Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

A failed attack on the Biblical flood

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    It's not intentional.
    If you hadn't told me that I'd have never known. I thought it was intentional.
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    “One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
      If you hadn't told me that I'd have never known. I thought it was intentional.


      I'm giving away my stand-up dreams.
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

      "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Stripe View Post


        I'm giving away my stand-up dreams.
        I've always thought you were a pretty funny guy. I get a lot of LOLs from your posts. Don't give up the dream yet....
        “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
        ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

        “One and God make a majority.”
        ― Frederick Douglass

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
          Just a couple of weeks ago, I finally chanced upon a copy of that book (for next to nothing) at a second-hand store. A few years ago, I read a small book (the exact title of which escapes me at the moment) by Dr. Donald Chittick on the sophistication of ancient man--which, of course, includes some discussion on the subject of ooparts--and the Noorbergen book was one of the sources he recommended in his bibliography. Such a fascinating subject, and so, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for cheap, used copies of most of the titles he lists. Man, I love obtaining books! (Though, I often wish I could actually devour them, and assimilate the info in them, as quickly and effortlessly as I can acquire them!)

          And, I really like that there are other people out there interested in that sort of stuff at least as much as I am.
          Evolutionists often conflate the accumulation of technological knowledge with the supposed "evolution of human intelligence".
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
            Just a couple of weeks ago, I finally chanced upon a copy of that book (for next to nothing) at a second-hand store. A few years ago, I read a small book (the exact title of which escapes me at the moment) by Dr. Donald Chittick on the sophistication of ancient man--which, of course, includes some discussion on the subject of ooparts--and the Noorbergen book was one of the sources he recommended in his bibliography. Such a fascinating subject, and so, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for cheap, used copies of most of the titles he lists. Man, I love obtaining books! (Though, I often wish I could actually devour them, and assimilate the info in them, as quickly and effortlessly as I can acquire them!)

            And, I really like that there are other people out there interested in that sort of stuff at least as much as I am.
            I found a couple of Donald Chittick's books on thriftbooks.com and ordered them both: The Puzzle of Ancient Man and The Controversy: Roots of the Creation-Evolution Conflict. Pretty cheap at less than $9 for the pair.
            “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
            ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

            “One and God make a majority.”
            ― Frederick Douglass

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
              I found a couple of Donald Chittick's books on thriftbooks.com and ordered them both: The Puzzle of Ancient Man and The Controversy: Roots of the Creation-Evolution Conflict. Pretty cheap at less than $9 for the pair.
              Man, were I in the habit of buying books via the internet, I'd probably go broke (in terms of cash), fast! Not that it's expensive to obtain books that way, but, rather, just because it's so remarkably inexpensive and easy, I'd likely have a struggle trying to refrain from gorging myself to dissipation, having the temptation and ability, with just a few clicks or keystrokes, to obtain a copy of just about any book I could consider wanting to obtain. I've had pretty good success over the years, though, touring various second-hand stores in my vicinity on a somewhat regular basis; lot's of really sweet successes at finding, both, books I had been wanting to get my hands on, as well as books I, perhaps, hadn't heard of before, but which turned out to be top-notch discoveries. Also, many times at thrift stores I've been pleased to find hard copies (whether actual antique volumes, or recent reprints) of many of the "public domain", "antiquarian" books I had already come to admire through Google Books, Archive.org, etc. It's always nice to have the actual book, rather than just a scanned PDF copy--although, I have to confess that, even though it's been over a decade since I first discovered the availability of PDF copies of old volumes on the internet, I've scarcely lost any of the admiration--nay, near giddiness--I first had upon this discovery.
              What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

              MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                Man, were I in the habit of buying books via the internet, I'd probably go broke (in terms of cash), fast! Not that it's expensive to obtain books that way, but, rather, just because it's so remarkably inexpensive and easy, I'd likely have a struggle trying to refrain from gorging myself to dissipation, having the temptation and ability, with just a few clicks or keystrokes, to obtain a copy of just about any book I could consider wanting to obtain. I've had pretty good success over the years, though, touring various second-hand stores in my vicinity on a somewhat regular basis; lot's of really sweet successes at finding, both, books I had been wanting to get my hands on, as well as books I, perhaps, hadn't heard of before, but which turned out to be top-notch discoveries. Also, many times at thrift stores I've been pleased to find hard copies (whether actual antique volumes, or recent reprints) of many of the "public domain", "antiquarian" books I had already come to admire through Google Books, Archive.org, etc. It's always nice to have the actual book, rather than just a scanned PDF copy--although, I have to confess that, even though it's been over a decade since I first discovered the availability of PDF copies of old volumes on the internet, I've scarcely lost any of the admiration--nay, near giddiness--I first had upon this discovery.
                You sound just like another bookworm to me.... I know. I resemble that remark.

                I get about the same way you do when I find books I've been looking for or unexpectedly run across books on subjects I'm really interested in. Most of my library is made up of free ebooks from Gutenberg Project, Online library of Liberty, The Online Books Page, ManyBooks, etc.... I used to buy a lot of new books. Now I pretty much buy only used and download from the sources I listed. I really dislike Google so I don't use them at all.
                “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

                “One and God make a majority.”
                ― Frederick Douglass

                Comment

                Working...
                X