X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theology Club: Grace History Project: Darby

http://gracehistoryproject.blogspot....date=false&m=0

Unshackled

A short, but good read on how Darby came to his Dispensational Perspective.

He did not invent it, rather, as he came to understand his identity in Christ through time in Scripture, the eyes of his understanding sufficiently educated by this, he was now able to see that Israel is not the Body and the Body is not Israel.

If you have ever had a moment in any area of your life where seeing some things clearly for the first time allowed you to see other things as a result, you have a sense of the experience Darby experienced that resulted in his recovery of truths that had been lost for quite some time.

http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/vie...nd-the-rapture

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post

He did not invent it
      I know.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
      They already know monsters exist.
      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Did Tet Nelson Elestai invent Tetelestaism?
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
        You're too literal to get it.
        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
          Did Tet Nelson Elestai invent Tetelestaism?
          Check Wikipedia
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Darby was flawed in doctrine and in character, he taught much good doctrine...but it is well to know that he is flawed
            One lavished upon in the Beloved
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
              Darby was flawed in doctrine and in character, he taught much good doctrine...but it is well to know that he is flawed
              It's always good to impugn a dead man's doctrine and character with vague and unspecified accusations.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Read the history of the Brethren movement, there was nothing vague about what Darby did. Look up Bethesda.

If anyone is going to seriously consider Darby's work [and he is worth looking at] then it will be wise to look closely at him.

...it is no different than if he is alive or dead. We scrutinise ministers [or we should] before we start imbibing their doctrine.
                sigpic

Comment

So are you and me

Comment

Read the history of the Brethren movement, there was nothing vague about what Darby did. Look up Bethesda.
                    Why are so many people here on TOL so ridiculously illogical?

I said that YOU were vague. And you WERE.

If anyone is going to seriously consider Darby's work [and he is worth looking at] then it will be wise to look closely at him.
                    I don't "seriously consider his work", so I guess that I'm fine.

...it is no different than if he is alive or dead. We scrutinise ministers [or we should] before we start imbibing their doctrine.
                    Once again, I don't "imbibe his doctrine", so I'm fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                      Why are so many people here on TOL so ridiculously illogical?

I said that YOU were vague. And you WERE.

I don't "seriously consider his work", so I guess that I'm fine.

Once again, I don't "imbibe his doctrine", so I'm fine.
                      Well if somebody does seriously consider his work, or are fastidious about from who they imbibe doctrine

....it is well to know that Darby is flawed
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                        So are you and me
                        It will be well for us to know what those flaws are then.
                        sigpic

Comment

....I don't want to catch something
                          sigpic

Comment

I "know no man after the flesh." Background, good, bad, circumcision, uncircumcision, you name it; what I look at is whether or not any aspect of his words are true to Scripture.

Its why I do not take sides, other what's right, no matter who. Its amazing how much more one is able to learn; as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                              I "know no man after the flesh." Background, good, bad, circumcision, uncircumcision, you name it; what I look at is whether or not any aspect of his words are true to Scripture.

Its why I do not take sides, other what's right, no matter who. Its amazing how much more one is able to learn; as a result.
                              I can benefit from reading Darby in relation to Israel, many agree with him and he did bring light to bear on the matter.

But by not being careful a very great many people have imbibed Darby's teaching on the "secret rapture" it is a plague in the church...many on this forum believe it, Darby is the father of it or at least it was through him that the doctrine gained popularity.

....Tots would have sounded a word of caution
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X