Theology Club: Does the BODY of CHRIST have to CONFESS SINS ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and though many believers quote 1 John 1:9 , that " if we confess our , sins , he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ".

Yet , in Titus 2:14 , Paul has written , " Who gave Himself for us , that He might REDEEM us FROM ALL INIQUITY , and purify unto Himself a peculiar people , zealous of good works !!

When Jesus died on the cross He paid for sins , Past , Present and Future !!

When Jesus said " it is finished " it is in the Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and the Indicative Mood !!

So , why do we have to CONFESS sins today ??

dan p

surrender

Where did Jesus say we don’t have to have a contrite heart before God for our past sins or present sins?

Where is it written that Jesus died for future unrepentant sins?

Titus 2:14 says NOTHING about present unrepentant sins being forgiven. It says nothing about future unrepentant sins being forgiven.

The phrase “it is finished” says NOTHING about unrepentant sins being forgiven.

OMEGA

His Work on the Earth to REVEAL the Father and Build Human Godly Character

was Finished.

Do you Want to prove your Character by being Crucified DanP ????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
I thought that you knew your Scriptures DanP !!

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
----------------------------------------------------

Jas_5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Lev_26:40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

Num_5:7 Then they shall confess their sin which they have done: and he shall recompense his trespass with the principal thereof, and add unto it the fifth part thereof, and give it unto him against whom he hath trespassed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where did Jesus say we don’t have to have a contrite heart before God for our past sins or present sins?

The gospel of grace is revealed through Paul. Go to his letters to learn what salvation is. Because you are unsaved and a hell bound pervert.

Where is it written that Jesus died for future unrepentant sins?

Titus 2:14 says NOTHING about present unrepentant sins being forgiven. It says nothing about future unrepentant sins being forgiven.

The phrase “it is finished” says NOTHING about unrepentant sins being forgiven.

The very fact that you say a "future sin" shows you are carnally minded, which means you have your mind on the flesh and its performance.

Romans 6

6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Those in the Body of Christ can not sin. There is no law or comdemnation.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

And as for your comment about all dying for all sin;

10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

I am free from the law and death. I am a slave to righteousness. But not because of anything I do, but because of what he did.

18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

heir

TOL Subscriber

dan p
You either need to confess your sins that God will forgive you OR your sins are ALREADY forgiven. It's one or the other. It can't be both.

I can tell you right now, my sins are already forgiven and so are yours!

Ephesians 1:7 KJV In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 4:32 KJV And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Colossians 2:13 KJV And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Think about it. All of your sins were in the future when Christ was delivered for your offences after having been made sin for you (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and died on the cross for your sins!

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The Bible calls the good news above, the gospel of Christ and IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth! Romans 1:16 KJV. Believing that gospel which Paul preached is to believe that Christ died for all of your sins. If you think there is something you still need to confess you don't believe your sins have been forgiven. You "believe not" the glorious gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It would be nice if you did that for real. Maybe it would knock some sense into you. I can see why you are fustrated with scripture. You being a devil worshipping monkey and all.

surrender

Because you are unsaved and a hell bound pervert.
I’ve seen you throw this accusation around at others on this board so often, it’s getting predictable and old. Now, it’s one thing to be convicted of a particular doctrine and it’s another thing to falsely convince yourself through that doctrine that you will not be held accountable to God for every careless word that comes out of your mouth. For you see, if I quote Matthew 12:36, you will say, “Ah, but that doesn’t apply to me; it applies to those saved under the gospel of the kingdom. I get to say any nasty, slanderous, hateful thing my wicked thoughts can conjure up and not be held accountable, because I am saved by the gospel of grace.” I feel sorry for you, because if you are, indeed, saved Nick, you will find yourself standing before God as one who has suffered great loss, and saved but only so as through fire (1 Cor. 3:15).

Those in the Body of Christ can not sin. There is no law or comdemnation.
First of all, Paul teaches repentance for all. “God is declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent” (Acts 17:30).

Second of all, Paul tells us that believers can sin and should repent for past sins it they haven’t already, because sorrow according to the will of God produces a repentance to salvation (2 Cor. 7:10).

Paul asks believers to repent for previous sins:

“For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances; I am afraid that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may mourn over many of those who have sinned in the past and not repented of the impurity, immorality and sensuality which they have practiced” (2 Cor. 12:20-21).

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you indeed fail the test” (2 Cor. 13:5).

“Now we pray to God that you do no wrong…but that you may do what is right” (2 Cor. 13:7).

Last edited:

surrender

You either need to confess your sins that God will forgive you OR your sins are ALREADY forgiven. It's one or the other. It can't be both.
First of all, Paul teaches repentance for all. “God is declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent” (Acts 17:30).

Second of all, Paul tells us that believers can sin and should repent for past sins it they haven’t already, because sorrow according to the will of God produces a repentance to salvation (2 Cor. 7:10).

