Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Chance or Design (Evolution or Creation)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Guyver
    The fact that a thing is specific and precise doesn’t necessarily imply that God did it
    You do an amazing job at arguing with strawmen that you create.
    Originally posted by Guyver
    But it seems you assume that everything that exists is evidence of intelligence
    You really good at arguing against things nobody said.

    What we could say though is that everything which begins to exist has a cause. So ultimately you believe 1)that nothing caused everything; or 2) there is an eternally existing cause. If (2) is correct then we can see if the evidence points to an intelligence.
    Originally posted by Guyver
    We don’t really know where we came from or why we’re here...
    Truthfully... I KNOW where I came from, and why I'm here. Guyver... you too can have that certainty of knowing where you came from, and where you are going.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 6days View Post
      I KNOW where I came from, and why I'm here. Guyver... you too can have that certainty of knowing where you came from, and where you are going.
      You mean you know you came from mommies tummy and you're here to live and die?

      Yeah....I know that as well. Thank you.

      PS. Or, did I read into what you really mean again?

      PSS. Perhaps you'd like to just answer the question, where did you come from and why are you here?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 6days View Post
        What we could say though is that everything which begins to exist has a cause. So ultimately you believe 1)that nothing caused everything; or 2) there is an eternally existing cause. If (2) is correct then we can see if the evidence points to an intelligence.
        Yes, everything which has a beginning has an ending and does in fact have a cause...except for God right? If (2) is correct and you’d like to test if it were intelligently designed, then you would have to find a way to test for that. What do you propose?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
          Why don't you just tell us, now, exactly what (if anything) you would say constitutes whatever you would call "scientific evidence" for the proposition, P?

          Have fun stonewalling against these questions.
          Generally speaking, evidence that is scientific in nature is observable, repeatable, and can be measured. For example, continental drift can be observed, measured, and repeated over time. So, the evidence demonstrating continental drift is scientific in nature.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Guyver
            where did you come from and why are you here?
            You and I are descendants of first Adam. "Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person."

            Why you and I are here... "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:7
            Originally posted by Guyver
            Yes, everything which has a beginning has an ending and does in fact have a cause...except for God right?
            If you would be willing to use logic, and evidence you would agree that everything was has a beginning, has a cause. There are only two possibilities... 1) either you believe that nothing can cause everything... 2) or that the cause of everything is uncaused and has existed eternally. However you seem unwilling to use logic and science, afraid that may lead you to the Creator God of the Bible.
            Originally posted by Guyver
            If (2) is correct and you’d like to test if it were intelligently designed, then you would have to find a way to test for that. What do you propose?
            It is not difficult, Guyver.... We look to see if there is evidence that supports the hypothesis, or supports our beliefs. As somebody else in this thread suggested to you the evidence is everywhere.

            For example... Evolutionists such as Dawkins have argued that shoddy design and non-functionality is evidence against the Creator. Logically, it then follows, that good design and functionality is evidence for our Creator.
            Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 6days View Post
              Why you and I are here... "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:7
              Sorry that I feel the need to complain about this.... but that is a gross abuse of scripture.

              That scripture is NOT about your or me or the guy that you replied to.... it is specifically to and about Israel.

              Jer 29:1 KJV Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders which were carried away captives, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon;

              Jer 29:4 KJV Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;

              That is the audience for that passage of scripture.
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 6days View Post
                You and I are descendants of first Adam. "Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person."

                Why you and I are here... "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:7
                We are descendants of our ancestors, that is without question. Whether or not there was ever a man named Adam is pure speculation. Whether that first man was directly made by God from dust and had life breathed into his nostrils is also speculative, and it is religious belief, not scientific fact.

                The second part of your post says that God made us and wishes to prosper us and not harm us, to give us hope, but it doesn’t say anything about our death. Your end and mine is the same as our ancestors, we are here to die. That much is certain but it doesn’t seem to fit into your theology.

                If you would be willing to use logic, and evidence you would agree that everything was has a beginning, has a cause. There are only two possibilities... 1) either you believe that nothing can cause everything... 2) or that the cause of everything is uncaused and has existed eternally. However you seem unwilling to use logic and science, afraid that may lead you to the Creator God of the Bible.
                1. I already admitted that everything with a beginning has a cause, yet you still present it as if I disagree. It’s almost like you can’t even hear what I say.

                2. No one thinks nothing caused everything (that I know) and even saying it sounds silly.

                3. You presume incorrectly. If I could be somehow led to God, I would gladly accept it. But you can’t lead me to God....you can lead me to your religion or the Bible, not the same thing as God.

                4. You presume that the “God of the Bible” is our Maker....and that someone who doesn’t believe the Bible automatically doesn’t believe in God. That makes no sense, especially when I already told you to your face that I do believe in God.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                  2. No one thinks nothing caused everything (that I know) and even saying it sounds silly.
                  It's a good thing that you added the "(that I know)" bit. Let me help you out by showing you that people do, in fact, believe that EVERYTHING, or in this case, SOMETHING, came from nothing.

