Battle Royale XI suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urizen

Clete said:
If we do the Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology debate, we have to figure out a way to get Bob Enyart to do another Battle Royale. Something tells me, it would be his wife that we'd have to convince though.

I have to say that would be the idea mentioned thus far that I'd be the most interested in seeing.

Urizen

Also, as it's something I've seen cropping up in a number of threads, the applicability of the Mosaic Law after the death and resurrection of Christ might be interesting as well.

Urizen

Knight said:
Or how about you verses me or Turbo on predestination. :D

LOL. I could probably do it, and in fact in some ways would like to. Kinda been where the bulk of my reading has been for a while now.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Urizen said:
LOL. I could probably do it, and in fact in some ways would like to. Kinda been where the bulk of my reading has been for a while now.
How about we go One on One?

Less structured, less time consuming, less argumentative.

Interested?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
No, why do you ask?

Well I was almost positive that you weren't an open theist and from reading your posts your beliefs seemed to line up with arminianism the most. What about arminianism don't you agree with?
Actually, Sozo doesn't call himself an open theist, for various reasons, but he does believe the future is open, and God does not have exhaustive foreknowledge.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Urizen said:
Also, as it's something I've seen cropping up in a number of threads, the applicability of the Mosaic Law after the death and resurrection of Christ might be interesting as well.
This is what I want to see.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Urizen said:
Good idea. :up:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Actually, Sozo doesn't call himself an open theist, for various reasons, but he does believe the future is open, and God does not have exhaustive foreknowledge.
I thought he did say God had exhaustive foreknowledge. :idunno:

sentientsynth

Clete said:
If we do the Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology debate, we have to figure out a way to get Bob Enyart to do another Battle Royale. Something tells me, it would be his wife that we'd have to convince though.

Who do we have in mind to represent the Covenantal side?

SS

Sozo

kmoney said:
I thought he did say God had exhaustive foreknowledge. :idunno:
Never.

I only question the bizarre idea that foreknowledge would equal causation.

sentientsynth

K$ said:
You don't think anyone else on here is capable of defending disp?

I'm sure many of you have copies of The Plot, just post those!

I had a man with a slightly different dispensational perspective in mind, K$, from a man who I believe isn't familiar with TOL. It's a long shot, but I've made stone cold phone calls before. It all depends on who's going to be representing the Covenant side.

SS

logos_x

Redfin said:
I like the universal salvation topic.

It would likely have to be Logos-X to defend it, although there may be some others who would be competent.

Who would like to present eternal torment if this were pursued? No one seemed interested.

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
logos_x said:
Who would like to present eternal torment if this were pursued? No one seemed interested.

Me. I am very, very eager to show why, when you die, you are going to be thrown into the fiery pits of hell, ravished by demons, and skewered over a burning lake.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Sozo said:
Never.

I only question the bizarre idea that foreknowledge would equal causation.
Bizzarre in that no one holds to this silly idea. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.