This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by granite1010
    Uh-huuuuuh. Sozo and Jesus. The minute Sozo says something approaching, say, the sermon on the mount, lemme know.

Wick's a sweetheart and I always appreciate her comments.
    I didn't compare what Sozo said to anything Jesus said. I simply pointed out what you said about Sozo could have easily been said about Jesus in His day.

Concerning wickwoman. Uh-huuuuuh. Not surprising.

7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mountain Time

Comment

I guess So-slow figures that he's safe since he knows very well that I put him on ignore last evening...

Comment

Originally posted by Sozo
        Hey... great to see you, granite!

Perhaps you would like to take a stab at the question...

When did the following happen to you?

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"

True believers do have this witness from the Spirit. The Word of God and the character of God are more objective standards for our assurance. Millions of Mormons have a strong, subjective burning that they have the truth. Satan can counterfeit in the realm of feelings. We need an objective apologetic and a subjective one. Many people have a subjective, religious experience and 'assurance' that is deception and flesh. They think they are children of God, but they are not. I have the Spirit's witness AND the Word and character of God. So, many could and do say they have the subjective witness, but they also may have a false gospel or Christ (save your breath pronouncing which category I am in....no god-playing during fellowship week).
        Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
        I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath
          I guess So-slow figures that he's safe since he knows very well that I put him on ignore last evening...
          So-slow. That's very funny!

I mean, er, Zak, now let's not's lower ourselves to their station. Tsk, tsk . . .
          "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Granite is one of the most intelligent posters on this board. Excellent judge of character. Cheers!
            "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by wickwoman

I mean, er, Zak, now let's not's lower ourselves to their station. Tsk, tsk . . .
              You can't go lower than someone you're already below. You could find yourself falling further down, however.

Comment

Originally posted by wickwoman

I stand chastened and rebuked...

Not for long...

Comment

Originally posted by wholearmor
                  You can't go lower than someone you're already below.
                  Since So-slow is about as low as I've seen on this board, that would be pretty difficult.

You could find yourself falling further down, however.

Comment

Since So-slow is about as low as I've seen on this board, that would be pretty difficult.
                    Not considering the sources, it isn't.

Comment

Not considering the sources, it isn't.
                      Opinions are like noses... most everybody's got one and they're mostly full of hot air...

Comment

Opinions are like noses... most everybody's got one and they're mostly full of hot air...
                        Like that one, for instance?

Comment

Like that one, for instance?
                          No, that was a bromide, not an opinion.

Comment

Where exactly did the instigator of this thread run off to?

Here's a question: does anyone on TOL know Sozo? I mean personally, face to face?

Comment

Originally posted by godrulz
                              Let's hear it from the horses mouth.
                              Hear what?

Sozo has a habit of starting threads against people, but not giving them a heads up that it exists. It is easy to scoff that he is running, but like myself, he may simply be unaware at the moment.
                              Exactly the case. It's interesting to note that So-slow waited to start this thread close to midnight... quite a while after I logged off... then complained that I was avoiding it...

It's just another example of trying, convicting, and condemning a person in absentia... all the while claiming they put up no defense.

Comment

Hear what?

Exactly the case. It's interesting to note that So-slow waited to start this thread close to midnight... quite a while after I logged off... then complained that I was avoiding it...

It's just another example of trying, convicting, and condemning a person in absentia... all the while claiming they put up no defense.

Judge, Jury, and Executioner...Mr. Intolerant
                                Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
                                I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

Working...
                                X