Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Universalism is closer to being biblically correct that Calvinism or Armianism.

Comment

Originally posted by logos_x
      Hades is not eternal.
      You're right, but the Lake of Fire is.
      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

The second death is death and hades thrown into the lake of pur and theon.
        But this isn't the thread to discuss these things

Comment

Originally posted by Sozo
          At least Universalism is closer to being biblically correct that Calvinism or Armianism.
          I thought you were basically an arminian.
          Did you switch to open theism?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
            I am looking for suggestions and or recommendations for the next Battle Royale (BR XI).

Topics?

Combatants?

Ideas?

let's hear 'em!

I like the idea of homeschooling vs. public school.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoney
              I thought you were basically an arminian.
              Did I say something to offend you?
              Did you switch to open theism?
              I have never been either.

Comment

Did I say something to offend you?
                No, why do you ask?

I have never been either.
                Well I was almost positive that you weren't an open theist and from reading your posts your beliefs seemed to line up with arminianism the most. What about arminianism don't you agree with?

Comment

If we do the Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology debate, we have to figure out a way to get Bob Enyart to do another Battle Royale. Something tells me, it would be his wife that we'd have to convince though.
                  sigpic
                  "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by death2impiety
                    how about the existance of hell? A debate over judgement and whether or not the damned are punished eternally.
                    What D2I said
                    Help for

"...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart

Comment

Originally posted by Clete
                      If we do the Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology debate, we have to figure out a way to get Bob Enyart to do another Battle Royale. Something tells me, it would be his wife that we'd have to convince though.
                      You don't think anyone else on here is capable of defending disp?

I'm sure many of you have copies of The Plot, just post those!

Comment

No, why do you ask?
                        I was just wondering why you would insult me like that
                        Well I was almost positive that you weren't an open theist and from reading your posts your beliefs seemed to line up with arminianism the most. What about arminianism don't you agree with?
                        Have you seen how much godrulz and I are in agreement?

Primarily... that believers are able to resist sin but are not beyond the possibility of falling from grace.

Comment

I was just wondering why you would insult me like that
                          Sorry!!

Have you seen how much godrulz and I are in agreement?

Primarily... that believers are able to resist sin but are not beyond the possibility of falling from grace.
                          I guess we are thinking of different things when we say "arminianism". I think of the question of, "does god know the future" and nothing about "once saved always saved".

Also, godrulz is an open theist so I don't think he'd consider himself an arminian.

Comment

Sorry!!

I guess we are thinking of different things when we say "arminianism". I think of the question of, "does god know the future" and nothing about "once saved always saved".

Also, godrulz is an open theist so I don't think he'd consider himself an arminian.
                            Oh my gosh, he is more Arminian then Jacobus Arminius

Comment

You don't think anyone else on here is capable of defending disp?
                              Several of us could, just not even a tenth as well.

I'm sure many of you have copies of The Plot, just post those!
                              We can't do that! Then people would stop buying them!
                              sigpic
                              "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Clete
                                Several of us could, just not even a tenth as well.

We can't do that! Then people would stop buying them!

The sounds like a good reason to post the Plot.

Comment

Working...
                                X