• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Again (5th time), is this--

Brother and sister relations are incest.

--you defining what (if anything) you mean by "incest"? Yes or No?

<NO ANSWER>

You obviously feel you have something to hide by refusing to answer either "Yes" or "No" to this question. Unfortunately for you, you cannot hide your continuing refusal to answer it--you cannot hide the fact that you've neither responded to this question with a "Yes" nor with a "No'.

And some anonymous coward has "liked" your failure to answer this question. I have to admit, though, that I, too, like your failure to answer it. So, apparently all you have to do to keep getting the sort of attention you really crave is to keep stonewalling against answering questions. :)

N.B.: You saying things like, "You've already been answered!", is you failing to answer this question.

Arthur Brain

Again (5th time), is this--

You obviously feel you have something to hide by refusing to answer either "Yes" or "No" to this question. Unfortunately for you, you cannot hide your continuing refusal to answer it--you cannot hide the fact that you've neither responded to this question with a "Yes" nor with a "No'.

And some anonymous coward has "liked" your failure to answer this question. I have to admit, though, that I, too, like your failure to answer it. So, apparently all you have to do to keep getting the sort of attention you really crave is to keep stonewalling against answering questions. :)

N.B.: You saying things like, "You've already been answered!", is you failing to answer this question.

What is wrong with you? You've had straight answers directly on point. You foolishly asserted that I defined incest as solely relations between brother and sister which is/was absolute bunk which I've outlined in clear and transparent detail at least half a dozen times. I've even provided you with a link on the subject that you just ignore. Stating that sexual relations between brother and sister are incestuous is absolutely correct. If I'd stated that such was the only form of incest, then that would have been absolutely incorrect. So you go find a quote of me saying that. We both know that you won't.

If you wanna keep making an idiot of yourself then carry on. That's my last on the matter. You've got some serious growing up to do.

Zeke

Your own wonderful human imagination is the actual creative power of God within you. It is your savior. If you were thirsty, water would be your savior. If you needed a job, employment would be your savior. Your imagination is the power to save you from whatever circumstances you now find yourself. You can experience your heart’s desire through the use of your imagination. Nothing is impossible to your imagination. Your imagination is unlimited in what it can accomplish. If you can imagine something, you can achieve it. Let me give you an example. If you were unable to walk and were confined to a wheelchair, you could close your eyes and imagine yourself running on the beach or wading in the water. If you would imagine yourself doing this until it took on the tones of reality, you could accomplish a healing that would allow you to actually walk or run.

The way to use your imagination creatively is this. Relax in a chair or on a bed and close your eyes. First determine what it is you wish to experience. Then, in this state of complete relaxation, bring to mind the end result of what it is you desire. In other words, if you were seeking a promotion at work, the end result might be that people would congratulate you on your promotion. You might move to a larger office. You would enjoy an increase in pay. Take anyone of these events and, with your eyes closed, actually hear your friends congratulate you on your promotion. Feel their hand in yours as they tell you how happy they are for you. By actually feeling that you are being congratulated, your imagination will go to work to bring about that state in your outer world. You need not be concerned about how this will be accomplished. Your imagination will use whatever natural means are necessary to bring it about. “I AM the beginning and the end.” “My ways are past finding out.” What you do in imagination is an instantaneous creative act. However, in this three-dimensional world, events appear in a time sequence. Therefore, it may take a short interval of time to realize in the outer world what you have just experienced in imagination. After you have performed this act in your imagination, open your eyes and go about your normal, natural affairs, confident that what you have done must come to fruition in your world. Make your inner conversations conform to your imaginal act. You have planted a seed and you will soon see the harvest of that which you have sowed.

Zeke

HOW THE LAW WORKS

The law of identical harvest or cause and effect is impersonal and can be used to bring into your experience anything you can conceive. Since creation is finished, every possible state already exists. Your fusion with a particular state (imagining with feeling what you would experience were you in that state) causes that state to be projected on your screen of space. This law cannot be changed or broken and always reproduces in your outer world the exact duplicate of any belief you consent to as true. If you would change your world, you must change your beliefs. Since consciousness is the only cause, you cannot blame others for the conditions which presently exist nor can fate or chance be the cause of that which you are now experiencing. Nothing can alter the course of events in your life except a change in your own consciousness. Whatever is appearing in your world now, although it appears real and an unalterable fact, is a reflection of previous activity in your own consciousness. Therefore, a change in consciousness will reflect that change in the future just as surely as past beliefs reflect the present.

