Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARE THE 12 APOSTLES IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by surrender View Post
    Is it your opinion that the body of Christ will continue to "provide function for Christ on earth" in the next age? If not, will the body of Christ discontinue or will the body of Christ have a different function in the next age?

    Hi and some dispensationalists see 2 more dispensations !!

    #1 , There was a dispensation or Age before creation of the world of angels where Lucifer FELL !!

    #2 , Then we see one more in Eph 1:10 , the " Dispensation of Fulness times " .

    #3 , Eph 1:3 , and Eph 2:6 our abode is heavenly , where we are seated in the Heavenly places !!

    So , just where do you want to be ??

    In and earthly sphere or a Heavenly sphere ??

    #4 , Eph 2:7 says some of what Christ will do for us !!

    dan p

    #4 ,
    Last edited by DAN P; November 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
      Hi and some dispensationalists see 2 more dispensations !!

      #1 , There was a dispensation or Age before creation of the world of angels where Lucifer hell !!

      #2 , Then we see one more in Eph 1:10 , the " Dispensation of Fulness times " .
      I don’t know what your point is. Sure, God works in different ways with different creatures/people at different times. So? Everything God does with His own is out of His grace and mercy.

      #3 , Eph 1:3 , and Eph 2:6 our abode is heavenly , where we are seated in the Heavenly places !!
      Eph. 1:3 says the spiritual blessings are “in heavenly places.” The blessings are “in heavenly places” because the blessings are “in Christ.” Same with Eph. 2:6. We are said to be “seated in heavenly places” because we are seated “in Christ.”

      So , just where do you want to be ??
      That’s irrelevant. God will place each of us where He wishes.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by surrender View Post
        I don’t know what your point is. Sure, God works in different ways with different creatures/people at different times. So? Everything God does with His own is out of His grace and mercy.

        Eph. 1:3 says the spiritual blessings are “in heavenly places.” The blessings are “in heavenly places” because the blessings are “in Christ.” Same with Eph. 2:6. We are said to be “seated in heavenly places” because we are seated “in Christ.”

        That’s irrelevant. God will place each of us where He wishes.

        Hi , BUT IT RELEVANT , not because I believe it , BUT because of the Verses quoted in Eph 1:10 and Eph 2:6-7 !!

        You have the Privilege TO BE WRONG !!

        DAN P

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DAN P View Post
          Hi , BUT IT RELEVANT , not because I believe it , BUT because of the Verses quoted in Eph 1:10 and Eph 2:6-7 !!

          You have the Privilege TO BE WRONG !!

          DAN P
          No, it's not relevant where I want to be. It doesn't matter at all where I want to be. That is up to God.

          As far as "where" God says I will be in the next age, it will be wherever Christ dwells, for I am part of his body. It really doesn't matter to me if my surroundings are made up a restored earth, a restored heaven (Rev. 21:1), a heavenly palace or a stinky dump, as long as I am present with the Lord. I am not concerned about what my surroundings will look like. I am not concerned if someone gets more rewards than me. I am not concerned if someone has a better role to play in the next age than me. I care about living in the presence of Messiah Jesus and his God.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by surrender View Post
            No, it's not relevant where I want to be. It doesn't matter at all where I want to be. That is up to God.

            As far as "where" God says I will be in the next age, it will be wherever Christ dwells, for I am part of his body. It really doesn't matter to me if my surroundings are made up a restored earth, a restored heaven (Rev. 21:1), a heavenly palace or a stinky dump, as long as I am present with the Lord. I am not concerned about what my surroundings will look like. I am not concerned if someone gets more rewards than me. I am not concerned if someone has a better role to play in the next age than me. I care about living in the presence of Messiah Jesus and his God.

            Hi and you have not EVEN come close to addressing , " are the 12 IN or are the 12 OUT , BUT I see hope when God lets ME teach DISPENSATIONALISM 101 , YOU WILL BE THERE ,

            It is RELEVANT , as God has just revealed what He will do , and all believers will be trophies of His Grace Eph 2:7 !!

