For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm glad tetelestai pointed out Galatians 2:12 so I can correct my statement. I meant: "Show me anywhere else where Peter was sent to the Gentiles." As part of his Matthew 28 commission, he was to go into the world. But the plan was that he (with the apostles) wouldn't make it out of the cities of Israel until the Son of Man would return (Matt. 10:23). Then, as part of his commission and as part of the national priesthood, he would go to the nations. That's why he was very reluctant to go to Cornelius' house, even though God was telling him directly to do so. Going to a Gentile at that point (before the return of the Son of Man) was, according to prophecy, out of due time. He even said it was unlawful for him to be there (Acts 10:28).

So Peter wasn't sent to the Gentiles referenced in Gal. 2:12 to preach the gospel. Acts 10 is the only place where we're told he was sent to do that, and it was to prepare a testimony (unknown to him at the time) that would be a defense for Paul in Acts 15. Peter's commission was to preach the gospel of the circumcision.

Thanks,
Randy

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm glad tetelestai pointed out Galatians 2:12 so I can correct my statement. I meant: "Show me anywhere else where Peter was sent to the Gentiles." As part of his Matthew 28 commission, he was to go into the world. But the plan was that he (with the apostles) wouldn't make it out of the cities of Israel until the Son of Man would return (Matt. 10:23). Then, as part of his commission and as part of the national priesthood, he would go to the nations. That's why he was very reluctant to go to Cornelius' house, even though God was telling him directly to do so. Going to a Gentile at that point (before the return of the Son of Man) was, according to prophecy, out of due time. He even said it was unlawful for him to be there (Acts 10:28).

So Peter wasn't sent to the Gentiles referenced in Gal. 2:12 to preach the gospel. Acts 10 is the only place where we're told he was sent to do that, and it was to prepare a testimony (unknown to him at the time) that would be a defense for Paul in Acts 15. Peter's commission was to preach the gospel of the circumcision.

Thanks,
Randy
Peter and James sent apostles and prophets down to Antioch, one of them Barnabas went and fetched Paul....Paul was submitted to the Jerusalem assembly

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter and James sent apostles and prophets down to Antioch, one of them Barnabas went and fetched Paul....Paul was submitted to the Jerusalem assembly
Thanks, Totton. Not sure I see the tie-in to my post to which you're responding, though.

SaulToPaul 2

That's why he was very reluctant to go to Cornelius' house, even though God was telling him directly to do so. Going to a Gentile at that point (before the return of the Son of Man) was, according to prophecy, out of due time.

Great point.

The "Great Commission" was to play out like this:

The apostles go over the cities of Israel, the Lord returns, the Israel that believed the apostles' message is saved, and then Israel goes into all the world (in the Millenium), baptizing, making disciples, teaching them to observe all things the Lord had commanded them.

Peter's unwillingness to go to Cornelius was not "Jewish baggage", Peter knew that it was out of order regarding prophecy and the kingdom program. Of course he did not understand yet that God had raised up Paul to preach salvation to Gentiles through the fall of Israel (part of the mystery hidden in the scriptures).

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:up: Thanks. That is what I suspected as well. The sheep metaphors are scattered through the old testament and the four gospels and they are always in reference to Israel. I did find one case though where he still talking to the Jews, but it could apply to all who follow Christ--the Sheep and the goats illustration.

Matthew 25: 32-46
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The shepherding illustration is used because He is talking to a Jewish audience.
Good point, Inzl.

The sheep and goats metaphor in Matthew 25 is related to Genesis 12, where God told Abram:
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Gen. 12:3​
The sheep are those that in some way blessed the nation that had come from Abraham. The goats were those that that cursed them (which apparently included simply refusing to help them in need).

Thanks for bringing out that point.

Randy

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, but what's the difference in the dispensations?

Under the New Covenant, God will write the law on the hearts of Israel, and cause them to keep his statues. That means they won't covet. Guess what. We do covet. We are not in the New Covenant. But we will get a glorified body they will.

Krsto

Under the New Covenant, God will write the law on the hearts of Israel, and cause them to keep his statues. That means they won't covet. Guess what. We do covet. We are not in the New Covenant. But we will get a glorified body they will.

