Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lol, right now I have that look on my face the Professor would get whenever he would explain the basis of his assertions and or solution, and the castaways would look at him like he was from Mars or something :chuckle:
You shouldn't. Your explanations are not that highbrow.

Danoh

You shouldn't. Your explanations are not that highbrow.

And yet you missed the point they emphasize - the need to not only look at things through operating principles, but aware one is doing so, what they are, and where one is off, or not, in their application.

That was how Mad reemerged; is how Mad further refines, and is where a Madist ends up sound or not in any area.

Case in point of various that I have often witnessed...

I've met too many a Mad who's obvious idea of a sound operating principle when attempting to understand a passage or passages is the idea of first read it this way, then from this other angle, and then from another one, and another, until...one of them fits...

The more experienced Mad learns the unsoundness of that approach.

Learns that the moment one even begins to go down that path; what it really means is that more time in Scripture is needed.

Until the greater, overall familiarity with Scripture as a whole that results only from more time in Scripture...allows seeing the passage in question through all that...to what it is actually talking about.

I am sure you have had moments like that...where you find at some later point down the road, that you now understand a passage you had not been able to understand the actually intended sense of, say, some six months, or even years...earlier.

When you have a moment like that, pause and ask yourself questions about what dynamic is now allowing you to see that passage so clearly - what parts of the whole.

You can then apply that as a principle the next time you are attempting to get at the intended sense of one passage or another...a bit more consciously...a bit more consistently.

Of course, if my words to you on this smack too much of a know it all, then so be it; remain in your ignorance that that is all I was up to.

Me; I try to learn from anyone. I'm after the learning.

As a result; I could care less whether I rightly think they think they are all that, or whether they actually think that about themselves.

I...have no time for such ignorant insecurities... I am after..the learning.

Do with this what you will...I could care less...I well know its...continuing benefit...

Sheesh - Mads can be so ignorant in their misperceptions...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And yet you missed the point they emphasize - the need to not only look at things through operating principles, but aware one is doing so, what they are, and where one is off, or not, in their application.

That was how Mad reemerged; is how Mad further refines, and is where a Madist ends up sound or not in any area.

Case in point of various that I have often witnessed...

I've met too many a Mad who's obvious idea of a sound operating principle when attempting to understand a passage or passages is the idea of first read it this way, then from this other angle, and then from another one, and another, until...one of them fits...

The more experienced Mad learns the unsoundness of that approach.

Learns that the moment one even begins to go down that path; what it really means is that more time in Scripture is needed.

Until the greater, overall familiarity with Scripture as a whole that results only from more time in Scripture...allows seeing the passage in question through all that...to what it is actually talking about.

I am sure you have had moments like that...where you find at some later point down the road, that you now understand a passage you had not been able to understand the actually intended sense of, say, some six months, or even years...earlier.

When you have a moment like that, pause and ask yourself questions about what dynamic is now allowing you to see that passage so clearly - what parts of the whole.

You can then apply that as a principle the next time you are attempting to get at the intended sense of one passage or another...a bit more consciously...a bit more consistently.

Of course, if my words to you on this smack too much of a know it all, then so be it; remain in your ignorance that that is all I was up to.

Me; I try to learn from anyone. I'm after the learning.

As a result; I could care less whether I rightly think they think they are all that, or whether they actually think that about themselves.

I...have no time for such ignorant insecurities... I am after..the learning.

Do with this what you will...I could care less...I well know its...continuing benefit...

Sheesh - Mads can be so ignorant in their misperceptions...

Translaton; :blabla:

You really need to learn to communicate succinctly.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
September 10th, 2016
[h=2]7 Important Doctrines About the Bible[/h]The Bible is the most important book in history, and is what defines our faith. The way to destroy Christianity would be to destroy the Bible. Here are seven important doctrines about the Bible that will strengthen your faith in Gods word and make you a Bible believer.

Read More

[h=2]In the Original Greek[/h]Few things have caused more damage in churches than when pastors say things like: "In the originals, the word here really means..." This is a real problem. So, whats the problem? Heres a few.

Read More

[h=2]Paul Last of All[/h]It is significant that Jesus was seen of Paul last of all. Unlike the twelve who had promised positions in the coming kingdom Paul, known then as Saul, was a blasphemer and chief persecutor of the followers of Christ.

Read More

[h=2]Dispensational Evangelism[/h]The evangelism message has changed with the dispensations. At one time evangelism was at a national level. During the earthly ministry of Jesus evangelism included the gospel of kingdom blessings. Paul describes evangelism as something entirely different still. Listen to this past lesson about how evangelism has changed dispensationally.

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
September 17th, 2016
[h=2]Popular Historian Defends Mid-Acts Position?[/h]In the late 19th century Philip Schaff wrote his popular eight volume History of the Christian Church which remains a classic in print to this day. Read what he says about the controversy between the apostle Paul and James.

