. Views are subject to change. Some however don't want to be informed about a subject and just revert to presumption, preconceptions or wilfull ignorance since they already know the truth about it, so everything you post is automatically assumed to be wrong or 'demonic', or your just a servant of satan, and all that silly baggage playing the 'God' against the 'Devil' card,....thinking they have an ace up their sleeve.

If anyone wants to debate any specific points they are welcome to, but sometimes a knee-jerk reaction is to charge any opposition to cherished beliefs or one's 'religion' as 'blasphemy', further looking for any other slight antagonism as a 'bannable offense'. - from there the merry-go-round can start and end, however one 'spins' it ;)

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi musterion,

As I touched on earlier here,...I've been posting links in my commentary which deal with the subject being discussed for years here, as long as it is within reason, and just a few interspersed within the commentary. If your post is just a long list of links, of course that is frowned on, although an OP or explanatory page may contain more essential links regarding a subject, serving as a 'portal-page' of sorts. In the interest of education, information and expanding consciousness on any subject, appropriate links have their place, and only those really interested in researching more will click on them anyways.

I was recently banned for 'intentional blasphemy and sharing a link with 'malware' (although I had someone else go to those sites, and they said they were ok, as I myself had no problems, but the moderator apparently found one link infected with malware :idunno: ) , - it seemed more of a biased and bigoted gesture, since my commentary was along a more skeptical analysis of Paul the apostle particularly. I do have a 'portal-page' on Paul (with various links to resource-sites and our other threads on Paul).

I usually share links in a post, so those interested can see alternative views, scholarship and conclusions on a controversial subject, so they can make up their own minds on the data, - such is the value of personal research. Views are subject to change. Some however don't want to be informed about a subject and just revert to presumption, preconceptions or wilfull ignorance since they already know the truth about it, so everything you post is automatically assumed to be wrong or 'demonic', or your just a servant of satan, and all that silly baggage playing the 'God' against the 'Devil' card,....thinking they have an ace up their sleeve.

If anyone wants to debate any specific points they are welcome to, but sometimes a knee-jerk reaction is to charge any opposition to cherished beliefs or one's 'religion' as 'blasphemy', further looking for any other slight antagonism as a 'bannable offense'. - from there the merry-go-round can start and end, however one 'spins' it ;)

pj

well, can you attack and provide "skeptical analysis" of any other Bible authors ? all of them ? only Paul ? you can find more, c'mon ! ! ! underachiever !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Courage to discover truth..............

Courage to discover truth..............

well, can you attack and provide "skeptical analysis" of any other Bible authors ? all of them ? only Paul ? you can find more, c'mon ! ! ! underachiever !

There are liberal, skeptical scholars and writers out there who have questioned if some of the bible writers even existed as historically assumed, or were some other person upon which a 'personality' was given or inter-merged with some other historical or mythical persons. I take it you haven't been to a library lately or surveyed the vast spectrum of academics in this field? In any case,..for internet studies 'Google' can be your best friend.

Intellectual honesty requires we look at our own beliefs, opinions, points of view continually....researching facts, figures, information, etc. We continue to 'learn' as well, as long as we are progressing along the path of knowledge, and open to progressive revelation.

pj

The.Lady.Kat

BANNED
Banned
Well, your rules seem to be quit simple to follow, but your definition of a troll is off. It really should say anyone who makes a long standing member angry. They will report you and you will be banned for life. Isn't that a little closer to the truth?

That's what happened to me. I did nothing wrong. I said nothing out of line and was behaving very Christ like, but I see that gossip is what runs this place.

Your rules are a farce.

Forever,
Preachers.Wife

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, your rules seem to be quit simple to follow, but your definition of a troll is off. It really should say anyone who makes a long standing member angry. They will report you and you will be banned for life. Isn't that a little closer to the truth?

That's what happened to me. I did nothing wrong. I said nothing out of line and was behaving very Christ like, but I see that gossip is what runs this place.

Your rules are a farce.

Forever,
Preachers.Wife

If you are viewing this board--your account was shut down because there are dishonest things about the account itself. I have been moderating or administrating forums for 15 years. I know every trick there is in the book.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I like that one, don't see a rule like that on most forums :)

But it then becomes a matter of biased judgement on what 'name-calling' is justified, and if another has rightly 'earned' it. You see its 'subjective'. I recently called someone a 'bigot' because I feel they've earned it by expressing behavior over and over again, habitually in fact, that justifies the term being properly applied. I have grounds for it. However, since the one I called a 'bigot' may hold to the same 'version' of 'Christianity' or expression of 'faith' as the management here, they may feel my application of the term is unwarranted. As far as there being a 'court' arranged to come to true verdict of the charge, I don't know if that can be done, since moderators can without notice simply ban someone :idunno: - a lot is up for grabs there.

jman

Ok, well, I won't b crass or disrespectful. But I'm warning u, my ideas on religion r pretty far out there and definitely not far right Christian. My goal is to make people think. Sooo, hopefully I won't b banned......

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

jman

Also wanted to say, my first post will b a copy and paste of some txt msgs I sent a Christian friend. Hope that's ok......?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also wanted to say, my first post will b a copy and paste of some txt msgs I sent a Christian friend. Hope that's ok......?

Copy Pasting is discouraged on this forum. Thanks for understanding.