Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Does any one doubt that God made the corona virus?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

    How do you know that the virus evolved and was not designed?
    Because i have a background in biology and accept evolution. In addition, I have done some reading and have learned that if it were designed by someone in a lab recently it apparently does not bear any of the hallmarks of such design. I'd be glad to refer you to what I read if you wish. It was a post by PZ Myers on his Pharyngula blog a week or so ago.
    Do you know it was designed? think it was designed? If so, when, where and by whom?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

      Because i have a background in biology and accept evolution.


      Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
      In addition, I have done some reading and have learned that if it were designed by someone in a lab recently it apparently does not bear any of the hallmarks of such design. I'd be glad to refer you to what I read if you wish. It was a post by PZ Myers on his Pharyngula blog a week or so ago.
      Do you know it was designed? think it was designed? If so, when, where and by whom?
      No, possibly, don't know, China, Chinese government.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

      1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

      Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Right Divider View Post



        No, possibly, don't know, China, Chinese government.
        Nope. Not designed. Bob has had a scientist or two on the show and they said there is no indication that the Wuhan Virus was created in a lab.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

          Nope. Not designed. Bob has had a scientist or two on the show and they said there is no indication that the Wuhan Virus was created in a lab.
          OK... I've seem some other information about it not being likely to have come from the wet markets.

          It's not something that I'm going to argue about.
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #20
            No He didn't

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post

              Really? When you boil water you sterilize it. Thus anything cooked in boiling water is sterilized. Trap the steam off the boiling water, condense it, and you have distilled water in which all the contaminates have been removed. That's bad? Anything you bake in an oven is also sterilized because baking necessarily raises the food temperature to above 212 degrees at which point it is sterilized.

              Your basic logical fallacy though is that sickness and death existed before sin entered the world. In other words, the deadly microbes that now exist were not God's creation. Sin has caused them whether they are direct modifications by the devil or man, they were not in existence before the fall. To accuse God of creating them is to accuse God of creating death, suffering, sickness, etc.... In my eyes that no different than saying God created sin.

              LOL, there is plenty of good clean water always available to drink you boil water to cook not to drink . . . . .

              Lets try this, in your world view is it OK for fruit to ripen? and then after some passage of time to spoil? and then to rot?

              Or, is it OK for man to have an accidental death?

              Or, how about this one, In your world view could God/did God, create us in a sterile world, no bacteria, no viruses, no dust mites . . etc. ?







              Comment


              • #22
                [QUOTE=Jonahdog;n2745062]
                Originally posted by tieman55 View Post

                We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work.
                Personally, I think the statement above would be the basis for a great thread in Creation, something like this below

                We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work, but why where they created?

                What I have noticed, is that viruses have a lot in common with 'seeds" and with "pollen" I really wish that creationist would explore those similarities!



                Comment


                • #23
                  [QUOTE=tieman55;n2745212]
                  Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post

                  Personally, I think the statement above would be the basis for a great thread in Creation, something like this below

                  We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work, but why where they created?

                  What I have noticed, is that viruses have a lot in common with 'seeds" and with "pollen" I really wish that creationist would explore those similarities!


                  They were not "created" they evolved. I dont think they have much in common with seeds or pollen. Seeds and pollen are used in male/female sexual reproduction. Viruses do not reproduce sexually. there are no male viruses or female viruses.
                  But go for it, see if you can get the crack scientists at AiG, the Institution for Creation Research or perhaps Falwell's Liberty University to jump on your thesis.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tieman55 View Post
                    God looked at "all" He made and said it was good, "all" things don't think.

                    And you would be far healthier licking door nobs then licking hand sanitizer. Clean is good , sterile is not.
                    Stupidity!

                    Why are any of you even bothering to dignify this nonsense by debating it?

                    If this dingbat wants to lick door knobs, let him! He's free to be as stupid as he likes. What he is not free to do is avoid the consequences of his actions. Let the viruses teach him how "good" they are.

                    Clete
                    sigpic
                    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Clete View Post

                      Stupidity!

                      Why are any of you even bothering to dignify this nonsense by debating it?

                      If this dingbat wants to lick door knobs, let him! He's free to be as stupid as he likes. What he is not free to do is avoid the consequences of his actions. Let the viruses teach him how "good" they are.