Read More

[h=2]Made in God's Image[/h]A common description of humanity is that we are all God’s children. It is said, we are all made in the image of God. Is this still true? A brief study on the image of God tells the story of salvation.

Read More

[h=2]What Would Jesus Do?[/h]When Charles Sheldon asked the question “What would Jesus do?”, he used the four accounts of Jesus’ earthly ministry to find his answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Careful doctrinal study tells us what Jesus did then is not something we are to do today.

Read More

[h=2]Every Day God[/h]It is not uncommon to find more people in church on religious holidays. Christmas is always the biggest birthday party of the year. Never mind that Jesus was most likely born in September not December. Learn why our service and devotion to God should not peak on special days.

Read More

Danoh

Many secular historians and archeologists, etc., also hold that Peter and Paul had preached different gospels.

But as one individual often one-sided "one size fits all" - when convenient - recently put it - "what do numbers have to do with" this?

:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
September 24th, 2016
[h=2]Gospel of the Kingdom vs. Gospel of Grace[/h]"Go, and preach the gospel!" Most every Christian would agree this is what the church is supposed to do. The natural question that nobody asks should be "which gospel?" Hardly anyone asks this

Read More

[h=2]Why Do Bad Things Happen[/h]Too many times God is blamed for the bad things, and yet he is rarely thanked for the good things. No matter what happens there is a tendency to ignore God and his gracious provision. This tendency is called rebellion. All humans possess it.

Read More

[h=2]Mysteries of the Kingdom[/h]Does Matthew 13:11 teach the revelation of the mystery given to Paul? The simple answer is no. Read on to find the simple explanation.

Read More

[h=2]For Christ's Sake[/h]Too often this phrase is used in vain because its purveyors have absolutely no understanding of what it means. Learn what happened for you for Christ's sake.

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
October 1st, 2016
[h=2]Christ Sent You A Special Apostle. Why Won't You Listen?[/h]Christ sent you a special apostle. Does that sound strange to you? It shouldn't. If Christ sent you a special apostle, wouldn't you want to hear his message to you more than the message of other apostles for others?

Read More

[h=2]Why You Can't Be Born Again[/h]Ever since Chuck Colson's popular biography being "born again" has been a mainstream euphemism for a salvation experience. Some have used "born again" as a way to separate the devout from the nominal Christian. When studied from the Bible rightly divided, "born again" is something that only Isrel could do. No Gentile could be born again.

Read More

[h=2]How We Eat the Lord's Supper[/h]One of the most Roman Catholic practices in all of non-Catholic Christianity is the Protestant Mass otherwise known by tradition as the Lord's Supper. While denouncing the wrong Catholic teaching that the cracker turns into the real flesh of Jesus, Protestants continue the Catholic sacrament only with a little more irreverence and less mysticism.

Read More

[h=2]As Ye Have Received...So Walk[/h]One symptom of a spiritual growth that is hindered is uncertainty, doubt, and confusion about how we should live. The cause does not come from a lack of options or information, but from a misunderstanding of how we receive Christ in the first place.

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
October 8th, 2016
[h=2]The Ethiopian Eunuch's Testimony[/h]The story of the eunuch in Acts 8 can seem strange, somewhat random, or out of place unless seen through the lens of mid-Acts dispensational right division. Why is there an account of an Ethiopian eunuch? Learn the prophetic importance of this man, and how it is missed unless you take a mid-Acts dispensational approach.

Read More

[h=2]The Comfort of God[/h]Life can be distressing. Sometimes it can be unbearable. The corruption, greed, selfishness, and sin become more evident. The days seems to linger and the heart tends to fail. Where is hope? Where is the victory? Where is the relief?

Read More

[h=2]5 Words Better Than Tongue Talking[/h]While there is no place or purpose for the supernatural power of tongues any longer in this dispensation there remains those who confuse the rest of us with their so-called power to speak in unknown tongues. Paul says he would rather speak five words than ten thousand in tongues. See perhaps what he had in mind.

Read More

[h=2]The Way We Teach Jesus[/h]With the continuous attention given to the Muslim religion in our culture who doesn't know that Jesus is mentioned in the Koran as a great prophet and teacher. Yet no Mohammedan would dare call themselves Christian. It is obvious then that a basic issue of Christianity is not that you teach Jesus, it is how you teach Jesus.

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
October 15th, 2016
[h=2]God's Voice or Satan's Voice[/h]One of the biggest problems perpetuated by charismatic Pentecostal teaching concerns how God speaks to us. God's words are found in the Bible. When Charismatics teach that God's voice can be heard through experience, circumstance, and gut feelings the word of God is bound to face corruption and neglect.

