Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARCHIVE: Bob Enyart has already lost the debate ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to go to his website and tell everyone come here and get it free.

    Also tell them to try listening to a few of the resident atheists here and start to live a real life instead of a fantasy one !

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Aussie Thinker
      We both conclude that religion is generally greedy !
      Man is generally greedy, and to the extent that religion is comprised of men, it too will be generally greedy.

      Jesus was clear; we cannot serve God and mammon (money).

      "The love of money is the root of all evil".

      There are scores of Bible passages that warn about misplaced attitudes about and desires for money.
      Last edited by LightSon; September 9, 2003, 11:06 PM.
      That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.
      Philippians 2:15

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Aussie Thinker
        I want to go to his website and tell everyone come here and get it free.
        Anyone who actually cares prolly already has.

        Also tell them to try listening to a few of the resident atheists here and start to live a real life instead of a fantasy one !
        Oh.. yeah! Hey Knight! Another good ToL tagline :

        Debate the facts of spontaneous regeneration with athiests on ToL!
        Help for

        "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

        Comment


        • bmyers,

          What did you read by Mr. Enyart?
          Help for

          "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nineveh
            bmyers,

            What did you read by Mr. Enyart?
            You mean besides the contents of his web site, his postings here, listening to his radio show on occasion (it's good for a laugh, if nothing else), and the occasional missive he manages to get into the local press? Outside of those, just a couple of publications that he's at least contributed to (sorry, I can't cite the titles right now - they weren't mine, but rather some pieces that a friend gave me to look over a couple of years back). All were, as I said early, consistent only in their utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which, but I know from what I've read that there is little sense in continuing to look for any sort of significant contribution from that source.

            And if that is not a sufficient answer for you, I'm sorry - but it's all you'll get on this particular subject. Shall we return to the topic at hand? I.e., the merits of the points made in THIS particular debate?

            Comment


            • bmyers,
              "utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which"

              Could you please cite somethng for an example, or am I just to take your word for it?
              Help for

              "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nineveh
                bmyers,
                "utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which"

                Could you please cite somethng for an example, or am I just to take your word for it?
                Well, you COULD try to read his stuff yourself with a more objective, critical eye, but if you're not going to do that, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. As I said, I've said all I feel is necessary on this particular topic. If you find someone else who sees value in continuing on this line, please feel free to carry on.

                Comment


                • Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.

                  Your word doesn't agree with my own reason and my own common sense.
                  Help for

                  "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nineveh
                    Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.
                    No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place. Frankly, I could not possibly care less if he has or has not contradicted Scripture, or at least your interpretation of it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bmyers
                      No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place.
                      I didn't say that you did.

                      Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception
                      You said that.

                      My common sence says not to believe you.
                      Help for

                      "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nineveh

                        My common sence says not to believe you.
                        Then don't. My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them. Nor would I expect you to believe anything that did not agree with your own common "sence", assuming, of course, that I was concerned with what you believed in the first place.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bmyers
                          My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them.
                          Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...

                          I imagine you don't care what I think
                          Help for

                          "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nineveh
                            Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...
                            More than sufficient evidence has already been presented in this and other threads relating to the so-called "Battle Royale." If you can't be troubled to look it up, that's hardly my problem.

                            Comment


                            • bmyers,
                              I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.
                              Help for

                              "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nineveh
                                bmyers,
                                I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.
                                What part of "the evidence has already been presented" are you incapable of understanding?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X