Paul asks believers to repent for previous sins:

“For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances; I am afraid that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may mourn over many of those who have sinned in the past and not repented of the impurity, immorality and sensuality which they have practiced” (2 Cor. 12:20-21).

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you indeed fail the test” (2 Cor. 13:5).

“Now we pray to God that you do no wrong…but that you may do what is right” (2 Cor. 13:7).

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed" (Romans 3:24-25).

DAN P

His Work on the Earth to REVEAL the Father and Build Human Godly Character

was Finished.

Do you Want to prove your Character by being Crucified DanP ????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
I thought that you knew your Scriptures DanP !!

/QUOTE]

Hi , and good that you are responding on this Dispensational sub-forum .

In Eph 1:7 , " In whom we have REDEMPTION through His BLOOD , the FORGIVENESS of SINS , according to the riches of His Grace .

" We have " , ECHO is in the Greek Present Tense , which speaks to the CONTINUOUS Action OF Redeeming .

In Gal 3:13 , " He hath redeemed " is the Greek word EXAGORAZO , and is a Greek compound word !!

EK means " out " !!

GORAZO , means to to " buy " !!

In other words , to buy out of the Market place of Sin , and set free and we are not under the Bondage of Sin any more !!

Hath redeemed , is in the the Past Tense , that happens in the Past !!

dan p

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hi to all , and though many believers quote 1 John 1:9 , that " if we confess our , sins , he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ".

Yet , in Titus 2:14 , Paul has written , " Who gave Himself for us , that He might REDEEM us FROM ALL INIQUITY , and purify unto Himself a peculiar people , zealous of good works !!

When Jesus died on the cross He paid for sins , Past , Present and Future !!

When Jesus said " it is finished " it is in the Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and the Indicative Mood !!

dan p

You are confusing the objective provision for sin and the subjective appropriation. Using your logic, universalism should be true with all being saved because sins are forgiven (past tense).

I Jn. 1:9 is not evangelistic. It is provision for believers if they sin (vs when they sin). It is conditional: if....then....the Bible does not teach forgiveness while sin is persisted in. This is talking about post-conversion sins, not salvation.

Titus does consider the provision of the cross for our sins, but you are reading into it your own pet ideas about blanket forgiveness of all sins, even non-existent future ones. This is Exchanged Life theory, not biblical.

It is finished (cf. Hebrews) refers to the finished work of Christ, a once for all time sacrifice on the cross. It does not address post-conversion sin, future sins, forgiveness, etc. It is talking about the death of Christ, not the forgiveness of individual sins. Past/present/future is a new teaching, not an explicitly biblical one. Your view essentially leads to license to sin.

http://scriptureknowledgebase.blogspot.ca/2010/03/all-past-present-and-future-sins-are.html

Why do we confess sins? This is the normative way to restore intimacy, even in human relationships. Being a believer does not negate this biblical principle. Ps. 32; 51 is OT, but it reflects a heart that stands before a holy God, not your Christian Science-like denial of reality leading to pride and complacency in some cases.

DAN P

godrulz;Titus does consider the provision of the cross for our sins said:
Hi , and there is a verse In Gal 2:20 " I am Crucified with Christ " which is also in the Greek Perfect tense , Passive voice and Indicative Mood .

#1 , " I " is in the First Person singular and all saved people should PUT there names there , " Dan p is crucified with Christ ".

#2 , Salvation is a personal action between God an you !!

#3 , The Passive Voice says that the saving action is by God ONLY and that no man can save you or cause you to be saved !!

#4 , The Perfect Tense means that you were saved in the Past , which is the Aorist Tense !!

#5 , And the second part of the Perfect Tense is the Present Tense whic means that it is a Continuous action !!

#6 , This then means that you can NEVER be resaved AGAIN for the bible nowhere is that Taught , so OSAS !!

#7 , In John 19:30 , His death on the Cross paid for sins one time Only !!

The Perfect Tense , means that Jesus could ONLY die ONCE and never die again , so you have a Dilemma that can never be reconciled !!

dan p

DAN P

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You do not know the nuances of Greek, so don't get over your head. The death of Christ is a once for all thing, but our relationship with Him must persist or it ceases.

DAN P

You do not know the nuances of Greek, so don't get over your head. The death of Christ is a once for all thing, but our relationship with Him must persist or it ceases.

Hi , and where have I gone over my head in Gal 2:20 ?

I know that OMEGA said , where are we Crucified with Christ or something to that effect !!

So , you believe that Jesus died ONLY ONCE ??

It is Finish is also in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood , which means Jesus HAD to pay for sins , PAST , PRESENT and FUTURE !!

So , much for the RCC theology and Pentcostalism , and Covenant theology !!

Gal 2:20 is where it proves the Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood and is Undeniable or godrulz would disprove it , can you ??

At the bottom you have Keith Green saying " no compromise " , but you are a COMPROMISER , by not following Paul as says in 1 Cor 11:1 , Be ye FOLLOWERS of me , even as I also of Christ and Acts 2 , is not following Paul !!

I know that you can not !!

dan p