            Keep studying brother ,

            DAN P

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DAN P View Post
              Hi and you have not EVEN come close to addressing , " are the 12 IN or are the 12 OUT , BUT I see hope when God lets ME teach DISPENSATIONALISM 101 , YOU WILL BE THERE ,
              I spoke in regards to this in post #8 and #13. Here’s the deal, though. Whether the 12 are “technically” in the body of Christ or not or whether all the redeemed of all ages are in the body of Christ or not (that is, if the body is a discreet entity), we are ALL ultimately the people of God. God has been working with people in different ways over the ages, and we each have played and will continue to play various roles in this age and in the age to come according to God’s will. Some of our roles are similar and some very different. From what I can tell, both Peter and Paul partake in the blessings of the new covenant, both are born again, and both find their salvation in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

              Explain to me why it’s important to know if Peter is “technically” part of the body of Christ or not. What difference does it make?

              It is RELEVANT
              No, my desires are irrelevant. God will do what He will do. Even so, I'm more concerned with WHO I'll be with rather than WHERE I'll be.

              , as God has just revealed what He will do , and all believers will be trophies of His Grace Eph 2:7 !!
              Eph. 2:7 says nothing about where (i.e. location) I will be in the next age. In the next age and the next and next (i.e. ages to come), God will show the riches of His grace and kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. So, wherever we going to be, it sure sounds very nice.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by surrender View Post
                I spoke in regards to this in post #8 and #13. Here’s the deal, though. Whether the 12 are “technically” in the body of Christ or not or whether all the redeemed of all ages are in the body of Christ or not (that is, if the body is a discreet entity), we are ALL ultimately the people of God. God has been working with people in different ways over the ages, and we each have played and will continue to play various roles in this age and in the age to come according to God’s will. Some of our roles are similar and some very different. From what I can tell, both Peter and Paul partake in the blessings of the new covenant, both are born again, and both find their salvation in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

                Explain to me why it’s important to know if Peter is “technically” part of the body of Christ or not. What difference does it make?

                No, my desires are irrelevant. God will do what He will do. Even so, I'm more concerned with WHO I'll be with rather than WHERE I'll be.

                Eph. 2:7 says nothing about where (i.e. location) I will be in the next age. In the next age and the next and next (i.e. ages to come), God will show the riches of His grace and kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. So, wherever we going to be, it sure sounds very nice.

                Hi , and why is it important you say ???

                You do not see , that Gen 1:1 , God said He made the HEAVENS ( that there are to be Heavenly people )

                and that then He made the EARTH ( or Earthly people ) .


                It is sad that most do not see that Israel will Inherit the Earth and the Body of Christ will be SHOWCASED throughtout the Universe , where Christ will SHOW His Exceeding riches of His GRACE in Kindness toward us through Christ Jesus . Eph 2:7 .

                All believers should understand what we have in " in Christ " and not poosh poo it when you do not understand your position in Christ !!



                Is salvation by Grace important ?

                Is Eternal life inportant ??

                Is the Trinity important ??

                Is the DEPARTURE/RAPTURE important ??

                Any comment on Eph 2:7 will have to wait since you do not see any significane and it deserves it's on OP , SORRY !!

                DAN P

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                  Hi , and why is it important you say ???

                  You do not see , that Gen 1:1 , God said He made the HEAVENS ( that there are to be Heavenly people )

                  and that then He made the EARTH ( or Earthly people ) .

                  It is sad that most do not see that Israel will Inherit the Earth and the Body of Christ will be SHOWCASED throughtout the Universe , where Christ will SHOW His Exceeding riches of His GRACE in Kindness toward us through Christ Jesus .Eph 2:7 .
                  Eph. 2:5-7 does not say that the body of Christ will be showcased throughout the universe. It says that by God’s mercy, He made us alive with Christ, raised us up with him and seated us in the heavenlies in Christ so that God might show His grace toward us in Christ in ages to come. In other words, God saves sinners so that He can put His grace and mercy on display continuously for all eternity. God also gave grace to Adam, Noah, Moses, David and Peter. They did not earn God’s grace. God saves those sinners so that He can put His grace and mercy on display continuously for all eternity.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by surrender View Post
                    Eph. 2:5-7 does not say that the body of Christ will be showcased throughout the universe. It says that by God’s mercy, He made us alive with Christ, raised us up with him and seated us in the heavenlies in Christ so that God might show His grace toward us in Christ in ages to come. In other words, God saves sinners so that He can put His grace and mercy on display continuously for all eternity. God also gave grace to Adam, Noah, Moses, David and Peter. They did not earn God’s grace. God saves those sinners so that He can put His grace and mercy on display continuously for all eternity.

