Saul's BAPTISM ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theology Club: Saul's BAPTISM ??

Hi to all , and how many times was SAUL BAPTIZO / PLACED /PLACED INTO !!

I see 2 times , ONE in Acts 9:6 referenced in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

The other SECOND ONE in Acts 9:17 !!

Pitfalls to avoid are : If SAUL was not BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body that is referenced in 1 Cor 12 :13 , THEN when did it happen ??

The other one in Acts 9:17 where the Greek Article ( THE ) is not in the Greek text , and that makes a big difference !!

It looks like to BAPTISMS , but are they 2 different BAPTIZO/BAPTISMS ??

What say you ??

DAN P

How many threads do we need on the same subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Hi , explain how that they are the SAME ??

DAN P

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Hi , and when you see in Acts 9:17, you say that SAUL was Water Baptized , as part of his Salvation ??

What is your interpretation of verse 17 " and be FILLED with Holy Spirit ??

Why is the Greek Article ( the ) not in the Greek Text , because that changes the Interpretation of verse 17 !!

Then in verse 18 , " and he received sight Forthwith and Arose , and was BAPTIZO " which does not ALWAYS mean Water !!

dan p

Comment

Originally posted by DAN P View Post
          The other SECOND ONE in Acts 9:17 !!

Pitfalls to avoid are : If SAUL was not BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body that is referenced in 1 Cor 12 :13 , THEN when did it happen ??

The other one in Acts 9:17 where the Greek Article ( THE ) is not in the Greek text , and that makes a big difference !!

It looks like to BAPTISMS , but are they 2 different BAPTIZO/BAPTISMS ??

What say you ??

DAN P

Hi and someone from the thread , DID THIS HAPPEN TO PAUL , that I did not answer Acts 9:17 at all .

I did , but I guess he did not look and see IF the Greek Article ( the ) in used in Acts 9:17 .

My KJV reads in verse 17 , thr Lord has sent me , that thou mightest receive thy sight abd be FILLED with the Holy Spirit .

Then in verse 18 , the scales fell from his eyes and received sight forthwith and AROSE and was BAPTIZO /GIVEN !!

Verse 17 says what SAUL was Given !!

#1 , Verse 17 , says that SAUL was FILLED !!

#2 , Was SAUL " FILLED " with Water ??

#3 , Notice that the Greek Article ( THE ) is Not in the Greek Text !!

#4 , It , should then read , " FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT " !!

#5 , The Greek Article ( THE ) does point to a Specific Thing !!

#6 , What SAUL was FILLED with is the Power of the Holy Spirit !!

#7 , There are ONLY 2 BAPTIZOS /BAPTISMS today , BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body of Christ !!

#8 , The one Remaining BAPTIZO/GIVEN /FILLED with the Holy Spirit is in Eph 5:18 , BUT be FILLED by SPIRIT !!

When the Greek Article ( the ) is used , it speaks to the Indwelling Person of the Holy Spirit , as many book have been written by Bullinger and a booklet by Robert C Brock on the Article " the " !!

dan p

Comment

Working...
          X