When does....

Status
Not open for further replies.

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
Life begin? Human life that is. When does God recognize that the sperm and ovum that unite is a living human being and falls under sacred?

Just curious. I thought it was universal for Christians to believe after conception is a new "in the image of God" human being.

Some people even believe that it is before and condone the use of birth control.
Some people believe after implantation and state that the being or (thing) is actually just a lump of cells,nothing more than seed.

I am just wondering what everyone thinks.

Brandy

eveningsky339

Life begins at conception. Why? Scripture and kindergarten embryology-- can you say "new DNA"? I knew you could, kids! :first:

If anyone would like to challenge my position, then let's dance. :box:

Darwin's Lady

Life begins at birth. Why? Because an unborn child cannot live outside the womb (until the fifth or sixth month, that is). And even then it's a battle to survive. A person is considered "alive" when they are breathing and their heart is beating. I defy a zygote that was just conceived to breathe or cause a heart to beat.

Oh, and last I checked, they don't teach Embryology in Kindergarten.

Also, I don't think scripture - that was written a few thousand years ago - can be used in an argument pertaining to Biology, since the subject changes so fast even BIOLOGY TEXTBOOKS are out of date by the time they are printed.

Quincy

WW was pro-life and not an Atheist, I thought the same thing with DL unearthed this thread but 1+1=2. To answer her question, life begins upon conception, it is a development stage that transcends to other stages until death.

koban

WW was pro-life and not an Atheist, I thought the same thing with DL unearthed this thread but 1+1=2. To answer her question, life begins upon conception, it is a development stage that transcends to other stages until death.

Trolls often assume different identities. I did it myself at a site peopled by posters I disliked.

Castle

BANNED
Banned
Life begins at birth. Why? Because an unborn child cannot live outside the womb (until the fifth or sixth month, that is). And even then it's a battle to survive. A person is considered "alive" when they are breathing and their heart is beating. I defy a zygote that was just conceived to breathe or cause a heart to beat.

Also, I don't think scripture - that was written a few thousand years ago - can be used in an argument pertaining to Biology, since the subject changes so fast even BIOLOGY TEXTBOOKS are out of date by the time they are printed.

So do they become a child after the fifth or sixth month? If they are capable of surviving, then why not?

Aimiel

At conception, a new being exists, a human being. Abortion murders that human being. End of story.

karstkid

Life begin? Human life that is. When does God recognize that the sperm and ovum that unite is a living human being and falls under sacred?

Just curious. I thought it was universal for Christians to believe after conception is a new "in the image of God" human being.

Some people even believe that it is before and condone the use of birth control.
Some people believe after implantation and state that the being or (thing) is actually just a lump of cells,nothing more than seed.

I am just wondering what everyone thinks.

Brandy
Life begins when one sperm cell drills through the zona pelucida ("shell") of the ovum, then the sperm (head) enters the interior of the ovum, and then the sperm "head" opens up and unpacks it's genetic material (chromosomes). That is fertilization and that is when life begins. Amen.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Life begins when you want it to. You just have to expect that the decisions you make are not in a vacuum - they have consequences. If you decide that life begins at birth and then you use that to abuse the unborn, this will have consequences. It will inoculate you against compassion and mercy and it will prevent you from raising a valid defense, in the day that someone decides that your own life is useless and not life, and wants to put an untimely end to you.

But if you admit that an unborn child cannot live outside the womb, at least you are admitting that it can live inside the womb. If so, then it is still alive even there. Does it really matter where the person is? A person with a kidney defect might not be able to live outside a hospital - does that mean that they are not alive? And not many of us can live at the bottom of the sea without assistance, does that mean we are not alive or not human? The fact is that an unborn baby is quite capable of surviving and surviving well in its own environment just as we who are normal adults are capable of surviving in our own environment. To suggest that a person is not really alive because he is in a different place to you is pure prejudice. And self-centredness.

Status
Not open for further replies.