Man is pure formless consciousness and that which he conceives himself to be is an illusion or reflection of the particular ideas he holds true. These illusions exist only so long as man focuses his attention upon them and gives them life.

The conscious mind forms beliefs and opinions from the evidence of the senses or the perceived outer world. The creative power within each of us accepts as true that which the conscious mind impresses upon it. Your creative power takes those ideas, which are thought of with feeling, and projects them in your outer world. It is important to remember that not all thoughts are creative.

Only those which are believed to be true or which are joined with feeling create the circumstances and events that you will encounter. Therefore, emotions such as anger, fear, love or joy are creative. You must guard the emotions which you allow to enter your consciousness just as you would discriminate in allowing a stranger into your home. You cannot allow negative emotions to fill your mind without suffering the consequences of experiencing the state with which those emotions are joined. Fear of loss brings loss into your world. You could take every outward precaution to guard against loss, but if you fear loss, you will most certainly experience it in your affairs. Feelings of love and joy create happy events and loving relationships. Feeling abundant brings riches into your life. A person who is unloving or suspicious and feels that others take advantage of him, draws to himself that which he believes. No matter what he does externally, his relationships with others will reflect that which he accepts as true. He may want a loving relationship but he can draw to himself only that which he is conscious of being.

Like literally does attract like. As within, so without. Consciousness is reality and that which is perceived by our senses and appears so real is but the shadow of that which we believe ourselves and the world to be.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another (besides the fact of having exclusively human ancestry, and no non-human ancestry)?

A. Whereas Christians believe themselves descended from Adam and Eve, and from Noah, while Darwinists, instead, believe themselves descended from slime and fish, nevertheless each party, respectively, therein believes itself descended from beings superior in intelligence to itself.

:rotfl:

ddevonb

The answer is not that difficult. Sin is something that causes harm. Adam and Eve were created as the perfect genetic templates for the human race. Because they were genetically perfect, not harm could come from inbreeding and it was not a sin.
At a point many generations later, harmful mutations becan to occur and sex between a brother and a sister became harmful. What was good became harmful, so God forbid them to do it. God also caused us to see it as repulsive.

This is not unlike when God changed His command from not eating animals to allowing all animals to be eaten after the flood. The earth was created perfect and so were the plants, so that they had rich nutrition to sustain us. After the flood, the earth was forever changed and radiation was brought to the earth's surface. Genetically every plant, animal and human began to get less and less perfect, so that the vegetation alone was inadequate to sustain teh future human race. God saw the need for us to add animals to our diet to give us a better change to survive and be healthy.

ddevonb

Invalid premise. Where do you get 'Darwinists believe slime and fish are superior in intelligence to humans?'

Also: if there was a real Adam and Eve, how do you get from there to here without incest?

The answer is not that difficult. Sin is something that causes harm. Adam and Eve were created as the perfect genetic templates for the human race. Because they were genetically perfect, not harm could come from inbreeding and it was not a sin.
At a point many generations later, harmful mutations becan to occur and sex between a brother and a sister became harmful. What was good became harmful, so God forbid them to do it. God also caused us to see it as repulsive. Incest is a term that was invented after it was forbidden.

This is not unlike when God changed His command from not eating animals to allowing all animals to be eaten after the flood. The earth was created perfect and so were the plants, so that they had rich nutrition to sustain us. After the flood, the earth was forever changed and radiation was brought to the earth's surface. Genetically every plant, animal and human began to get less and less perfect, so that the vegetation alone was inadequate to sustain teh future human race. God saw the need for us to add animals to our diet to give us a better change to survive and be healthy.

Arthur Brain

Again (6th time), is this--

Why are you so afraid to answer that simple, yes-or-no question?

Brother and sister relations are incest, father and daughter relations are incest, mother and son relations are incest, brother and brother relations are incest etc etc etc. Any form of familial sexual relations are incest. I've even given you a link on the matter.