Read More

[h=2]Jesus Contradicts Himself[/h]When Jesus sent his disciples to preach the kingdom in Luke 10:4 he gave them specific instructions. Twelve chapters later as he was preparing to "go to the Father" he gave contradictory instructions. What was going on?

Read More

[h=2]Calvin's Election Doesn't Work[/h]Calvinism doesn't work. I tried it, but God forced me away from it. God must not want me to be a Calvinist.

Read More

[h=2]Why Do Bad Things Happen[/h]Too many times God is blamed for the bad things and yet he is rarely thanked for the good things. No matter what happens there is a tendency to ignore God and his gracious provision. This tendency is called rebellion.

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
October 22nd, 2016
[h=2]2016 Ambassadors Seminar Details[/h]The theme for this year's Ambassadors Seminar is Christian Fundamentals. Can there be anything more counter-cultural in a time when the zeitgeist is to buck against anything that sounds institutional, rigid, or authoritative?

Fundamental doctrines of Christianity are flippantly twisted as if it is Christ that must change not the culture. What affect do supposed traditional remnants of organized religion have on mid-Acts right division, the grace message, and the future of Christianity? Answer: Everything!

Without these fundamental doctrines there is no such thing as the Christian faith! There is no need for right division or the mystery of Christ!

Now more than ever we need to fortify the fundamentals of Christianity which are facing attack from within our culture, within the contemporary church, and among so-called grace teachers.

Want to know what are fundamental Christian doctrines? Why they are called fundamental? It's time to reserve your seat at our Ambassadors Seminar and join us for a time of equipping soldiers to stand on the frontlines of service for our Lord Jesus Christ.

For His glory and grace,

Justin "ambassador/soldier" Johnson
[h=2]What Pastors Should Tell You About Anointing[/h]It is not unusual to hear pastors, good ones and the bad ones, the young and the old, the liberal and the conservative claim to have a special anointing from God. Learn the truth about anointing, and rejoice in the position you have in Christ.

Read More

[h=2]The Biggest Fools[/h]There is nothing new about atheism. Neither is it a new thing for fundamentalist preachers to quote Psalm 14:1 while sticking out their tongue and thumbing their noses. Can there be bigger fools? Yes, and they are found in churches.

Read More

[h=2]Three Bible Churches[/h]A large sum of your Bible speaks about one of three separate groups of saints. Three different churches with three different messages.If these churches are rightly divided it will solve much doctrinal confusion in the church today.

Read More

[h=2]Minister of the Circumcision[/h]Jesus was Jewish. He was circumcised the eighth day, he ate kosher food, he kept the feast days, and he followed the law of Moses. Why would anyone think we would follow Jesus in his ministry to the circumcision, instead of Jesus in his ministry to the uncircumcision?

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
November 5th, 2016
[h=2]Is This Election Driving You Mad?[/h]This election is driving people mad. Over half of Americans say it is a major source of stress, and as many blame the election as the cause of being irritable, angry, anxious, and upset. If this election is driving you mad, I want to help.

Read More

[h=2]God vs. the Majority[/h]Voting is not a good way to make right choices. The line goes that if enough people agree then somehow the choice is justified. But haven't we all heard the rumor that the majority is not always right?

Read More

[h=2]What the Lord Requires[/h]The law was given to teach what the Lord requires. When people think the Bible is simply a book telling what God requires, then they are still living under the law. They have missed the gospel of God's grace detailing what God has given us in Christ's finished work.

Read More

[h=2]Should I Speak in Tongues?[/h]Tongue talking was a tool given by God for understanding doctrine. Without understanding speaking in other tongues (languages) becomes performance that serves to puff up the speaker (1 Cor 14:4).

Read More

Jerry Shugart

How can the dispensation of of the grace of God start with Paul if John wrote "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" - John 1:17 -

Simple!

A "dispensation" is in regard to a "stewardship" that is given to man from God in order to carry out a specific task. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace."

The beginning of the dispensation of grace does not mark the time when men began to be saved by grace since from the beginning of time man has been saved by grace through faith.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
December 2nd, 2017
[h=2]The Church God Intended[/h]Ephesians rarely makes it to lists of most popular books in the Bible.

Yet, it is the essential book on the purpose and practice, doctrine and duty, and the mission and manner of the church.

This is why we have spent almost six months studying the book verse by verse, and still have a couple of months left.

The book can be split right down the center. Chapters 1-3 reveal the purpose, doctrine, and mission of the church. Chapters 4-6 detail the practice, duty, and manner of the church.

If the church has lost its vision, or does not seem to be functioning properly then Ephesians may be the right medicine.

Ephesians has been neglected for too long. The modern church is in trouble.

It is no coincidence that many Christians do not know what is the fellowship of the mystery, when churches do not follow the mystery mission described in Ephesians 1-3.

