Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARCHIVE: Bob Enyart has already lost the debate ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Thinker
    replied
    Taoist,

Even as an atheist I cannot deny my fascination with Jesus. I have the feeling he was a “Ghandi” of his time.. preaching non-violent resistance to the Romans.

For whatever reason you care to put it down to you cannot deny he was the most famous human ever.

I worry about a lot of the spin doctoring by Paul to make Christianity acceptable to the Roman and Greek world but it seems irrefutable that Jesus was a remarkable man.

By the same token I would have like to have met Buddha, Confucius and several hundred other characters from history.

Leave a comment:

• taoist
    replied
    I'd love to have had the chance to know the real Jesus, Aussiethinker, he sounds like he was my kind of guy. It's not his fault if most of what we could have known about him was burned at the Council of Nicea. Have you ever checked out any of the non-canonical gospels?

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    Originally posted by taoist
    It's mine as well
    ok.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Thinker
    replied
    Taoist,

Congratulations on your sound thrashing of Bob.

His sniping against you was predictable .. remember he is in this to make a $.. you on the other hand are merely trying to provide honest (well researched I might add) opinion..

I wonder who Jesus would be more impressed with if he was still around ?

Leave a comment:

• taoist
    replied
    Nineveh
    I dunno how you arrived at your conclusions, you don't care to share, so your accusations about Mr. Enyart are just going to hang there.

:shrugs:

It's your belief.
    It's mine as well, Ninevah. Bmyers cited the two main motifs apparent in Enyart's writing. Here's evidence.

Woeful ignorance (of the nature of absolutes)

Deliberate deception (on the complex nature of his God)

And the debate's not over. I've replied to his challenge. We'll see if he takes the bait. But honestly, it's like dealing with an unruly student in the back of the class. What do you do with a college dropout who thinks he knows more about physics than Hawkings?

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    I dunno how you arrived at your conclusions, you don't care to share, so your accusations about Mr. Enyart are just going to hang there.

:shrugs:

It's your belief.

Leave a comment:

• bmyers
    replied
    Originally posted by Nineveh
    bmyers,
    I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.
    What part of "the evidence has already been presented" are you incapable of understanding?

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    bmyers,
    I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.

Leave a comment:

• bmyers
    replied
    Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...
    More than sufficient evidence has already been presented in this and other threads relating to the so-called "Battle Royale." If you can't be troubled to look it up, that's hardly my problem.

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    Originally posted by bmyers
    My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them.
    Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...

I imagine you don't care what I think

Leave a comment:

• bmyers
    replied

My common sence says not to believe you.
    Then don't. My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them. Nor would I expect you to believe anything that did not agree with your own common "sence", assuming, of course, that I was concerned with what you believed in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    Originally posted by bmyers
    No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place.
    I didn't say that you did.

Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception
    You said that.

My common sence says not to believe you.

Leave a comment:

• bmyers
    replied
    Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.
    No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place. Frankly, I could not possibly care less if he has or has not contradicted Scripture, or at least your interpretation of it.

Leave a comment:

• Nineveh
    replied
    Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.

Your word doesn't agree with my own reason and my own common sense.

Leave a comment:

• bmyers
    replied
    bmyers,
    "utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which"

Could you please cite somethng for an example, or am I just to take your word for it?
    Well, you COULD try to read his stuff yourself with a more objective, critical eye, but if you're not going to do that, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. As I said, I've said all I feel is necessary on this particular topic. If you find someone else who sees value in continuing on this line, please feel free to carry on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X