X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffeeman
    replied
    Dang Corky...I knew you shoulda had a triple shot!

Actually I appreciate your honesty about your feelings. You know we learn new things each day and I'm confident one day you will learn some things that will really catch you by surprise...what specific things I know not...guess that's why they call it a surprise.

Catch ya later
    coffee

Leave a comment:

• Corky the Cat
    replied
    Thanx guys I know you mean well.

My post about there being no eternal life is in response to some of the, "you're gonna burn in hell buddy" remarks I've been getting everytime someone on these boards takes exeption to something I post.

Please accept: every ounce of commen sense in my my being tells me there is no supernatural or mystical elements in existance. Not just God(s) but astrology, and other paranormal and occult stuff. All nonsense in my worldview. I didn't learn this from any book. I see it clearly for my self.

I'm not resisting or denying anything. For me and many, many others, it simply is not there.

All the best and thanx.

Corky

Leave a comment:

• coffeeman
    replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Corky the Cat
    The trouble is Coffee, there is no eternal life. by the time you realise that you'll be to dead for it to matter.

Man you sound depressed...here have a double shot of espresso!
    ---------------------------------------
    The truth is cork, I was dead to eternal things and had the same outlook as you. Kinda been there to the dead thing and done that...Then I found out that God accepted me as I am (stinking dead and all that decaying matter thing)and had made a way for me to live...really live Cork! Come on mate...look into it.

coffee

Leave a comment:

• LightSon
    replied
    Originally posted by Corky the Cat
    The trouble is Coffee, there is no eternal life. by the time you realise that you'll be to dead for it to matter.

However, in this one and only life, let me wish you peace and happiness
    Hi Corky,
    I see you respect "reason". Is it reasonable to be adamant that something does not exist, just because you haven't seen it or experienced it for yourself. Wouldn't it be better to leave the question open?

You are mistaken however on another point. If there is no such thing as eternal life, we will never realize it. There is no knowledge in the grave. In that case, our destiny is dust and oblivion. If however there is a life after death, we will all get confirmation.

May peace find you.

Leave a comment:

• Corky the Cat
    replied
    Hey Cork, you don't have to wait for that...that curse has been nullified at the cross of Jesus Christ. That's why this whole web site is here and even why we all are having these discussions. Even if you reject me or other Christians ...no big deal...but why someone would reject a free offer of eternal life? If one doesn't go through the Cross then the curse remains and I'm betting you will chose life one day.

However, in this one and only life, let me wish you peace and happiness

Leave a comment:

• coffeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by attention
    Hee. Do you also respond to all the other advertisers who offfer free this and free that, or have you advanced a bit, knowing that in life nothing comes for free. Except life itself. We did nothing to earn it. It's the only and real free thing. For anything else, we have to pay.

I'm amazed at how much you and I agree on things(except your hairdo!)
    Life is free indeed! So, when are you going to accept life? Isn't it funy how physical life is free and so is eternal life...may point to same one who created both. Whatja think?

coffee

Leave a comment:

• ex_fundy
    replied
    Duty calls, so I must take a brief (several days to a couple weeks) hiatus from this site. Please don't assume my temporary silence is an indication of something that it's not. Work, at times, does take a higher priority than philosophical and theological debate.

Leave a comment:

• ex_fundy
    replied
    Originally posted by LightSon
    Putting "the deification of Jesus" to one side for a moment, in your judgment, is Jesus "the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world"?
    First, the term "lamb of God" is synonymous with Jesus in western culture, so obviously Jesus (whatever he really was) is what westerners have in mind when that term is used. However, I don't know what extra attributes you may append to that title in your mind, so I can't say if I agree or disagree with you.

Second, since there is obviously "sin" (as you would define it) still in the world, I guess I'd say no to the last part of that phrase. Of course you may think waiting a few more millenia will change that, but if Jesus wasn't successful in 2000 years I don't know why more time should be given.

Leave a comment:

• attention
    replied
    Originally posted by coffeeman
    but why someone would reject a free offer of eternal life
    Hee. Do you also respond to all the other advertisers who offfer free this and free that, or have you advanced a bit, knowing that in life nothing comes for free. Except life itself. We did nothing to earn it. It's the only and real free thing. For anything else, we have to pay.

Leave a comment:

• LightSon
    replied
    Originally posted by ex_fundy
    I reject the deification of Jesus that was done by a politically powerful subset of followers during the early centuries of Christianity. But much of Jesus reported teaching definitely still has value in my life.
    Putting "the deification of Jesus" to one side for a moment, in your judgment, is Jesus "the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world"?

Leave a comment:

• ex_fundy
    replied
    Originally posted by LightSon Why would you want to do that? You seem a little conflicted, ex_fundy. Do you know which side you are on?
    I'm not on anyones side. I merely post to add perspective to discussions pertaining to the pursuit of truth. So you might say I'm on the side of truth vs. dogmatism (whichever side it comes from).

While we are on the subject, you appear to reject fundamentalism, but do you reject Jesus too? Who is Jesus to you?
    I reject the deification of Jesus that was done by a politically powerful subset of followers during the early centuries of Christianity. But much of Jesus reported teaching definitely still has value in my life.

Leave a comment:

• coffeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Corky the Cat
    You crack me up coffee, only not in quite the same way that Bob Enyart implies...

ducks and waits for the curse of eternal hell

Hey Cork, you don't have to wait for that...that curse has been nullified at the cross of Jesus Christ. That's why this whole web site is here and even why we all are having these discussions. Even if you reject me or other Christians ...no big deal...but why someone would reject a free offer of eternal life? If one doesn't go through the Cross then the curse remains and I'm betting you will chose life one day.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• coffeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Enyart
    Coffeman,

You crack me up! I, for one, am glad that you're on our side! -Bob
    Thanks Bob...as am I!

Leave a comment:

• LightSon
    replied
    Originally posted by ex_fundy
    I didn't feel it would be appropriate for a non-Atheist to argue for Atheism .
    '
    Why would you want to do that?
    You seem a little conflicted, ex_fundy. Do you know which side you are on?

While we are on the subject, you appear to reject fundamentalism, but do you reject Jesus too? Who is Jesus to you?

Leave a comment:

• attention
    replied
    Flipper:

What will happen to the FINAL contribition?

Will that be a merge of all posts that were sent in (yours and mine?) also having a limit of 5000 words?

Or will there simply be two seperate (lined up into one post) posts, so that the arguments can stand on it's own?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X