No announcement yet.

WHO is the Bride of Christ ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theology Club: WHO is the Bride of Christ ??

Hi to all , and there are many who say that they are Dispensationalist who say that the all BELIEVERS are the BRIDE of CHRIST !!

Of course , the so-called Acts 2 , BELIEVERS include and say that all are in the Bride of Christ , since there is ONLY one Gospel !!

I DO NOT hold , that we are all the Bride of Christ and am prepared to Defense as to why not !!

Give a verse ??

What say you ??

dan p

Jesus was quite explicit that in heaven they are neither given nor taken in marriage but are as angels.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
      Jesus was quite explicit that in heaven they are neither given nor taken in marriage but are as angels.

Hi , and a EXCELLANT answer as Gal 3:28 , says that we are neither MALE nor FEMALE , in the body of Christ .

Though , I use the Greek to explain , you have given a powerful answer as to why we will never be a Blushing Bride as we are a part of Christ or " in Christ " !!

We are in the minority , but we are right !!

dan p

Comment

Well, I know that Adam was Black and his wife was White
        so here full name must have been Eve Snowhite.

And we know that Noah's wife was Joan Ofark.

So, the Bride of Christ must be Holly Election
        GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA View Post
          Well, I know that Adam was Black and his wife was White
          so here full name must have been Eve Snowhite.

And we know that Noah's wife was Joan Ofark.

So, the Bride of Christ must be Holly Election

Hi , and I will not ask where the verses are for your post !!

So , moving on !!

dan p

Comment

I haven't done a lot of study on this specific topic, and to be frank, I'm not even sure, based on a few of the responses that have been given already, that I even understand for sure what the intended topic is supposed to be, BUT, as asked in the opening post, it would seem to me that it is the nation of Israel, and more specifically, Jews who either believed during the Dispensation of Law or who will believe during the Tribulation period (a.k.a. the continuation and final seven years of that Dispensation) who are the Bride of Christ.

We, on the other hand, who have beleived during the Dispensation of Grace are the Body of Christ.

Now, while this is generally the case, there is some confusion on the issue because of Eph. 5 where Paul plainly states that "the church" is Christ's wife...
            Eph. 5:30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So, who is "the church"?

Some say ALL believers. They could be right! I frankly don't know. Like I said, I haven't studied this issue out in any detail. I look forward to seeing whether anyone here can make a convincing case for a decisive answer to that question.

Resting in Him,
            Clete
            sigpic
            "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

[QUOTE=Clete;3So, who is "the church"?

Some say ALL believers. They could be right! I frankly don't know. Like I said, I haven't studied this issue out in any detail. I look forward to seeing whether anyone here can make a convincing case for a decisive answer to that question.

Resting in Him,
              Clete[/QUOTE]

Hi , and one thing that I have found is that EKKLESIA /ASSEBMLY does not means CHURCH !!

EK , means Out !!

KLESIS means a calling !!

So , EKKLESIA means a called out Aseembly !!

The RCC and its followers are trying to co-opt CHURCH to mean that THEY are the only CHURCH and only they can say what the bible means to say !!

Israel is a called out EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY from Egypt !!

The Body of Christ is also an EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY that are mostly GENTILES and s sprinkling of Jews , Gal 3:28 .

I will have to leave early today and will answer your Eph 5 , passage tomorrow ,

dan p
              Last edited by DAN P; November 14, 2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Just as an aside....

The most irrational interpretation of the word Ekklesia I have ever been exposed to is the notion that the term refers to and ONLY to your local church. That is to say that, in so far as you as an individual believer are concerned, your local church that you are a member of is THE Body of Christ.

I call it the million bodies of Christ theory. Here's a link to a full length exposition of the doctrine (which is held, so far as I know, only by Independent Baptist Churches)...

The Universal Church Theory - WEIGHED IN THE BALANCES AND FOUND WANTING

Resting in Him,
                Clete
                sigpic
                "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Good topic!

I believe there is good reason to perceive Israel as the bride, and grace believers as the body.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                  They already know monsters exist.
                  We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post
                    Just as an aside....

The most irrational interpretation of the word Ekklesia I have ever been exposed to is the notion that the term refers to and ONLY to your local church. That is to say that, in so far as you as an individual believer are concerned, your local church that you are a member of is THE Body of Christ.

I call it the million bodies of Christ theory. Here's a link to a full length exposition of the doctrine (which is held, so far as I know, only by Independent Baptist Churches)...

The Universal Church Theory - WEIGHED IN THE BALANCES AND FOUND WANTING

Resting in Him,
                    Clete

Hi , and even in my Assembly , everyone read and says CHURCH .

It has so been ingrained into to all , that EKKLESIA means church , and will never change !!

Most believe in One Church and One Gospel !!

dan p

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                      Good topic!

I believe there is good reason to perceive Israel as the bride, and grace believers as the body.

Hi , and even some dispensationalist believe that the Body of Christ and Israel are now the same !!

Most believers can not see that Israel and the Body of Christ are separate and distinct and with different HOPES !!

DAN P

Comment

Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                        Hi , and even some dispensationalist believe that the Body of Christ and Israel are now the same !!

Most believers can not see that Israel and the Body of Christ are separate and distinct and with different HOPES !!

DAN P
                        Dan,

How do you understand the rest of the Eph. 5 passage concerning the the bride, the church, the Body, etc.

Do you believe as I do, that Paul is intentionally drawing a distinction between the church and the Body in verse 23?

If so, what are your views on who makes up which group?

Clete
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi to all , and there are many who say that they are Dispensationalist who say that the all BELIEVERS are the BRIDE of CHRIST !!
                          dan p
                          The Bride is Israel. All through the Bible the bride metaphors refer to Israel.

The Body is the Church. The Bride and the Body are two distinct separate entities in Scripture.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                            The Bride is Israel. All through the Bible the bride metaphors refer to Israel.

The Body is the Church. The Bride and the Body are two distinct separate entities in Scripture.

Hi , and you agree , but thro out numbered , many have not read John 3:29 !!

dan p

Comment

DAN P
                              If one has put their "hope" in the very few details of the next age found in Scripture, rather than in God Himself, then one's hope is misplaced.

Those with faith in the God of Messiah Jesus (whether Jew, Gentile, "nation of Israel," whatever you want to label it) have the same hope. He IS our hope. If you've missed that, you've missed too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X