It is no coincidence that laws and politics define Christian activity today, when churches are not teaching the worthy walk in grace and truth according to Ephesians 4-6.

If your church does not frame its purpose and mission around the content of this book, then it is malfunctioning.

Catch up with our lessons on Tuesday from our Ephesians study verse by verse, and discover how God intended the church to function.

Unto Him be glory in the church,

Justin "one member of the body" Johnson
[h=2]Who Said It?[/h]When people become popular assumptions are made about them by people who do not know them well. "He would never do that! He would never say that!" They are shocked that they did not know them as well as they should have. The same applies to popular people in the Bible. How well do you know these people?

Read More

[h=2]Answering a Fool[/h]God's word is true. A fool says you cannot consult God or His book to learn the truth...and Christians foolishly believe them!

Read More

[h=2]Asking for Forgiveness[/h]Is it true we no longer need to ask for forgiveness? If so, why not? Doesn't sin need forgiven? The answer is found in grace freely given.

Read More

[h=2]Audio: Paul and Prophecy[/h]Paul uses prophetic scriptures in his epistles and ministry. Why did Paul quote prophecy, and how does the mystery relate to the prophetic scriptures.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
February 17th, 2018
[h=2]Adorn the Doctrine[/h]While we should never hide, disguise, or water down the gospel which gives us free salvation by grace, we are also instructed to adorn the doctrine in us by our behavior.

Paul says obedience and fidelity adorns the doctrine of God (Titus 2:9-10).

Obedience is a rare trait in a society of proud rebels and independent free thinkers. Fidelity is just as rare among selfish complainers.

We live in a world of disobedience and infidelity. Set yourself apart unto the doctrine of God’s grace working in you.

Obey your husband. Obey your parents. Obey your employer. You say they don’t deserve it? What a perfect time to show God’s grace.

Be faithful to your spouse, your parents, and to your employer. You say they haven’t earned it? What a perfect time to do what’s right and show God’s grace.

We’ve all heard how unbelievers blaspheme God because of unfaithful and disobedient Christian hypocrites.

Shut their mouths, and when you open yours to share the gospel it will be better received.

For His glory,

Justin Curtis Johnson

[h=2]A Rightly Divided Eschatology[/h]Postmillennialists look at prophecy and say things will get better and better in the world. Premillennialists look at prophecy and say things will get worse and worse in the world. Both are looking in the wrong place to see what God is doing in the world.

Read More

[h=2]What is a Youth, Anyway?[/h]If the next generation of the church is to grow at all it will be because we have raised the bar for ourselves and especially the youth.

Read More

[h=2]By Faith and Through Faith[/h]Inevitably, discussing Romans 3:30 involves a gauntlet of word games and definitions. Why is it "by" for the circumcision and "through" for the uncircumcision? Everyone knows there is a difference, but what exactly is it?

Read More

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
March 18th, 2017
[h=2]Manliness is not Godliness[/h]Manliness describes what it means to think like a man.

It is manly to grow more hair on your face than your head.
It is manly to leave the toilet seat up.
It is manly to think every problem can be solved, but not every problem needs to be talked about.
It is manly to think you do not need any help, and can work your way out.

This is how a man thinks.

Godliness describes what it means to think like God. God's thoughts are not man's thoughts.

The way we learn God's thoughts is to hear and study his words, and to talk to him in prayer (Rom 10:17).

Hearing, talking, and not trusting your own strength is not a very manly thing to do. Then again, manliness is not godliness.

The Christian life is found in trading the way we think with how God thinks.

When a man learns this this he will have increased in godliness, and will have made great gain (1 Tim 4:8; 1 Tim 6:6). The same goes for women.

For God's glory and grace,

Justin "still a man" Johnson
[h=2]3 Bad Arguments Against Dispensationalism[/h]I am a dispensationalist, but there is a shelf in my office dedicated to books that oppose dispensational teaching. They are from the other side of the doctrinal aisle. It is good to be aware of your weaknesses, and the best way to identify them is by listening to those who disagree with you, but don't waste your time on bad arguments.

Read More

[h=2]Guilt-Free Preaching[/h]It is no surprise that the Bible is unwelcome in many modern pulpits: it makes people feel much too guilty. The Bible is filled with guilty people and condemning words. Learn what place guilt has in the gospel.

Read More

[h=2]Wrong Testimonies[/h]Sometimes testimonies of salvation are just wrong. By wrong I don't mean unclear and vague which may be wrong because they do not communicate clearly that Christ died for our sins and resurrected for our free justification. This is dangerous.

Read More

[h=2]Audio: Five Points of Calvin, Arminians, and Paul[/h]There are five doctrines unifying the Reformers. There were also five questions that were disputed among the Reformers. John Calvin taught his five answers, and James Arminius responded with five Remonstrants.

Read More