Theology Club: WHY JEWS AND GENTILES ARE SEPARATE ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and this OP is just one reason that Jews and Gentiles do not Mix !!

In Num 23:7 we the Context , Jacob and defy Israel !!

Verse 9 , For from the top of the rocks I see him , ( sees Israel )

and from the hills I behold him , lo , the people SHALL DWELL ALONE , and SHALL NOT be Reckoned among the NATIONS/GENTILES !!

God had Chosen Israel and not the Gentiles !!

Had given them the Law of Moses !!

Jews and Gentiles were not to DWELL together as verse 9 says !!

Nor are the Gentiles to be Reckoned among the Jews !!

We see why Peter was questioned by fellow Jews when he met with Cornelius in Acts 11:1-3 !!

This will answer many questions about why Peter and Paul , and their Gospels , their Baptisms and the why Acts is confusing to many !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi to all , and this OP is just one reason that Jews and Gentiles do not Mix !!

In Num 23:7 we the Context , Jacob and defy Israel !!

Verse 9 , For from the top of the rocks I see him , ( sees Israel )

and from the hills I behold him , lo , the people SHALL DWELL ALONE , and SHALL NOT be Reckoned among the NATIONS/GENTILES !!

God had Chosen Israel and not the Gentiles !!

Had given them the Law of Moses !!

Jews and Gentiles were not to DWELL together as verse 9 says !!

Nor are the Gentiles to be Reckoned among the Jews !!

We see why Peter was questioned by fellow Jews when he met with Cornelius in Acts 11:1-3 !!

This will answer many questions about why Peter and Paul , and their Gospels , their Baptisms and the why Acts is confusing to many !!

dan p

Hi , and I can say that the 12 are OUT !!

Bradley D

God made the Jews His people to be a light to all nations. They failed to do this by disobedience. God's righteousness has shone through Jesus.

"I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles" (Isaiah 42:6).

Now Gentiles and believing Jews are one in the Kingdom of God.

"For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God" (Ephesians 2:18-19).

OMEGA

In the past the LEVITES had intermarried with gentiles and they stopped
this in deference to the word of Yahweh Jehovah.

DAN P

“Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

Hi and there are many different subjects in Acts 11:18 ?

Did Cornelius , then become a Jew ?

Did Cornelius , then a christian ??

Did Cornelius , then be PLACED into the Body of Christ ??

Is , Repentance , then for today ??

This will be a separate OP , SORRY !!

Will get to it as soon as possible ??

dan p

Last edited:

surrender

Hi and there are many different subjects in Acts 11:18 ?

Did Cornelius , then become a Jew ?
No. Why would he become a Jew?

Did Cornelius , then a christian ??
He became a Christ follower, so, yes, he became a CHRISTian.

Did Cornelius , then be PLACED into the Body of Christ ??
I would say, yes, because Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

Did Repentance , then for today ??
According to Paul, yes.

"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent" (Acts 17:30).

"...kept declaring both to...Jerusalem and...even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance" (Acts 26:20).

DAN P

No. Why would he become a Jew?

He became a Christ follower, so, yes, he became a CHRISTian.

I would say, yes, because Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

According to Paul, yes.

"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent" (Acts 17:30).

"...kept declaring both to...Jerusalem and...even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance" (Acts 26:20).

Hi , and you say that " why become a Jew ".

Reading Acts 10:46 should tell you why Cornelius had to become a Jew and also why he did not have to be Circumcisied as Rom 2:26 reveals !!

dan p

surrender

Hi , and you say that " why become a Jew ".

Reading Acts 10:46 should tell you why Cornelius had to become a Jew
Acts 10:46 says nothing about Cornelius having to become a Jew. On the contrary, Peter informs us that by his mouth the Gentiles would hear the gospel and believe, and that God gives believing Gentiles the Holy Spirit just as He does the believing Jews, making no distinction between Jew and Gentile, cleansing their hearts by faith (Acts 15:7-9).

and also why he did not have to be Circumcisied as Rom 2:26 reveals !!
Cornelius' uncircumcision was regarded as circumcision before Peter came to him to present the gospel (Acts 10:4, 34-35). The official position of the Old Testament is that one must be Jewish to be one of God's people. If you were a Gentile, you were not one of God's people. In Romans 2, Paul sets the record straight—the official position was wrong. He tells them the one who is physically circumcised but not heart circumcised is viewed by God as if uncircumcised and the physically uncircumcised whose heart is circumcised is viewed by God as if circumcised. In other words, Paul is saying that Gentiles who do the Torah that's in their hearts are within God's covenant even though they are not formally members of the covenant people and those who are formally members of the covenant people who do not have the reality of that covenant in their hearts are outside His covenant.

DAN P

Acts 10:46 says nothing about Cornelius having to become a Jew. On the contrary, Peter informs us that by his mouth the Gentiles would hear the gospel and believe, and that God gives believing Gentiles the Holy Spirit just as He does the believing Jews, making no distinction between Jew and Gentile, cleansing their hearts by faith (Acts 15:7-9)..

Hi , so what HOPE does Cornelius now HAVE ??

Earthly OR Heavenly ??

You only have to to pick from the two ??

I say Cornelius had to become a Jew !!

Will you give me a , why not ??

dan p

surrender

/QUOTE] Hi , now produce a verse for the above statement ??

After you read Num 23:9 , you say they are ONE ??

dan p
Romans 15: 8-12 For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: "Therefore I will give praise to you among the Gentiles and I will sing to your name." Again he says, "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people." And again, "Praise the LORD all you Gentiles, and let all the people praise Him." And again Isaiah says, "There shall come the root of Jesse and he who arises to rule over the Gentiles, in him shall the Gentiles hope."

"...you were slain and purchased for God with your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God and they will reign upon the earth" (Rev. 5:9-10)

DAN P

A beautiful kingdom filled with peace, righteousness, and love.

Gentiles share in the blessings of the kingdom without becoming physically circumcised. See post #12.

Hi , and what does Zech 14:16-19 speak of PEACE , but a rod of Iron ,

dan p

Bradley D

/QUOTE]

Hi , now produce a verse for the above statement ??

After you read Num 23:9 , you say they are ONE ?? dan p

"For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God" (Ephesians 2:18-19).

DAN P

Hi , and I believe that Paul here is only speaking about the Body of Christ !!

Are you saying that " but fellowcitizens with the saints " and " and of the household of God " are to separate phrases ??

I , thnk not !!

As , that would be violating Num 23:9 , as Israel will always be separate and THIS time will be the Head and not the Tail !!

dan p