Topic suggestion (battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatGirl

Hi all!

I decided to suggest a topic for a Battle forum..

Racism. Where it comes from? What's its Past, Present and Future?
Does the level of "hate-different-people" -people increase or remain the same?
How a person becomes a racist and does it exert influence on thier way of thinking?

These questions are worth to discuss everywhere, especially in Russia, one of the countries where most racism cases take place.

Last edited:

JoyfulRook

CatGirl said:
Hi all!

Does the level of "hate-different-people" -people increases or remains the same?
How a person becomes a racist and does it exert influence on thier way of thinking?

These questions are worth to discuss everywhere, especially in Russia, one the countries where most racism cases take place.
Why don't you start a thread about it? :)

Zimfan

CatGirl said:
Hi all!
These questions are worth to discuss everywhere, especially in Russia, one the countries where most racism cases take place.

Does Russia have a lot of problems with racism?

CatGirl

It does. Even with russians themselves.. stupid situation, is it?
To add if an expat has a beard he'll be stopped in order to check he's Chechen or not. "Russians still use the word "nigger," to describe anyone of color." The Moscow Times

fool

Hall of Fame
CatGirl said:
Hi all!

These questions are worth to discuss everywhere, especially in Russia, one of the countries where most racism cases take place.
A Battle Royale is a formal debate, two people argue about a statement, or question, one for and one against.
You've got three questions there.
And none of them seem to lend themselves to a yes or no position.

I've heard russia has a lot of racism, a friend told me that one time he saw a russian show where they said something about how they have a pet monkey, and then they showed a black man. Does that sound typical?

SOTK

Yeah, start a thread about racism. I would be interested in reading and participating in that. :)

Zimfan

SOTK said:
Yeah, start a thread about racism. I would be interested in reading and participating in that. :)

Well, we're in the Back Alley, why not just start here.

Mr. 5020 said:
Is it because I'm a Mexican? :D

Nah, must be because I'm an Irishman. :cheers:

CatGirl

Me, too. You know, that even children take of their parents or friends or even TV characters how to think and what to do. Baby racist. - Sounds scary...

PureX

CatGirl said:
Hi all!

Racism is just bigotry based on race. Why not go for the whole nut and discuss bigotry, itself. And since we have a number of people here on TOL who believe that bigotry is good and biblical, and a number of people here on TOL that do not, the "battle" part of the debate could be over whether bigotry is OK in the name of one's religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.