                      Clete
                      A healthy flora is far better than none (sterile). Colds/flu are exercise for the immune system.
                      Clete, with all due respect, thinking is not that painful, try it you might like it!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        [QUOTE=Jonahdog;n2745216]
                        Originally posted by tieman55 View Post

                        They were not "created" they evolved. I dont think they have much in common with seeds or pollen. Seeds and pollen are used in male/female sexual reproduction. Viruses do not reproduce sexually. there are no male viruses or female viruses.
                        But go for it, see if you can get the crack scientists at AiG, the Institution for Creation Research or perhaps Falwell's Liberty University to jump on your thesis.
                        I think I will, thanks

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                          OK... I've seem some other information about it not being likely to have come from the wet markets.
                          Plus, if the coronavirus had been manufactured, "genetic entropy" is supposed to render them ineffective.

                          Or something like that.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tieman55 View Post

                            A healthy flora is far better than none (sterile). Colds/flu are exercise for the immune system.
                            Clete, with all due respect, thinking is not that painful, try it you might like it!
                            Says the wack job who thinks it a good idea to lick doorknobs.

                            Why do you suppose that God had the Jews wash everything before they did much of anything, especially eating? Do you think it's just a coincidence that personal hygiene is the single most impactful idea on the over all health of mankind in all of history or that the discovery of penicillin is the the single most life saving discovery in the whole history of medicine, if not all of science?

                            The other problem with your ridiculous opening post is the ludicrously false dichotomy of licking doorknobs vs being sterile. Those are two distant extremes of a very large spectrum. The fact of the matter is that there are more viruses in your gut right now that there are people on planet Earth, by far. And yes, I said that right, in addition to the countless bacteria that live in, on and around your body, there are billions (perhaps trillions) of viruses inside your body right now. Most of them are completely harmless and some seem to provide some benefit while others seem to serve no real purpose whatever. There are, of course, some that are harmful but this is quite the exception and not the rule. But when they are harmful, they can be extremely harmful indeed. Viruses have killed more people than all the wars and all the murders put together. The flu virus alone kills about half a million people every single year and approximately 32 million people have died of HIV in the last 35+ years.

                            Lastly, God did not create COVID 19, HIV, Ebola or any other modern virus. These are new virus there is no evidence that they existed at all before some decades ago (months ago in the case of COVID 19). God created the form of life we call a virus but He did not create these specific viruses any more than God created German Shepherds or both Asian and African Elephants. God created dogs and He created elephants but the various kinds emerge by various means. There is no need for a special creation event for every single variant of every kind of creature.

                            Clete
                            sigpic
                            "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              [QUOTE=Jonahdog;n2745062]
                              Originally posted by tieman55 View Post

                              Actually coronaviruses are RNA based, not DNA. This virus is currently assumed to have jumped from bats to an intermediate animal host perhaps being sold at the live market in Wu Han. The thought is that mutations in the RNA chain allowed the virus to move to different species. A mutation, a change something "not right" in your terms, put it in a position where it moved to another species, not that it put it in a position where it "won't do anything". Although some, perhaps most mutations, do nothing or are deleterious at least some, from the virus viewpoint anyway, are beneficial. The virus has evolved (goodness gracious). Earlier reading I did suggested that the change was to a protein spike on the virus envelope that made a good fit with ACE-2 receptors on lung cells. Just by chance it made a better key to fit into an existing lock..
                              Now you can take my word for it, but I am now a bit of a dilettante on this. I get my specific info from my MD daughter and geneticist daughter. But you can do your own research or better yet, once this is over, visit your local university and track down a biologist or virologist.
                              As an aside, I'm not sure your comment that we know enough about them to be foolish is appropriate. We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work. Fearful well yeah, until we get a better handle on this beast.
                              Thanks for correcting my error on the genetics.

                              However, God is not responsible for disease, death nor any other evil

                              Man brought that upon himself

                              It is the Devil that has the power of death.

                              Hebrews 2:14

                              It is the thief, not God, not Jesus Christ, that comes to steal and to kill and to destroy. John 10:10
                              "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                              "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                              Pro scripture = Protestant

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X