Battle Royale VIII applicants wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Knight, clearly define open and closed theology and I will tell you if I can argue a point of view on it.

add yasaf

huh

huh

Knight quote - Sorry Add but you do not have a consistent position.

That is the one thing that I do have!! Isn't that the point of debating?! I am sure you think that all the other positions are inconsistent that are not your own. The fact of the matter is, is that I know what the Calvinist position is as well as the Arminian position just as well as anybody.

What I would do in a debate is clearly state which angle I might be coming from to make my point. For instance, God being able to see all our time at once works for either the Calvinist or Arminian.

In any event, that would be one of the things to debate. I am simply surprised that you would stoop to that level without argumentation as to why my view is inconsistent, by just saying that it is.

If my view does the best justice to most of Scripture which I believe it does than there is no problem. Of course that is what debate is all about!

LightSon

This may go without saying, but I'll say it anyway. My main interest is in seeing honest and able participants. As a counterexample, it will do no good to bring in a Calvinist who is not well-equipped to defend. In such a case, any "conclusion" of a formal debate will be meaningless.

Jerry Shugart

Excuse me if I am getting impatient,but I was told quite some time ago that Jeremy and I would be debating (on Battle Royale VIII) whether or not "works" were required for salvation in regard to the Jews.

Are they having second thoughts?

In His grace,--Jerry

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Sorry, I've been a little busy this week. I just heard from Jeremy though. We should be able to get going soon.

Freak

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart

Excuse me if I am getting impatient,but I was told quite some time ago that Jeremy and I would be debating (on Battle Royale VIII) whether or not "works" were required for salvation in regard to the Jews.

Are they having second thoughts?

In His grace,--Jerry
:chuckle: I wonder if Turbo also believes works were necessary for salvation, at one time?

Jerry Shugart

Originally posted by Turbo

No. Sorry, I've been a little busy this week. I just heard from Jeremy though. We should be able to get going soon.
Turbo,

If Jeremy would like to broaden the scope of the debate we could also argue whether or not the "Twelve" are members of the Church,which is His Body.

In His grace,--Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.