                    Hi , and thanks for aggreeing with me , even when you think you disagree , keep asking question , for you are my TEACHING AID to all , about dispensationalism !!

                    dan p

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                      Hi , and thanks for aggreeing with me , even when you think you disagree , keep asking question , for you are my TEACHING AID to all , about dispensationalism !!

                      dan p
                      You seem to misunderstand. What I am not agreeing to is that the Body of Christ is some kind of trophy to be shown off to those supposedly saved according to the "gospel of the kingdom," as if they, too, are not saved by the grace of God.

                      What I am agreeing to is that because God saves sinners (of which all men are), His grace will be evident throughout eternity. You said the body of Christ will be showcased. I disagree. It is God’s grace that is showcased, not the body of Christ.

                      Eph. 2:5-7 says that God saves sinners so that God can continue to show His grace towards us for all ages to come.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by surrender;Eph. 2:5-7 says that God saves sinners so that God can [I
                        continue[/I] to show His grace towards us for all ages to come.

                        Hi , and in Eph 2:7 , there is the verb for " show " , ENDEIKNUMI , which means to ;

                        #1 , to point out , point out to who?

                        #2 , Show forth , show forth to who ?

                        #3 , Show , show to who ?

                        #4 , TO Demonstrate , demonstrate to who?

                        #5 , To Manifest , mansfest to who ?

                        #6 , To Display , to display to who?

                        #7 , To Prove , prove to who ??

                        This verb is in the Greek Middle Voice and means that God is doing this for Himself .

                        The verb EXCEEDING / HYPERBALLO , is in the Present Tense , which means that God will be " showcasing " the Body of Christ Continnually for ever in all the Universe , I believe to all His Creation .

                        dan p

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                          Hi , and in Eph 2:7 , there is the verb for " show " , ENDEIKNUMI , which means to ;

                          #1 , to point out , point out to who?

                          #2 , Show forth , show forth to who ?

                          #3 , Show , show to who ?

                          #4 , TO Demonstrate , demonstrate to who?

                          #5 , To Manifest , mansfest to who ?

                          #6 , To Display , to display to who?

                          #7 , To Prove , prove to who ??

                          This verb is in the Greek Middle Voice and means that God is doing this for Himself .
                          Right. And “show” means “demonstrate.” If God is going to demonstrate His grace "in ages to come," that means He is going to continue to give grace for all eternity. We live under grace now and we will love under grace then.

                          The verb EXCEEDING / HYPERBALLO , is in the Present Tense , which means that God will be " showcasing " the Body of Christ Continnually for ever in all the Universe , I believe to all His Creation .
                          That’s not what Eph. 2:5-7 says, not quite, anyway. God “made us alive with Christ so that He might show the riches of His grace in ages to come.” He is displaying His grace. His grace is on showcase. That’s why God saved sinners—so He could manifest His grace. It’s all about God. It’s not about us. Yes, we are the recipients of His grace, but it’s not “us” who's on display; it’s God and His grace that are on display continually forever in all the universe to all His creation.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by surrender View Post
                            Right. And “show” means “demonstrate.” If God is going to demonstrate His grace "in ages to come," that means He is going to continue to give grace for all eternity. We live under grace now and we will love under grace then.

                            That’s not what Eph. 2:5-7 says, not quite, anyway. God “made us alive with Christ so that He might show the riches of His grace in ages to come.” He is displaying His grace. His grace is on showcase. That’s why God saved sinners—so He could manifest His grace. It’s all about God. It’s not about us. Yes, we are the recipients of His grace, but it’s not “us” who's on display; it’s God and His grace that are on display continually forever in all the universe to all His creation.

                            Hi , and you still do not understand , WHATEVER !!

                            DAN P

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                              Hi , and you still do not understand , WHATEVER !!

                              DAN P
                              Not a very articulate rebuttal.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by surrender View Post
                                Not a very articulate rebuttal.

                                Hi , and when you advance into Pauline truth , you will be more ARTICULATE !!!

                                DAN P

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X