So is this New Covenant you speak of something that will only take place in heaven or on earth in a system of things radically different from what anyone has experienced for the last 2000 years, such as a Millenium, and is only available to Jews?

john w

Hall of Fame
:up: Thanks. That is what I suspected as well. The sheep metaphors are scattered through the old testament and the four gospels and they are always in reference to Israel. I did find one case though where he still talking to the Jews, but it could apply to all who follow Christ--the Sheep and the goats illustration.

Matthew 25: 32-46
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The shepherding illustration is used because He is talking to a Jewish audience.

John 21:15-17
15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Peter is being instructed to minister to the people of Israel. Peter's ministry was mostly to the Jews. The only exception was Cornelius. Paul's was to the Gentiles.

After the four gospels here are the sheep metaphors.

1. Acts 8:32 - The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: - This is Jesus Himself being the sacrificial Lamb.

2. Romans 8:36 - As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. - I rather suspect Paul is sharing from his Jewish perspective the suffering he and the converts to Christianity go through.

3. Hebrews 13:20 - Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, - specifically written to Jews.

1 Peter 2:25 - For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. - Peter's ministry is to Jewish converts to Christianity. In this letter he uses a lot of Jewish terminology.

These are the only ones I could find. I may have missed some. The metaphor for the Church is The Body of Christ. Today churches tend to get the metaphors mixed up and the Bible becomes clear as mud. Keeping them straight also makes books like Revelation easier to understand. ;)

Now I am going to go look at john w's post

:up: Very good post. You have an excellent grasp of scripture. Lets add you to my list of people I get to ask bible questions.

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:.” Romans 15:8

“Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof..” Mt. 21:43

“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Survey Israels' program during "the gospels"and early Acts:: Daniel 2:44, Mt. 3:1,7, Mark 1:14,15

As result of the nation's rejection of the Messiah, according to prophesy, the stage was set for the "final stage" of the Prophetic Program, before the long awaited, and prophesied, kingdom of heaven upon the earth,over and over in the NT(of which Solomon was a type), at the time of the Lord's return when the 70th week of Daniel's time schedule will be fulfilled. During the "4 gospels", it was said to be "at hand.,".In the time to come, it will be "nigh at hand."(Luke 21:30.) When the time schedule is finally complete, it will finally "come":
"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Mt.
6:10

"And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.." Luke 11:2

The Acts 2 saints being ministered are the long prophesied faithful remnant of Israel. This remnant is contrasted with apostate nation of Israel, who will be purged out during the Lord's day of wrath, per the Prophetic Program(not the Mystery Program). The Lord's day of wrath is a running theme through the Holy Bible, and the nation of Israel was very close to having their program fulfilled when the Lord Jesus Christ arrived as Jehovahjireh(Gen. 22:14)-the Redeemer who would provide.

And the inheritance of that election., the "little flock", who are called out in fulfillment of prophesy?:

"Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all. And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there. And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me." Is. 65:8-10

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Mt. 5:5

"Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." Mt. 21:43 "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32).

"And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem." Micah 4:7,8

"Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in." Is. 26:2

In accorandance with the promises, the faithful remnant that was to inherit the promises would be prepared to endure the time of "Jacob's trouble"(Jer. 30:7, Gen. 32:7), in the absence of the Lord Jesus Christ(Mt. 24). As the "little flock", they were to receive certain benefits, "power from on high", the promised Holy Ghost baptism, performed by the Lord Jesus Christ, prior to the wrath of the baptism with fire arrived( Mt. 3:7,11). The inheritance that this kingdom, “little flock” church receives through the New Covenant is that which has long been promised to Israel. Study the covenants! The “New Testament Church," according to prophecy, is inextricably linked to a program that is tied to a piece of land-land, baby. I.e., that church is under the ministry of the circumcision whereby the “promises made unto the fathers”(Rom. 15:8) are being confirmed.

