• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Does any one doubt that God made the corona virus?

tieman55

Really? When you boil water you sterilize it. Thus anything cooked in boiling water is sterilized. Trap the steam off the boiling water, condense it, and you have distilled water in which all the contaminates have been removed. That's bad? Anything you bake in an oven is also sterilized because baking necessarily raises the food temperature to above 212 degrees at which point it is sterilized.

Your basic logical fallacy though is that sickness and death existed before sin entered the world. In other words, the deadly microbes that now exist were not God's creation. Sin has caused them whether they are direct modifications by the devil or man, they were not in existence before the fall. To accuse God of creating them is to accuse God of creating death, suffering, sickness, etc.... In my eyes that no different than saying God created sin.

LOL, there is plenty of good clean water always available to drink ;) you boil water to cook not to drink . . . . .

Lets try this, in your world view is it OK for fruit to ripen? and then after some passage of time to spoil? and then to rot?

Or, is it OK for man to have an accidental death?

Or, how about this one, In your world view could God/did God, create us in a sterile world, no bacteria, no viruses, no dust mites . . etc. ?

tieman55

We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work.

Personally, I think the statement above would be the basis for a great thread in Creation, something like this below

We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work, but why where they created?

What I have noticed, is that viruses have a lot in common with 'seeds" and with "pollen" I really wish that creationist would explore those similarities!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Personally, I think the statement above would be the basis for a great thread in Creation, something like this below

We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work, but why where they created?

What I have noticed, is that viruses have a lot in common with 'seeds" and with "pollen" I really wish that creationist would explore those similarities!

They were not "created" they evolved. I dont think they have much in common with seeds or pollen. Seeds and pollen are used in male/female sexual reproduction. Viruses do not reproduce sexually. there are no male viruses or female viruses.
But go for it, see if you can get the crack scientists at AiG, the Institution for Creation Research or perhaps Falwell's Liberty University to jump on your thesis.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
God looked at "all" He made and said it was good, "all" things don't think.

And you would be far healthier licking door nobs then licking hand sanitizer. Clean is good , sterile is not.

Stupidity!

Why are any of you even bothering to dignify this nonsense by debating it?

If this dingbat wants to lick door knobs, let him! He's free to be as stupid as he likes. What he is not free to do is avoid the consequences of his actions. Let the viruses teach him how "good" they are.

Clete

tieman55

Stupidity!

Why are any of you even bothering to dignify this nonsense by debating it?

If this dingbat wants to lick door knobs, let him! He's free to be as stupid as he likes. What he is not free to do is avoid the consequences of his actions. Let the viruses teach him how "good" they are.

Clete

A healthy flora is far better than none (sterile). Colds/flu are exercise for the immune system.
Clete, with all due respect, thinking is not that painful, try it you might like it!

tieman55

They were not "created" they evolved. I dont think they have much in common with seeds or pollen. Seeds and pollen are used in male/female sexual reproduction. Viruses do not reproduce sexually. there are no male viruses or female viruses.
But go for it, see if you can get the crack scientists at AiG, the Institution for Creation Research or perhaps Falwell's Liberty University to jump on your thesis.

I think I will, thanks

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A healthy flora is far better than none (sterile). Colds/flu are exercise for the immune system.
Clete, with all due respect, thinking is not that painful, try it you might like it!

Says the wack job who thinks it a good idea to lick doorknobs. :rolleyes:

Why do you suppose that God had the Jews wash everything before they did much of anything, especially eating? Do you think it's just a coincidence that personal hygiene is the single most impactful idea on the over all health of mankind in all of history or that the discovery of penicillin is the the single most life saving discovery in the whole history of medicine, if not all of science?

The other problem with your ridiculous opening post is the ludicrously false dichotomy of licking doorknobs vs being sterile. Those are two distant extremes of a very large spectrum. The fact of the matter is that there are more viruses in your gut right now that there are people on planet Earth, by far. And yes, I said that right, in addition to the countless bacteria that live in, on and around your body, there are billions (perhaps trillions) of viruses inside your body right now. Most of them are completely harmless and some seem to provide some benefit while others seem to serve no real purpose whatever. There are, of course, some that are harmful but this is quite the exception and not the rule. But when they are harmful, they can be extremely harmful indeed. Viruses have killed more people than all the wars and all the murders put together. The flu virus alone kills about half a million people every single year and approximately 32 million people have died of HIV in the last 35+ years.

Lastly, God did not create COVID 19, HIV, Ebola or any other modern virus. These are new virus there is no evidence that they existed at all before some decades ago (months ago in the case of COVID 19). God created the form of life we call a virus but He did not create these specific viruses any more than God created German Shepherds or both Asian and African Elephants. God created dogs and He created elephants but the various kinds emerge by various means. There is no need for a special creation event for every single variant of every kind of creature.

Clete

oatmeal

Actually coronaviruses are RNA based, not DNA. This virus is currently assumed to have jumped from bats to an intermediate animal host perhaps being sold at the live market in Wu Han. The thought is that mutations in the RNA chain allowed the virus to move to different species. A mutation, a change something "not right" in your terms, put it in a position where it moved to another species, not that it put it in a position where it "won't do anything". Although some, perhaps most mutations, do nothing or are deleterious at least some, from the virus viewpoint anyway, are beneficial. The virus has evolved (goodness gracious). Earlier reading I did suggested that the change was to a protein spike on the virus envelope that made a good fit with ACE-2 receptors on lung cells. Just by chance it made a better key to fit into an existing lock..
Now you can take my word for it, but I am now a bit of a dilettante on this. I get my specific info from my MD daughter and geneticist daughter. But you can do your own research or better yet, once this is over, visit your local university and track down a biologist or virologist.
As an aside, I'm not sure your comment that we know enough about them to be foolish is appropriate. We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work. Fearful well yeah, until we get a better handle on this beast.

Thanks for correcting my error on the genetics.

However, God is not responsible for disease, death nor any other evil

Man brought that upon himself

It is the Devil that has the power of death.

Hebrews 2:14

It is the thief, not God, not Jesus Christ, that comes to steal and to kill and to destroy. John 10:10