• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

A failed attack on the Biblical flood

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I found a couple of Donald Chittick's books on thriftbooks.com and ordered them both: The Puzzle of Ancient Man and The Controversy: Roots of the Creation-Evolution Conflict. Pretty cheap at less than $9 for the pair.

Man, were I in the habit of buying books via the internet, I'd probably go broke (in terms of cash), fast! Not that it's expensive to obtain books that way, but, rather, just because it's so remarkably inexpensive and easy, I'd likely have a struggle trying to refrain from gorging myself to dissipation, having the temptation and ability, with just a few clicks or keystrokes, to obtain a copy of just about any book I could consider wanting to obtain. I've had pretty good success over the years, though, touring various second-hand stores in my vicinity on a somewhat regular basis; lot's of really sweet successes at finding, both, books I had been wanting to get my hands on, as well as books I, perhaps, hadn't heard of before, but which turned out to be top-notch discoveries. Also, many times at thrift stores I've been pleased to find hard copies (whether actual antique volumes, or recent reprints) of many of the "public domain", "antiquarian" books I had already come to admire through Google Books, Archive.org, etc. It's always nice to have the actual book, rather than just a scanned PDF copy--although, I have to confess that, even though it's been over a decade since I first discovered the availability of PDF copies of old volumes on the internet, I've scarcely lost any of the admiration--nay, near giddiness--I first had upon this discovery.

Gary K

Banned
Man, were I in the habit of buying books via the internet, I'd probably go broke (in terms of cash), fast! Not that it's expensive to obtain books that way, but, rather, just because it's so remarkably inexpensive and easy, I'd likely have a struggle trying to refrain from gorging myself to dissipation, having the temptation and ability, with just a few clicks or keystrokes, to obtain a copy of just about any book I could consider wanting to obtain. I've had pretty good success over the years, though, touring various second-hand stores in my vicinity on a somewhat regular basis; lot's of really sweet successes at finding, both, books I had been wanting to get my hands on, as well as books I, perhaps, hadn't heard of before, but which turned out to be top-notch discoveries. Also, many times at thrift stores I've been pleased to find hard copies (whether actual antique volumes, or recent reprints) of many of the "public domain", "antiquarian" books I had already come to admire through Google Books, Archive.org, etc. It's always nice to have the actual book, rather than just a scanned PDF copy--although, I have to confess that, even though it's been over a decade since I first discovered the availability of PDF copies of old volumes on the internet, I've scarcely lost any of the admiration--nay, near giddiness--I first had upon this discovery.

You sound just like another bookworm to me.... I know. I resemble that remark. :D

I get about the same way you do when I find books I've been looking for or unexpectedly run across books on subjects I'm really interested in. Most of my library is made up of free ebooks from Gutenberg Project, Online library of Liberty, The Online Books Page, ManyBooks, etc.... I used to buy a lot of new books. Now I pretty much buy only used and download from the sources I listed. I really dislike Google so I don't use them at all.