Theology Club: Jerry Shugart Proven WRONG by O'Hair.

Jerry Shugart

You are ignorantly blind of what you read as a drunk bat with a double blindfold on, in a loud cave after having been spun around a dozen times - Anderson was talking about what he had erroneously referred to as "the Pentecostal Dispensation" that he asserted began at Acts 2 and ran to Acts 28.

Yes, Anderson spoke of a Pentecostal dispensation because the Jews were given a "stewardship" (dispensation) at that time to preach a gospel {Mark 16:15). Perhaps Danoh does not understand the meaning of the Greek word translated "dispensation"?

But the fact remains that Anderson spoke of the present dispensation which started during the Mid-Acts period:

"Who can fail to mark the contrast between the earlier and the later chapters of the Acts of the Apostles? Measured by years the period they embrace is comparatively brief; but morally the latter portion of the narrative seems to belong to a different age. And such is in fact the case. A new dispensation had begun..." (Anderson, The Silence of God [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1978], p.49).​

Note how Anderson misunderstands Acts 13 and 28:

Of course Danoh make an assertion and then fails to give any proof that Anderson misunderstood anything. Where is the proof?

Thus, O'Hair's words against Anderson's errors:

"Let us not consider this learned brother as final authority, or his exegesis as infallible, neither let us be prejudiced by the teaching of any other so-called “big” Bible teachers who insist that the day of Pentecost ushered in the “dispensation of the mystery” mentioned in Ephesians 3:9, but let us receive their testimonies and search the Scriptures daily. It is rather difficult to believe that the “dispensation of the mystery”, with reference to the untraceable riches of Christ among the Gentiles, began on a Jewish feast day before the Apostle to the Gentiles was converted and commissioned, even seven years before Peter was authorized, by the “sheet of unclean creatures”, to preach the gospel of the circumcision to one respectable God-fearing Gentile, who apparently was an uncircumcised proselyte."

Anderson never said that "the day of Pentecost ushered in the 'dispensation of the mystery' mentioned in Ephesians 3:9..."

Again, where is Danoh's proof that Anderson ever said that?

Danoh want to do a hit job on Anderson, the father of systemized Mid-Ácts Dispensationalism, because of what he said about this verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Anderson said "the blessing is only for 'whoever believeth'" (Ibid.,p.100).

Danoh does not believe what is said at John 3:16 or what Anderson says about that verse is true.

Danoh says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved by just believing, despite what is said at John 3:16. So according to Donah a Jew could believe but not be saved.

According to Danoh a Jew living under the law had to believe and do works to be saved, despite the fact that she has been shown the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Even though the Lord told those Jews that if they believe then they will be saved Danoh continues to insist that the Lord Jesus is wrong because those Jews had to believe and do works in order to be saved.

So before you decide to disagree with Danoh you better be prepared to be attacked unmercifully by that vindicative person. Just lately Danoh said the following:

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

Danoh needs professional help and she has no business on this forum!

Danoh

Yes, Anderson spoke of a Pentecostal dispensation because the Jews were given a "stewardship" (dispensation) at that time to preach a gospel {Mark 16:15). Perhaps Danoh does not understand the meaning of the Greek word translated "dispensation"?

But the fact remains that Anderson spoke of the present dispensation which started during the Mid-Acts period:

"Who can fail to mark the contrast between the earlier and the later chapters of the Acts of the Apostles? Measured by years the period they embrace is comparatively brief; but morally the latter portion of the narrative seems to belong to a different age. And such is in fact the case. A new dispensation had begun..." (Anderson, The Silence of God [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1978], p.49).​

Of course Danoh make an assertion and then fails to give any proof that Anderson misunderstood anything. Where is the proof?

Anderson never said that "the day of Pentecost ushered in the 'dispensation of the mystery' mentioned in Ephesians 3:9..."

Again, where is Danoh's proof that Anderson ever said that?

Danoh want to do a hit job on Anderson, the father of systemized Mid-Ácts Dispensationalism, because of what he said about this verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Anderson said "the blessing is only for 'whoever believeth'" (Ibid.,p.100).

Danoh does not believe what is said at John 3:16 or what Anderson says about that verse is true.

Danoh says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved by just believing, despite what is said at John 3:16. So according to Donah a Jew could believe but not be saved.

According to Danoh a Jew living under the law had to believe and do works to be saved, despite the fact that she has been shown the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Even though the Lord told those Jews that if they believe then they will be saved Danoh continues to insist that the Lord Jesus is wrong because those Jews had to believe and do works in order to be saved.

So before you decide to disagree with Danoh you better be prepared to be attacked unmercifully by that vindicative person. Just lately Danoh said the following:

Danoh needs professional help and she has no business on this forum!

Squirm, Jerry, squirm... you've been tried, and have been found wanting...

I can just imagine what you must have been like as a child - no, wait; no need to imagine, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFYsJYPye94

Jerry Shugart

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord that you will seek help.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord that you will seek help.

i reported that jerry. i can disagree with you without wishing death upon you. or a ban - it was changed but you caught it in this post -

Originally Posted by Danoh View Post