Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARCHIVE: Bob Enyart has already lost the debate ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bmyers
    it's still very debatable whether or not his product is worth what he's charging.
    And you would judge this by...?
    Help for

    "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nineveh
      And you would judge this by...?
      Well, clearly I myself have already judged it to be essentially worthless, in the same sense as any other content-free product would be. Obviously, your mileage may vary...

      Comment


      • bmyers,
        Are you saying you have actually read something by Mr. Enyart, or are you saying you judge a book by it's cover, so to speak?
        Help for

        "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nineveh
          bmyers,
          Are you saying you have actually read something by Mr. Enyart, or are you saying you judge a book by it's cover, so to speak?
          Let me just say that my familiarity with Mr. Enyart's positions comes from several years' worth of experience. Please note that he and I are located in the same state.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bmyers
            Let me just say that my familiarity with Mr. Enyart's positions comes from several years' worth of experience. Please note that he and I are located in the same state.
            Translation: No, I haven't really read anything of Mr. Enyart's and am coming to my own conclusions. But if I make mention that I live in the same state, you might come to the conclusion that I have actually read some of his work without me having to out and out lie about it.
            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



            Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


            Upgrade your TOL membership.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Poly
              Translation: No, I haven't really read anything of Mr. Enyart's and am coming to my own conclusions. But if I make mention that I live in the same state, you might come to the conclusion that I have actually read some of his work without me having to out and out lie about it.
              You can come to that conclusion if you want to, but know that you're doing it with no basis whatsoever. The fact is that I HAVE read quite a good deal of Enyart's writings, and found it without exception to be utterly devoid of any useful or meaningful content.

              Is THAT explicit enough for you?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bmyers
                You can come to that conclusion if you want to, but know that you're doing it with no basis whatsoever. The fact is that I HAVE read quite a good deal of Enyart's writings, and found it without exception to be utterly devoid of any useful or meaningful content.

                Is THAT explicit enough for you?
                Why didn't you just say so? I find it odd that you wouldn't when it only makes people suspect what I posted. It only makes you seem less credible.
                "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



                Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


                Upgrade your TOL membership.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Poly
                  Why didn't you just say so? I find it odd that you wouldn't when it only makes people suspect what I posted. It only makes you seem less credible.
                  Because, unlike some who post here, I will quite often at least attempt to be diplomatic rather than blunt. I understand that this runs the risks of people interpreting what I say per their own biases, but that's at least in part their problem. You, for example, not only interpreted my statement in the worst possible light, but saw fit for some reason to then post this conclusion and to come very close to a public accusation of lying on my part. Why you seemed to think this was necessary, I could only speculate.

                  Frankly, I haven't found that I do appear less credible, to those whose opinions of my credibility concern me.
                  Last edited by bmyers; September 9th, 2003, 01:56 PM.

                  Comment


                  • bmyers,
                    I'm with Poly on that, why do you feel the need to beat around the bush?

                    What did you read by Mr. Enyart?
                    Help for

                    "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                    Comment


                    • For a start he read Enyarts entire "God exists" debate.

                      It was about 20 pages of the most uninspiring nothing I have ever read !

                      BTW BMyers.. I just loved the.. how did we evolve before taxes..LOL.. that was a ripper !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bmyers
                        Because, unlike some who post here, I will quite often at least attempt to be diplomatic rather than blunt. I understand that this runs the risks of people interpreting what I say per their own biases, but that's at least in part their problem. You, for example, not only interpreted my statement in the worst possible light, but saw fit for some reason to then post this conclusion and to come very close to a public accusation of lying on my part. Why you seemed to think this was necessary, I could only speculate.

                        Frankly, I haven't found that I do appear less credible, to those whose opinions of my credibility concern me.
                        Uhh..ok
                        "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



                        Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


                        Upgrade your TOL membership.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mr Potato Head
                          Hey Aussie!

                          I beg to differ... just go to infidelguy.com - Go a third of the way down the page, look on the left side. They give you two sites that you can donate through, stormpay and paypal! Whoops. Oh, and then have you ever noticed that in order to do anything you need money? Apparently not. Maybe it's true that some churches have illegal drug runs to raise money but most have to rely on private donors. You ever think about that??

                          Oh, and I found a couple church sites that don't ask for money (www.nefc.net and www.apc-online.org). So that didn't work either.

                          One last thing, don't start quoting the Bible when you have no idea what's going on. It had nothing to do with the money that was being given to the temple (see Mark 12:41-44) as to why Jesus cleared it, it was the fact that they were mocking the sacrificial system (the very thing Jesus came to fulfill) by selling animals for the sacrifice while ripping people off and being "robbers." It had nothing to do with giving money to the Church or to projects it undertakes.
                          GREAT post, Mr. Potato Head!

                          Welcome to TOL!
                          BRXI: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?

                          Comment


                          • Turbo,

                            Did you bother to read the follow ups..

                            We both conclude that religion is generally greedy !

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Zakath

                              The tone of you post comes across as disappointed; but you should realize that, unlike Enyart, I do not make my living from arguing about religious beliefs. I think the rapidity with which Enyart self-published the debate (on sale at his website for a mere $19.95 plus shipping and handling), without even the common courtesy of allowing the other major party involved (me) to review the text prior to publication, demonstrates where his head was in the matter.

                              For me, debating on boards like this was just a pastime. For him, debating here appears to be merely another way to make money off of religion.

                              (edited to add the link to Enyart's website) - Z
                              I was not aware of this. I'm going to pm Knight about this.

                              Comment


                              • NO kidding Freak!!!

                                KNIGHT!!!!

                                This could be another member perk! Platinum Level : Read the infamous Battle Royal between Bob Enyart and Zakath!
                                Help for

                                "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X