“And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. … As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD..” Ez. 36:27,28,38

“Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.” Jer. 23:2,3

“Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.” Jer. 31:10

‘I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.” Micah 2:12

Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old. According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.” Micah 7:14,15

“He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young..” Is. 40:11

“But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?” Is. 63:10,11

“As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.” Is. 59:21

“Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.” Psalms 80:1

“And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.” Zech. 9:16

“Mine anger was kindled against the shepherds, and I punished the goats: for the LORD of hosts hath visited his flock the house of Judah, and hath made them as his goodly horse in the battle.” Zech. 10:3

“And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.” Zech. 11:7

Thus, as we return “ the holy flock”, Ez. 36:38, in her “solemn feasts”, we understand partially what the feast of Pentecost represents, and its significance as pertaining to Israel’s prophetic program. As the Lord Jesus Christ departs and returns to the heavenly places, the faithful remnant, that is called by His name, will be the recipients of the NC ministry of the Holy Ghost, as they function as the “firstfruits” of the righteous, “born again” nation that will inherit the kingdom when it “comes” at the Son of Man’s(title of the Lord Jesus Christ used strictly with Israel)return at the end of the 70th week of Daniel. As that minister of the circumcision, the Lord Jesus Christ is dealing with the fulfillment of Israel’s program, as meticiously layed out, in detail, in the Law and the Prophets. As the Messiah, the Christ, He has a clear, unambiguous ministry to fulfill, and He does so perfectly, as the perfect God/man, as the perfect and righteous servant of the LORD God.

And thus, as He functioned as the redeemer, during Passover, thereby fulfilling His name to Israel as “Jehovahjireh:”(Gen. 22:14), likewise, so He would also begin to fulfill His name at Pentecost, and fulfill His role as the “Shepherd”- Jehovah Raah , as He provided for them(explaining selling everything in early Acts)as the “little flock”, the “nation”(“Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.”-Mt. 21:43) would be baptized with fire and “endured” the coming “time of Jacob’s trouble”(notice, Jacob, not Israel-another thread). In connection with the special ministry of the Holy Ghost, they would be empowered, “power from on high”, to enable them to “endure” that time of tribulation. These are the things that concern their “election” as the “holy flock” in her solemn feasts, as they began to partake of the promised New Covenant ministry of the Holy Ghost,a foretaste of the spiritual blessing s awaiting them in the upcoming millennial kingdom, to the nation where they were no longer a part of the rebellious, apostate unbelieving element, but were called out(called out ones=”church”), and were now identified as “His people”, just as He promised to them all throughout the Prophets, the gospels, in connection with bringing them under the NC. However, unlike the rest the nation, that would be purged out in the Great Tribulation, “His servants” would be provided for at that time, and have the opportunity for various deliverances, during a time when the earth would find itself in the Day of the LORD God’s wrath, according tp prophecy. Survey the Psalms that describes these events.

In accordance with the prophetic program, following the Lord Jesus Christ’s role/work as the Redeemer, in Psalms 22, the following Psalm 23, states, declares:

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want…. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” Psalms 23:1,6

“Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all. And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there. And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me. But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number. Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:” Is. 65:8-13

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So is this New Covenant you speak of something that will only take place in heaven or on earth in a system of things radically different from what anyone has experienced for the last 2000 years, such as a Millenium, and is only available to Jews?

John W offered up your answer. Namely things I would have said regarding the kingdom on earth.

Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excellent exhaustive post on Israel in prophecy, John. I wish I could rep you again. :up:

Zeke

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." Jn 10:16

This is a reference to Israel, the sheep of the dispersion, and is a reference to the re-uniting of the northern kingdom, Israel(10 tribes), and and the southern kingdoms, Samaria(the tribes of Joseph and Ephraim). The Jews were always referred to as sheep.

"Israel is a scattered sheep..." Jer. 50:17- see also Is. 40:11, 63:11;Luke 12:32(all Jews-no Gentiles); Psalms 44:11, 78:52, 80:1; Ez. 34:11-12 ;Zech. 13:7-9 and on and on and on......

"In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten. My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace. All that found them have devoured them: and their adversaries said, We offend not, because they have sinned against the LORD, the habitation of justice, even the LORD, the hope of their fathers." Jer. 50:4-7

"The Lord GOD, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him." Is. 56:8

"The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions(Benjamin and Levi-my comment): And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in t! hine han d. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all." Ezekiel 37:15-22

"For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." 1 Peter 2:25

And who is the "ye" Peter is writing to? The dispersia-Jews, never Gentiles:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia..." 1 Peter 1:1

"The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me." Lev. 25:23

Prophecy/warning of this dispersia:

"The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth." Deut. 28:25

"Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?" Jn 7:35=Jews dispersed abroad among the Gentile nations.

