Theology Club: Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

DAN P

The righteous are led by the Spirit and they follow the Spirit of God. What ever the Spirit commands we should do.

Hi and why not comment on Heb 9:15 ?

Non-Pauline people always refuse to answer !!

Have a good time and never learn !!

dan p

LoneStar

How do you know that those "feelings" and "dreams" are from God and not the other guy?
Good question. Even some in the OT asked for proof that it was God speaking to them. So even hearing the voice of God was not always enough to satisfy that it was indeed God speaking to them.

achduke

Hi and why not comment on Heb 9:15 ?

Non-Pauline people always refuse to answer !!

Have a good time and never learn !!

dan p

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance

Not sure what the problem is with Hebrews 9:15. Christ took a way the curse of the law. Does that mean we are still to sin?

Galations 3:10-14 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The new covenant is covered by Jeremiah, Ezekiel and other prophets.
Now we have the Spirit to lead us to follow the commandments of God.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

achduke

How do you know that those "feelings" and "dreams" are from God and not the other guy?

Because I test the spirit to see if it lines up with Scripture. Some of the dreams I have are of the future. Others are the Holy Spirit telling me to ask for forgiveness for others I have wronged.

DAN P

Not sure what the problem is with Hebrews 9:15. Christ took a way the curse of the law. Does that mean we are still to sin?

The new covenant is covered by Jeremiah, Ezekiel and other prophets.
Now we have the Spirit to lead us to follow the commandments of God.

Hi and we are reading the same book ?

It says for the REDEMPTIONS of the SINS or Transgressions UNDER the the FIRST TESTAMENT which is FIRST COVENANT !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

achduke

Hi and we are reading the same book ?

It says for the REDEMPTIONS of the SINS or Transgressions UNDER the the FIRST TESTAMENT which is FIRST COVENANT !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

What point are you trying to make? Once the first covenant has passed we are given the Holy Spirit to lead us not to sin.

Danoh

Because I test the spirit to see if it lines up with Scripture. Some of the dreams I have are of the future. Others are the Holy Spirit telling me to ask for forgiveness for others I have wronged.

Thats just you thinking, feeling, or what have you, and then immediately concluding "the Spirit is telling me this..." that, the other...

Believers are either raised to right off take their own inner dialogue as "the Spirit," or pick it up later in life when they become Believers and are exposed to other Believers asserting this to be the case.

Budhhists say "it is the Budhha," Muslims say "it is Allah," and likewise do all others easily "carried awat by dumb idols," 1 Cor. 12:2.

But that is not how the Spirit leads - not if the Bible is to be believed as to its instruction on this issue.

Last edited:

achduke

Thats just you thinking, feeling, or what have you but immediately concluding "the Spirit" is telling this..."

Believers are either raised to re-interpret their own inner dialogue that way, or pick it later in life when they become Believers.

Budhhists say "its the Budhha," Muslims say "its Allah," and likewise do all others easily "carried awat by dumb idols," 1 Cor. 12.12.

Bit that is not how the Spirit leads - not if the Bible is to be believed as to its instruction on this issue.
That is your opinion but I see no scripture refuting anything. My belief is my belief and your belief is your belief.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Col 1:24-28

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Right Divider

Body part
And you say with the salvation of Paul?
I know that many people here on TOL vehemently disagree with MAD, but the scripture is clear that a change came with Paul.

No one before Paul preached the cross as good news.

I've shown this to many and they say things like "Well, Peter 'mentioned' it (the cross) in Acts 2". Indeed he did, but NOT as good news. There was other good news that he preached there, but NOT the cross and Christ's dead for sin.

In Acts six, there is the mention of ONE Gentile and it is shown that he is a proselyte. There is NO such thing as a proselyte in the body of Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I know that many people here on TOL vehemently disagree with MAD, but the scripture is clear that a change came with Paul.

No one before Paul preached the cross as good news.

I've shown this to many and they say things like "Well, Peter 'mentioned' it (the cross) in Acts 2". Indeed he did, but NOT as good news. There was other good news that he preached there, but NOT the cross and Christ's dead for sin.

In Acts six, there is the mention of ONE Gentile and it is shown that he is a proselyte. There is NO such thing as a proselyte in the body of Christ.

Good points, irrefutable