Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRXII Battle talk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Balder
    There is no scriptural account of an additional transformation of resurrected bodies into an imperishable form after the general resurrection.
    There are no verses that tell us those in the "general resurrection" are given immortal bodies.

    ...if people do not have imperishable bodies, do you think that people will then burn up until nothing is left, meaning that there time in the Lake will be limited?
    Their bodies are not immortal, they will rot or burn or whatever eventually. But that does not limit their torment in the lake.

    Or will they burn forever? And if they will burn forever, how can they do that without imperishable bodies -- or at least bodies that are MUCH stronger than our earthly ones?
    The torment comes from their own stained spirits, their guilty conscience, and their hard "hearts".
    Help for

    "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

    Comment


    • It is called the resurrection of condemnation Balder. They are resurrected to eternal condemnation in the Lake of Fire. Their bodies will never burn up. To say that they would burn up would be to say that annihilationism is right, and annihilationism is unBiblical.


      Comment


      • 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.


        Comment


        • Thanks, Kevin. That means they are given imperishable bodies. (Let Nineveh know).
          "Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something that needs our love" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

          Comment


          • Romans 3:5-8

            5 But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) 6 Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?
            7 For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? 8 And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.

            TO SPEAK LIKE A MAN: TO SAY THAT GOD IS UNJUST IF HE INFLICTS WRATH IN JUDGMENT!


            Comment


            • Originally posted by Balder
              Thanks, Kevin. That means they are given imperishable bodies. (Let Nineveh know).
              I am certain Nineveh agrees with me completely. I think the way you were asking it was what Nin disagreed with.


              Comment


              • John 3:18-20

                18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

                Those practicing evil do not want to be exposed to the light because they are afraid to give up their wicked deeds. People are trapped in their sin. Christ came to deliver them from that entrapment.


                Comment


                • Mark 3:28-30

                  28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—

                  There is much debate on what blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is. That is a debate for another thread. But the important thing here is that Universalism again is shown to be untrue based upon the very words of Jesus Christ. Not only does He say they are subject to eternal condemnation (which Universalists will argue and say it isn't eternal), but their argument FALLS APART because the text also says they will NEVER have forgivenness! Never......sounds to me like eternal just might mean eternal after all!


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PastorKevin
                    I am certain Nineveh agrees with me completely. I think the way you were asking it was what Nin disagreed with.
                    Either way, where balder is concerned, he will find out first hand.

                    I created a new thread to discuss immoral bodies over in the Christian forum if you wanna
                    Help for

                    "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                    Comment


                    • Psalm 28:3-5

                      3 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil,
                      who speak cordially with their neighbors
                      but harbor malice in their hearts.

                      4 Repay them for their deeds
                      and for their evil work;
                      repay them for what their hands have done
                      and bring back upon them what they deserve.

                      5 Since they show no regard for the works of the LORD
                      and what his hands have done,
                      he will tear them down
                      and never build them up again.


                      He will NEVER build the wicked back up again once they are torn down. Sorry Universalism you are shown to be false by the light of God's Word.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nineveh
                        Either way, where balder is concerned, he will find out first hand.

                        I created a new thread to discuss immoral bodies over in the Christian forum if you wanna
                        I was sure I spotted a disagreement. Thanks for confirming it!

                        You all lecture us for not following the "true book" and then can't even agree on fundamental beliefs...

                        "Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something that needs our love" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PastorKevin
                          Psalm 28:3-5

                          3 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil,
                          who speak cordially with their neighbors
                          but harbor malice in their hearts.

                          4 Repay them for their deeds
                          and for their evil work;
                          repay them for what their hands have done
                          and bring back upon them what they deserve.

                          5 Since they show no regard for the works of the LORD
                          and what his hands have done,
                          he will tear them down
                          and never build them up again.


                          He will NEVER build the wicked back up again once they are torn down. Sorry Universalism you are shown to be false by the light of God's Word.
                          Kevin, Christain Universalism does not say that the wicked will be built up again. It says no one will be wicked once they are saved.

                          Try again.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Balder
                            I was sure I spotted a disagreement. Thanks for confirming it!

                            You all lecture us for not following the "true book" and then can't even agree on fundamental beliefs...

                            Balder, a minor disagreement amongst men about a detail doesn't save you from the Lake. Only Christ can do that.

                            And since your same post was deleted over there, let me issue your first warning over here
                            Help for

                            "...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nineveh
                              Balder, a minor disagreement amongst men about a detail doesn't save you from the Lake. Only Christ can do that.

                              And since your same post was deleted over there, let me issue your first warning over here
                              So, Nineveh, since you do not agree that the bodies of unbelievers will exist forever in the Lake of Fire, but may "burn up" or "rot away," then you apparently believe in the Greek (rather than Hebrew) notion of a disembodied soul which is inherently immortal?
                              "Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something that needs our love" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

                              Comment


                              • And a question I would add to that is, If the bodies that unbelievers are given are going to burn up anyway, what is the point of resurrecting them and giving them new bodies?
                                "Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something that needs our love" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X