Now, are you thick? Because if you try to state that you haven't been answered on this topic (multiple times now) after this then that's all you're going to "achieve" here.

7djengo7

Again (7th time), is this--
<NO ANSWER>
  • If you would like to answer "Yes" to this question, then please do so.
  • If you would like to answer "No" to this question, then please do so.
So far, you've never answered this question, and until you have done one of those two things (answer "Yes" to it or answer "No" to it), you'll continue in your failure to have answered this question. All of your posted reactions to this question have been nothing but you loudly and clearly advertising that you really, really, really do not want to answer it. Why are you so afraid to answer it? Why are you so afraid to say either

"Yes, [that is me defining what I--Arthur Brain--mean by 'incest']"

or

"No, [that is not me defining what I--Arthur Brain--mean by 'incest']"?

In any case, so far, you've said neither of these two things, and until you've said either of those things, you'll not have answered the question that I've asked you seven times. So far, you've not answered the question.

Arthur Brain

Again (7th time), is this--

• If you would like to answer "Yes" to this question, then please do so.
  • If you would like to answer "No" to this question, then please do so.
So far, you've never answered this question, and until you have done one of those two things (answer "Yes" to it or answer "No" to it), you'll continue in your failure to have answered this question. All of your posted reactions to this question have been nothing but you loudly and clearly advertising that you really, really, really do not want to answer it. Why are you so afraid to answer it? Why are you so afraid to say either

"Yes, [that is me defining what I--Arthur Brain--mean by 'incest']"

or

"No, [that is not me defining what I--Arthur Brain--mean by 'incest']"?

In any case, so far, you've said neither of these two things, and until you've said either of those things, you'll not have answered the question that I've asked you seven times. So far, you've not answered the question.

Um, yeah, your question was answered a long time ago, in specific detail and even with a link on the subject. You don't get to determine how anybody has to answer a question either so you're none too bright and you're not worth bothering with. Beyond tedious...

7djengo7

Again (8th time), is this--
<NO ANSWER>

Um, yeah, your question was answered a long time ago

False. You've never yet answered it. Try quoting and providing a link to yourself saying "Yes" or "No" to it. That's right: you can't, because you've never answered it.

in specific detail

It's a yes-or-no question. The specific, and only, detail required of you is for you either to say "Yes" to it or to say "No" to it. You've answered neither "Yes" nor "No" to it, which means you have not answered it.

and even with a link on the subject.

No link to something written by someone who is not you is going to answer the question I asked you (Arthur Brain). You see the pronoun, 'you', that I used in writing the question? By that pronoun I am indicating that I am addressing the question to you (Arthur Brain) and not to someone who is not you.

You don't get to determine how anybody has to answer a question

I never said you have to answer it. Obviously, my stated recognition of the fact that you have never answered the question I asked you vouches for the fact that I do not think you had to, or have to answer it. If you had to answer the question I asked you, then you would have answered it. But you've never answered it.

In order to answer the question I asked you--a yes-or-no question--you will need to say either "Yes" or "No". By failing to do so, you will continue in your failure to have answered the question I asked you.

Why are you so afraid of answering the question I asked you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Um, yeah, your question was answered a long time ago, in specific detail and even with a link on the subject. You don't get to determine how anybody has to answer a question either so you're none too bright and you're not worth bothering with. Beyond tedious...

It's almost like he's got you on ignore and responding to what he's guessing you're saying. :chuckle:

You've been very clear. I think he just likes formatting text in his spare time.

7djengo7

It's almost like he's got you on ignore and responding to what he's guessing you're saying. :chuckle:

You've been very clear. I think he just likes formatting text in his spare time.

Arthur Brain has, indeed, been very clear in driving home the fact that he absolutely refuses to answer the yes-or-no question I've asked him eight times. Not only that, but he has also been very clear that he is willing to lie by saying that he has answered it. And now, you've also just been very clear that you are willing to lie, in confederacy with Arthur Brain, by being his echo chamber--his "high five" buddy--and saying that he has answered it.

I think you and Arthur Brain just like stonewalling against yes-or-no questions and lying about it in your spare time.