Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The gospel which Paul preached to the Jews was promised beforehand by the OT prophets:
    "Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning His Son..." (Ro.1:1).
    The gospel of God is the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead as Romans 1:1-4 KJV declares. I believe it is the faith the Romans already had (Romans 1:8 KJV). What's surprising about your comment above is that Romans was written to Gentiles, not Jews (Romans 1:13 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV). Although, if you want to really get technical, they were Gentiles "called a Jew" (Romans 2:17 KJV)!

    The gospel of God is not the gospel of Christ which is the WHY of the cross!

    1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

    1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

    1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

    It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth

    Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

    And look who it was to, above!

    And again, if you want to get technical, the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV) is the same good news that "Christ died for our sins" and "that He was buried" and "and that He rose again the third day"- an extension of the same good news (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), but not a mystery/"wisdom of God in a mystery" (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) that is also "according to the scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV), but a mystery hid in God(Ephesians 3:9 KJV) and not "to the Jew first and also to the Greek" (Romans 1:16 KJV), but to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)!

    So while you have Paul preaching two gospels,
    Two different gospels, one based on prophecy and the other kept secret.
    he actually/technically, preached three!
    Last edited by heir; May 26th, 2015, 10:49 PM.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

    Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by heir View Post
      he actually/technically, preached three!
      Then please give me the content of each of those gospels and where they can be found in the Scriptures.

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
        Then please give me the content of each of those gospels and where they can be found in the Scriptures.

        Thanks!
        I already did
        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

        Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by heir View Post
          I already did
          Let me explain the "content" of the two gospels of which I spoke of and perhaps then you will know what I mean when I use the word "content."

          Now the word "gospel" means good news. So let us look at this verse with that in mind:
          "For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).

          The "good news" that was preached to the Jews first is the message that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

          And the belief in that "good news" is life and salvation:
          "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).

          The good news which was preached to the Greeks and the Gentiles is this message:
          "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1Cor.1:1-4).

          Here Paul says that this gospel saved them.

          Now you speak of a third gospel. Please tell me the "content" of that third gospel. In other words, the "content" of the gospel which was first preached to the Jews was the message that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that content brought salvation.

          Again, what was the "content" of the third Gospel of which you speak?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
            Let me explain the "content" of the two gospels of which I spoke of and perhaps then you will know what I mean when I use the word "content."

            Now the word "gospel" means good news. So let us look at this verse with that in mind:
            "For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).

            The "good news" that was preached to the Jews first is the message that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

            And the belief in that "good news" is life and salvation:
            "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).

            The good news which was preached to the Greeks and the Gentiles is this message:
            "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1Cor.1:1-4).

            Here Paul says that this gospel saved them.

            Now you speak of a third gospel. Please tell me the "content" of that third gospel. In other words, the "content" of the gospel which was first preached to the Jews was the message that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that content brought salvation.

            Again, what was the "content" of the third Gospel of which you speak?
            You've got it wrong! The gospel of Christ is not the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead. That's the gospel of God (Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

            The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross; that Christ died for "our" sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It was a mystery hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures") until revealed to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). The audience of the "our" being those in the commonwealth of Israel (Jews, Jewish proselytes called Jews and Greeks). These are two whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV) until the remnant according to the elction of grace was gathered (Romans 1:1-5 KJV, Acts 28:24-31 KJV)!

            The gospel of the grace of God is the same good news as the gospel of Christ; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day, but not just the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom/a mystery "according to the scriptures", but a mystery hid in God/the manifold wisdom of God (Ephesians 3:9-10 KJV). It is the glorious news that Christ not only died for some men's sins, but ALL MEN's sins (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) including that of Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)!

            2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

            2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

            2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
            2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

            Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by heir View Post
              You've got it wrong! The gospel of Christ is not the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead. That's the gospel of God (Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

              The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross; that Christ died for "our" sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It was a mystery hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures") until revealed to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). The audience of the "our" being those in the commonwealth of Israel
              The gospel or good news concerning the purpose of the Cross, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus," was not preached to the Jews first, as you imagine.

              If you still think that you are right then just give me one instance where that message was preached to the Jews before it was preached to the Gentiles.

              (Jews, Jewish proselytes called Jews and Greeks). These are two whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV) until the remnant according to the elction of grace was gathered (Romans 1:1-5 KJV, Acts 28:24-31 KJV)!
              The first bit of good news which Paul preached to the Jews is this:
              "And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).