"... had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen..." Acts 1:2 -Jews-no Gentiles

"And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)..." Acts 1:13-15 -Jews, no Gentiles

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." This is the same "they" of Acts 1:26-Jews-no Gentiles.

PENTECOST was a JEWISH feast day. These are THE DISPERSIA.

Pentecost was a JEWISH Feast. You HAD TO BE JEWISH to participate in this obligation. A Gentile could only be included if he was a proselyte.

"And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven...." Acts 2:5 Jews-no Gentiles

"Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God." Acts 2:9-11 =the dispersia of Jews scattered abroad. Pentecost was one of the feasts mandated by the Law of Moses(the other being Passover and Tabernacles), where every every male JEW had to attend in Jerusalem. This explains why the big crowd! This was a mandatory JEWISH feast day=NO GENTILES ALLOWED!

Peter, as late as Acts 10:28, would have no company with any Gentile:

"And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean..."

This was part of the Law of Moses-JEWS were to be SEPARATE from the heathen nations=GENTILES. Hence, the meaning of a"holy" nation=separated by the LORD God for service to be the vessel,or channel of God to reveal the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to the heathen nations:

" Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. " Ex. 19:5,6

"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people. Lev. 20:! 23-24 =SEPARATION=HOLINESS

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." Deut. 7:6, 14:2, 26:18-19

Acts 2:38 "every one of you" ARE JEWS.

Peter addressed in Acts:

"ye men of Judea" 2:14 JEWS mandated to come to Jerusalem for Pentecost
"ye men of Israel" 2:22 " " "
"men and brethren" 2:29

Peter would not be "caught dead" associating with a Gentile-he is referring to his fellow Jews:

"let all the house of Israel" 2:36

Acts 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call."

This is a reference to the COVENANTS promised to the JEWS all throughout the OT. Gentiles had no covenant promises:

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises..." Romans 9:4

"Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers..." Romans 15:8

The circumcision were Jews. The fathers were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And Romans 15:8 explains :

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Mt. 10:5-6

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Mt. 15:24

"afar off" is a reference to the dispersia scattered abroad:

"O LORD, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee." Daniel 9:7

The Gentile condition:

"That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world..." Eph. 2:12

They had no hope under the old covenant without coming through Israel, they had hope under the Abrahamic covenant when faith came Galatians 3:25-29, Galatians 3:8.
The no hope was temporal under the law, but ! the prophets foreseen God calling out from among the Gentiles a people for His name Acts 15:14-15. And we read about the kingdom hope being addressed by Paul in Romans 15:10, which was prophetic kingdom hope concerning the partaking Gentiles of the remnant Romans 15:27, the body Paul was part of was all within the scope of Acts 26:22 during the Acts period, and the mystery of Romans 16:25;26 was also within that perspective "until after" that hope was set aside which wasn't mid acts seeing Paul and Barnabas were set aside "together by the Spirit" Acts 13:2, to preach the sure mercies of David Acts 13:34.

Grace, Zeke.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okey dokey, I have finished reading this thread, but I'm still unclear on a couple of points.
(And it may actually vary among MADist.)
But I'm looking for the general consensus.

When do the circumcision saints receive resurrection into eternal glorified bodies? Before or after their inherited millennium kingdom?

Thanks.

SaulToPaul 2

Okey dokey, I have finished reading this thread, but I'm still unclear on a couple of points.
(And it may actually vary among MADist.)
But I'm looking for the general consensus.

When do the circumcision saints receive resurrection into eternal glorified bodies? Before or after their inherited millennium kingdom?

Thanks.

If Randy doesn't mind me answering,

at the Second Coming, before the Millennium.

Tico

If Randy doesn't mind me answering,

at the Second Coming, before the Millennium.

I think this would support that position.

Daniel 12:1 “At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Tribulation.
Resurrection of the circumcision saints.
Kingdom.