                  Richard Dawkins, everyone:

                  https://youtu.be/umf3-nOdVCw

                  https://youtu.be/-AQvWrX-mKg

                  And Living Waters Ministries' list:

                  https://youtu.be/_vlvZ_oqV1w

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    It's a good thing that you added the "(that I know)" bit. Let me help you out by showing you that people do, in fact, believe that EVERYTHING, or in this case, SOMETHING, came from nothing.

                    Richard Dawkins, everyone:

                    https://youtu.be/umf3-nOdVCw

                    https://youtu.be/-AQvWrX-mKg

                    And Living Waters Ministries' list:

                    https://youtu.be/_vlvZ_oqV1w
                    I don’t wish to check the links. If what you assert is correct and all those links present evidence showing people who support evolution believe that everything came from nothing, then my response is simple. It’s silly and I don’t believe it. I am aware that Stephen Hawking said that because something like gravity exists, the universe could have made itself from nothing, but I don’t think what he meant by nothing is the same thing you think it.

                    Not that I wish to speak for him or anyone who thinks as he does on the matter, but if you think of empty space as nothing, it really isn’t. There are some things even in empty space in the form of energy, particles, and probably other things that we don’t even know about.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                      I don’t wish to check the links. If what you assert is correct and all those links present evidence showing people who support evolution believe that everything came from nothing, then my response is simple. It’s silly and I don’t believe it.
                      We agree. My reason for posting those videos was so that you could know for sure that people do in fact believe that everything came from nothing.

                      I am aware that Stephen Hawking said that because something like gravity exists, the universe could have made itself from nothing, but I don’t think what he meant by nothing is the same thing you think it.

                      Not that I wish to speak for him or anyone who thinks as he does on the matter, but if you think of empty space as nothing, it really isn’t. There are some things even in empty space in the form of energy, particles, and probably other things that we don’t even know about.
                      Right. Atheists (and those who accept the Big Bang as the origin of the universe) have to redefine "nothing" to mean something that it does not mean.

                      Nothing means just that.

                      No thing.

                      Nada.

                      Zilch.

                      Nandemonai.

                      Not space, not matter, not energy.

                      The first and second videos are of Richard Dawkins trying to redefine nothing to mean "something," and then getting laughed at.

                      The third is just a video list of several persons who believe the universe came from nothing.

                      Anyways, we agree.

                      The universe DID NOT come from nothing.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Guyver
                        Adamant is pure speculation.
                        No... It is a belief based in evidence.
                        Originally posted by Guyver
                        The second part of your post says that God made us and wishes to prosper us and not harm us, to give us hope, but it doesn’t say anything about our death. Your end and mine is the same as our ancestors, we are here to die. That much is certain but it doesn’t seem to fit into your theology
                        "To give us hope" the verse says. I would suggest reading Romans 5.
                        Originally posted by Guyver
                        1. I already admitted that everything with a beginning has a cause
                        Ok... Great. I wasn't so sure you understood because what you actually said was everything that has a beginning has a cause except for God. There is no exception... Everything that has a beginning has a cause.
                        Originally posted by Guyver
                        2. No one thinks nothing caused everything
                        What I said was correct "There are only two possibilities... 1) either you believe that nothing can cause everything... 2) or that the cause of everything is uncaused and has existed eternally."
                        Originally posted by Guyver
                        3.... But you can’t lead me to God.
                        True... God can use weak vessels such as myself. He can also use science, but the person has to be willing to follow evidence that might lead to the creator God of the Bible
                        Originally posted by Guyver
                        4. You presume that the “God of the Bible” is our Maker
                        It is a belief based on evidence.
                        Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Right Divider
                          Sorry that I feel the need to complain about this.... but that is a gross abuse of scripture.
                          That scripture is NOT about your or me or the guy that you replied to.... it is specifically to and about Israel.
                          Although God is speaking to Israel, the verse does show how God cares for each of us individually. He knew us before we were born and knitted us together in our mother's womb.
                          Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 6days View Post
                            Although God is speaking to Israel, the verse does show how God cares for each of us individually. He knew us before we were born and knitted us together in our mother's womb.
                            That passage would have made more sense to use than the other one that you were taking well out of context.
                            All of my ancestors are human.
                            Originally posted by Squeaky
                            That explains why your an idiot.
                            Originally posted by God's Truth
                            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                            Comment


                            • Check these out!

                              Hi!
                              I found this great video on the subject of the origins of life.

                              Life from inorganic materials, nature, and time impossible?:


                              Thank you for composing such a nice thread, and I hope you enjoy the videos I posted!
                              God Bless!

                              Comment


                              • Also,
                                This is a great video I found on the probabilities of a Fine Tuned Universe.

                                Fine Tuned Universe?:


                                Once again,
                                God Bless!

                                =M=

                                Hey six days!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X