              The gospel of the grace of God is the same good news as the gospel of Christ; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day, but not just the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom/a mystery "according to the scriptures", but a mystery hid in God/the manifold wisdom of God (Ephesians 3:9-10 KJV).
              Again, show me where the message that Christ died for our sins was preached to the Jews before it was to the Gentiles.

              Besides that, you failed to give me the "content" of the third gospel of which you spoke.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                Again, show me where the message that Christ died for our sins was preached to the Jews before it was to the Gentiles.
                Romans 1:16 KJV
                2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                  The first bit of good news which Paul preached to the Jews is this:
                  "And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).
                  Of course Paul preached the WHO of Jesus Christ. The foundation Paul laid was Jesus Christ and Him crucified!

                  1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

                  1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
                  2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                  Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                    Besides that, you failed to give me the "content" of the third gospel of which you spoke.
                    I think you may have a reading problem. I most certainly showed you the content of the gospel of the grace of God and to whom it was sent! Go back and read my post again.
                    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                    Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by heir View Post
                      Romans 1:16 KJV
                      That does not prove that the gospel which speaks of the WHY of the Cross was preached to the Jews before the Gentiles.

                      Of course that never happened and that is why you are unable to show even one instance where it was preached to the Jews prior to it being preached to the Gentiles. You got that idea out of thin air.

                      You still have not told me the content of that third gospel of which you speak. Is that third gospel this one in "bold":
                      "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.2:7).

                      What is the content of the "gospel of the circumcision"?

                      Were Paul and Peter preaching two different gospels to the Jews at the same time during the Acts period?

                      I think you may have a reading problem. I most certainly showed you the content of the gospel of the grace of God and to whom it was sent! Go back and read my post again.
                      I agree that was on of the gospels Paul preached but I wanted you to give me the content of that third gospel of which you spoke. I think you have a memory problem.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                        That does not prove that the gospel which speaks of the WHY of the Cross was preached to the Jews before the Gentiles.
                        Stop being silly, Jerry. The gospel of Christ is the why of the cross! And according to that one verse alone it was to the Jew first and also to the Greek!
                        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                        Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by heir View Post
                          Stop being silly, Jerry. The gospel of Christ is the why of the cross! And according to that one verse alone it was to the Jew first and also to the Greek!
                          Do you not know that the word "gospel" means "good news" or "glad tidings"?

                          Do you think that there is but one instance of good news about the Lord Jesus? It was indeed "good news" to the Jews that it was revealed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those who believed that gospel were saved (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-4)..

                          Another instance of "good news" is the WHY of the Cross, and belief in that "good news" brings salvation.

                          Your thinking is limited because you think that this verse is only speaking about one specific instance of good news instead of two:
                          "For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1"16).

                          There is nothing that even hints that in this verse Paul is limiting the "good news" of Christ to just one instance of "good news."

                          Now please go back to my last post to you on this thread and answer my points.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                            Do you not know that the word "gospel" means "good news" or "glad tidings"?
                            Yes, gospel=good news and the good news of Christ is that Christ died for our sins (the WHY of the cross) and that He was buried and rose again the third day 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! Paul writes that IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and at the time Paul wrote it (Acts 20) it was to the Jew first and also to the Greek!

                            Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

                            Do you think that there is but one instance of good news about the Lord Jesus?
                            No, of course not. There are many gospels in the Bible.
                            2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                            Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                              Now please go back to my last post to you on this thread and answer my points.
                              I have.
                              2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                              Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                                T
                                You still have not told me the content of that third gospel of which you speak. Is that third gospel this one in "bold":
                                "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.2:7).
                                This is one of the reasons I think you are confused. Paul did not preach the gospel of the kingdom nor the gospel of the circumcision.

                                Paul preached the gospel of God Romans 1:1-4 KJV
                                the gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV
                                the gospel of the grace of God (term found here Acts 20:24 KJV)~

                                And to answer once again, what that third gospel is that Paul preached: the gospel of the grace of God is essentially the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), not to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV), but to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) including the "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) to whom Paul was later sent (Acts 22:17-21 KJV).

                                Deal with the facts, Jerry!
                                Last edited by heir; May 27th, 2015, 06:50 PM.
                                2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                                Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X