Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Dee Dee Warren

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee Dee Warren

Yeah, it looks that way unless anyone else wants to take me on. Jerry got me all worked up for another Battle so I would love to take it out on, errrr, interact with someone!!

I will be going out of town for a few days until next week, peace and blessings until then. No further word on my brother... all we know now is what kind of cancer he has but not a prognosis yet. He will have a CAT scan on Tuesday to see if it has spread to his brain.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did not vote on this debate, because I saw no clear winner.

Both sides did an amazing job of bringing up all sorts of issues, but I was quite disappointed at the tone of the debate which saw more heat than light..

Perhaps my superficial examination missed some points, so if the following issues were covered I am sorry.

1. Do people consistently misinterpret prophecy?
My experience with gathering “200 prophecies of the Messiah” seems to say so. The “experts” of that day missed the fact that Jesus would come twice and thus failed to recognize that Jesus was their Messiah. Even today most Jews are still waiting for their Messiah to come.

2. Does God ever change His mind?
Apparently He does. He even states that He will, and what the general circumstances are which might lead to this.

3. Does history ever repeat itself?
Apparently it does, at least in many ways (I can’t help but comment on the irony that the recent war in Afghanistan was fought with special forces on the ground riding horses).

In Christ,
Bob B.

Last edited:
D

Dee Dee Warren

Depends upon what you mean by that.. we are all biased in some sense by our particular point of view. If you mean biased because Holding is a friend of mine and would automatically agree with me on that basis, no. He and I have strenously disagreed on many things. I was a committed preterist before he was and he is not postmillenial. Biased because he is now a preterist... perhaps, but judging by how the whupping Jerry received at my hands is not reflected in the polls, the bias is very spread out amongst both sides of the spectrum.

Actually, I know Holding well, and his good opinion of how I did, and the fact that he actually took the time to post a report on it speaks volumes. He does not automatically do that, and his compliments towards anyone are very hard earned. If Jerry had bruised my behind, he would say so in no uncertain terms.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Thread pruning. Stinks doesn't it??

And for the record I urged Holding to be "nice" to Jerry to which he told me he was going to say whatever he thought was accurate. Though after I was called an "idiot" my exhortations to be nice ceased.

D

Dee Dee Warren

And I also told Holding that he absolutely was forbidden to disagree with me on anything and must think that I did the best job possible blah, blah, blah. If you read the review, you will see that he was disobedient about that as well. He actually had the nerve to say there were some points I should have brought out and didn't, or should have brought out earlier, and that we disagree on a few things. I will now have to go and whup his tail. Not!!! He is one of the few people out there who would clean my clock in a debate even though I would d still be right of course.

While you are there checking out the review... check out the rest of his material. His ministry is well worth supporting. I have the utmost respect for the man.

C

cirisme

I don't have enough time to read one paragraph, what makes you think I would read the whole review? ;)

D

Dee Dee Warren

Then I guess you'll never know if it is biased or not :) The "review" portion though is very short. Holding quotes mine and Jerry's posts in their entirety (which is nice for both of us) and then comments very briefly after each one. It could be read in under five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.