Satan's Argument for Job's Faithfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satan's Argument for Job's Faithfulness

I'm currently listening to a series on Job. We know that when God asked Satan if he had considered His servant Job, Satan of course claimed that the only reason Job was faithful was because he was so tremendously blessed. His argument was that if Job wasn't wealthy and blessed, then things would be different. Notice that Satan's response wasn't that the only reason Job was faithful was because it was ordained or predestined to be so by God.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Originally posted by Poly View Post
    I'm currently listening to a series on Job. We know that when God asked Satan if he had considered His servant Job, Satan of course claimed that the only reason Job was faithful was because he was so tremendously blessed. His argument was that if Job wasn't wealthy and blessed, then things would be different. Notice that Satan's response wasn't that the only reason Job was faithful was because it was ordained or predestined to be so by God.
    Exactly; Satan believed he could cause Job to turn against God.

Looks like Satan thought he could change the future!

Comment

Job one of the books of wisdom. What was the lesson learned?

Comment

Working...
      X