Theology Club: Paul's Gospel: What Happened?

Danoh

I've heard over the years that Mid-Acts had reached some in Russia.

Евангелие Павла. Что произошло?

Paul's Gospel: What happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJechGJtHY&app=desktop

Below the video, it says...

Наши доктрины должны браться из его посланий. Ереси так же происходят от смешения его учения и других частей библии.

In other words...

Pavel is our Apostle; not the others. His is a different gospel. A lot was revealed with his call - a different dispensation began with it. Various mysteries that were first revealed thru him. Our doctrine should be taken from his letters. Heresy occurs from mixing his teaching with other parts of the Bible.

Danoh

YAY!

Invite them to TOL.

I don't know - he already has two strikes against him - he is KJVO, and he holds the older Acts 9 (the much sounder) view :D

All kidding aside, he does appear to hold to the older Acts 9 views.

Something else - I once owned a copy of a Spanish Bible from 1602 that was apparantly based on the same texts as the later, 1611 KJV.

Regrettably, someone stole it. Never saw it again.

And there were other countries of that time where people had Bibles based on that same text.

I haven't looked at all that in years, but I wouldn't be surprised if the text that guy uses is some earlier version of a KJV text.

The Eastern Orthodox Church also has a very long history of various texts.

It might be from their collections of texts.

A course say, like the homestudy one offered by GSB, or say, Ruckman's people, goes into those kinds of things.

Though, apparantly, that guy on the video appears to hold more a Baptist KJVO view than, say, one of the MAD KJBO views held by one or another of the various KJBO MADs out there.

Then again, these kinds of things are often an individual by individual kind of a thing.

It is ever fascinating to hear of such people out there.

I remember hearing an account years ago of some guy on vacation in some small town in Europe.

He was off somewhere attempting to share the gospel of the grace of God with some strangers he had just met.

It turned out they were not only already saved and crystal clear on eternal security; but held a Mid-Acts view.

I forget what the guy said they called it; some other name; not Mid-Acts.

They asserted it was a position some earlier people in their village had come to on their own and it had been handed down to them.

It is a small world...indeed.

Last edited:

Danoh

Yay Pavel!

Actually, there was a Russian couple (even before O'Hair even knew the Lord, let alone, began his ministry), who apparantly had held somewhat of a Mid-Acts view.

I forget their names, but they would have been late 19th to really early 20th century.

Perhaps they were influenced by Bullinger's own, earlier position (prior to Bullinger's later in life encounter with the often incompetent in the consistent application of sound study principles - the Acts 28er: Charles Welch).

Back before Welch (when Bullinger was an old, old man by then); prior to that, Bullinger had held a form of Mid-Acts as his own view.